Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 5:17am for A Fox's Tale

What a great story. I love your HP universe. You have done such a great job with the "Time of Destiny" and this is a really good insert into the story. It stands to reason that that many people living together would have problems. With all the people they lost during the war and the final battle emotions would be running high. That and Molly is deffinitely going to be feeling impending "empty nest syndrome" even more than she would without all the extra pain their lives have had in the last few months. Add to that the fact that Molly has had the care of a really large family for such a long time it is normal for her to want to run the household. I'm sure it never occured to her that Ginny might actually become the "lady of the house". In Molly's mind Ginny is still her "little girl". She just doesn't want to let that go! I think that right now I see Time of Destiny as my favorite HP fan fiction to date. These little stories you have added just are frosting on the cake. The cake is now 7 tiers high and just keeps getting better. Each layer a different flavor but that just makes tasting it that much better. Thank you so much for adding another very good life event to this story. pms

Abraxan replied:

Thanks very much!   What a lovely review!   I really appreciate it!

Abraxan

millercommamatt posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 4:24am for A Fox's Tale

You just can resist putting people in the hospital can you? This was a nice sute story. I found one thing which I think is a problem:

Marcus sighed, then nodded at the specialist, who said, "I’ll be honest with you, Mr. Potter... Don’t blame yourself. Marcus said to be honest with you, and that’s what I’m doing. ...

Marcus is the one who appears to be talking and you having him saying, "Marcus said".

-millercommamatt

Abraxan replied:

You misread it.   The specialist was telling Harry that Marcus told him (the specialist) to be honest with Harry.   That's exactly what that line says.   There are no misplaced quote marks to confuse you, if you'll look at it.   There would be quote marks after "Marcus said" if it was Marcus who was speaking.   I'm in the middle of finding the right names for a lot of characters in my novel and simply didn't want to name this guy and give him much personality since he's only involved in the story for a few lines of dialog.   Glad you enjoyed the story.

Abraxan

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 3:42am for A Fox's Tale

That was nice. The picnic sounded like a lot of fun. I'm not a H/G person, but this was sweet.

Thanks for writing.

Tom A.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   Have you read my novels?   They're both H/G, and these stories fit in the epilogue of the last one, "The Time of Destiny" ("The Refiner's Fire" is the prequel to "Destiny" and pretty much required reading to understand what's going on in Destiny.   RF covers Harry's 6th year, Destiny covers his 7th, and the epilog takes you 15+ years into the future after Harry, Ron and Hermione finish Hogwarts.  

Anyway, glad you enjoyed this ficlet!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rick Gale posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 3:37am for A Fox's Tale

A nice follow-up to ‘The Time of Destiny’. I can see Molly having trouble letting any of her children grow up. But can you imagine the ‘kink’ in the twins routine to have their parents show up at their apartment in the middle of the night? I hope they didn’t find any ‘guest’ spending the night at their apartment.

Even though you state that this is an epilog to ‘The Time of Destiny’, you could also use it as a prolog to the next years adventures — Ron and Hermione’s wedding — starting their life together. Ginny’s last year at Hogwarts — the challenges she and Harry face being so close — yet so far apart. The re-construction of the wizarding world after the great battle. Ron and Harry’s training as Aurors and professional Quidditch players. Maybe one or two of the games they play etc.

That’s what I love about Fan Fiction, It is only limited by your imagination, and writing skills — and you have plenty of BOTH. Thanks for a great story.

rdgale

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   And yeah, it could lead into a whole 'nother novel, but I don't want to do that right now (although all of your suggestions are good ones!!).   I'm busy writing an original novel aimed at real-life publication (which seems to be a trilogy, actually).   I don't want to do any more novels "for free" until I have these that I can hopefully be PAID for, ready to go make the rounds of publishers.   Writing novels takes a great deal of time - it took me two full years to write RF and ToD, ack!! - and if I'm going to devote that kind of time to writing, I want it to be my own original work now that I've loosened up my fiction writing muscles with these HP fics. But ficlets don't take long to write and I really enjoy them, so I'll keep popping these out as the spirit moves me.  

I'm glad you enjoyed my story!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Jam posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 3:08am for A Fox's Tale

Give me moooooore... :(

Abraxan replied:

I'm busy with my original novel now - ficlets pop out when they want to.   I can't tell when the next one will arrive - you'll just have to be patient!!   :-)

Abraxan

RainingFlowers posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 2:54am for A Fox's Tale

Love it. Excellent ficlet. I like how you put Harry by Ginny's bedside for once, instead of the other way round!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 2:46am for A Fox's Tale

It's about time Molly came to her senses. I really liked this.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 2:31am for A Fox's Tale

I love your work but you have got to keep them out of sick bay just a bit gezzz. LOL Thanks for the all the work.

