Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Dragnew posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 11:57am for Chapter 04 - Summer Fun and Birthdays

It's always nice to see a story which actually uses Celsius. It's interesting to note how little time you dedicate to the OWLS. It's usually a much bigger deal.

Dave

Abraxan replied:

I tried to write as "British" as I could, including researching locations and everything.   Using Celsius was necessary!   And the OWLs didn't have much impact on the story I was telling, so I didn't see a need to emphasize them.

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 21st May 2008 9:45am for Chapter 04 - Summer Fun and Birthdays

Good chapter.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks, Gunny!

Abraxan

CodeRomance posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:52am for Chapter 04 - Summer Fun and Birthdays

well gosh i wonder what voldemort was happy about...and that shirt thing was funny...very good chapter!

CodeRomance

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

NickyFox13 posted a comment on Friday 5th October 2007 2:23pm for Chapter 04 - Summer Fun and Birthdays

It's Moontail, with an actual account. I found the password for this one, huzzah!

Anyhow, to the acutal review:
I've never been to England (I want to go there, though) so I can't get angry at you for including the waterpark, even if it isn't common. Same for the parades as well.

This was a cute, fluffy chapter. I like the idea of building up Casey and Harry's relationship.

Oh no, Harry's scar is burning! ...Subtle foreshadowing, eh?

The scene with Uncle Vernon was intense. How could he do such crap to Harry? At least it's mentioned that Vernon could have gotten in *big* trouble. Most stories that include the Dursleys doing anything bad, they don't get in trouble.

Very good chapter overall.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, I'm a big believer in people (such as Vernon) having to face the consequences of their misdeeds!!   Glad you liked the chapter!

Abraxan

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Wednesday 27