Abraxan replied:

Without conflict, there's no story, and in Harry's world, conflict usually involves somebody getting hurt at least a little bit (even in canon).   Hence the hospital.   ;->  

There were several things I wanted to accomplish with this story (which I outlined in detail in another review reply).   I hadn't planned on the hospital bit, but it solved a problem (shocking Molly back into her senses and making her realize the kids are grown now).   The genesis of the story was   my "what if" idea about the four of them running as Animagi (well, with Hermione transformed, not an Animagi herself) just for fun, and another plot being the problem of three grown woman AND a grown female house-elf all trying to live under the same roof when one of them is being too pushy about being "in chage" (when it isn't her place to be in charge).   This story evolved from those ideas.   And I wanted to show how Ron was coping with his crippled leg, too, this soon after the end of school.   So those were my thoughts - see? Not a hospital in sight.   It just turned up when it was needed!   LOL!

Glad you liked the story!  

Abraxan

Treck posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 2:16am for A Fox's Tale

Bravo!

Are you going to do a one-shot wedding piece?

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   Yes, eventually there will be a ficlet about a wedding or two - or two ficlets, each one about one wedding, I just don't know yet.   Haven't thought about them in much detail.   When I do, I'll write them.   For now, I'm trying to work through an argument between the brothers who are the stars of "Star Sons" (my novel), heehee.   Can't have perfect relationships - without conflict, there's no story!

Off to create havoc for my characters. . .

Abraxan (who thanks you kindly for writing!)

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 1:25am for A Fox's Tale

Story embellishments are hard to do well. I've not tried any yet.

But you have done it flawlessly so far, and I can't imagine any more will be less than wonderful.

Congrats!

Abraxan replied:

Ah, more proof that ignorance is bliss!   I didn't know they were hard to do well!!   :-)   I just do them!   LOL!   Thank you so much for your lovely compliment!

Abraxan

Arvin Betancourt posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 12:19am for A Fox's Tale

like the story!

Will you be writhing a new story soon?

Abraxan replied:

Thanks so much!   I'm glad you liked it!  

I'm busy writing an original novel aimed at real-life publication. I've nearly finished the first book (it's a trilogy so far) in first draft form.   It's a hero-quest magical fantasy - I think my HP readers will like it!   I'll post ordering info on here when (not *if*!   Thinking positively here!) it's published!

As for HP stories - I said when I uploaded Destiny's epilogue that I'd be writing ficlets to fill in the gaps there because I still had stories in my head, but they didn't need to be in the epilogue and I wanted to get on with my original novel.   So yes, there will be more stories, all of which would fit into the epilogue nicely if I'd wanted the epilogue to be epic-length!   LOL!   Just stay tuned - new stories will be on here from time to time as they come to me.   I still have two weddings to write, at the very least.   :-)  

Glad you liked it.   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

KLGreen posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 12:03am for A Fox's Tale

keep them coming

Abraxan replied:

What I can, when I can!   I'm busy with my novel now (see the above review reply) but sometimes a Harry story will pop into my head and I take a break from the novel to write that.   The break lets me come back to the novel refreshed and able to move on more quickly.   I'm in a "move on more quickly with the novel" mode right now, so the next HP story may be a while in coming.   I have no idea when it will be, so just stay tuned so you don't miss it!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Draymon posted a comment on Wednesday 17th May 2006 11:55pm for A Fox's Tale

excellent structure and flow. Great portraly of characthers and an engrossing read to end

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much!   I really appreciate it!

Abraxan

loralee posted a comment on Wednesday 17th May 2006 11:39pm for A Fox's Tale

Cool story, liked it a lot. Will there be more in this 'verse?

Abraxan replied:

In this universe, we have "The Refiner's Fire" and "The Time of Destiny" which are actually prequels to this story.   And as the reviewer who posted just before you did said, that's over a million words right there!   And there are several ficlets online now, as well:   "A Very Harry Christmas," "On Second Thoughts" and now "A Fox's Tale."   (Are there some I've forgotten??   Can't think, still jet-lagged from our holiday in England!)   Anyway, do a search under my name and you'll find enough reading in this universe to keep you busy quite a while!   :-)   I'm writing ficlets to fill in gaps in the epilogue to "The Time of Destiny" - this is one of those ficlets.   Most of my writing these days is on my original novel, "Star Sons," which is aimed at real-life publication (not online).   I'll post ordering info on here when (not *if*!) it's available!   Glad you enjoyed my story!

Abraxan

Travis Slone posted a comment on Wednesday 17th May 2006 11:35pm for A Fox's Tale

1,045,036 Words in the Refiner's Fire and it's sequals/ficlets and you still have more to say?!? As always, it's a pleasure reading something from an author with so much talent.

Abraxan replied:

I'm just filling in the blank spots in the epilogue - there are huge gaps in time in it, and I thought it would be fun to fill them in from time to time.   Glad you enjoyed the fic!   Thanks for writing!  

Abraxan, who's written about 60,000 words on her original novel since finishing Destiny, if you want to add that to the word count. . .heehee

Finbar posted a comment on Wednesday 17th May 2006 10:19pm for A Fox's Tale

*sniffs* Thats beautiful.
It's nice to see Molly beginning to finally heal.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot, Fin!

Abraxan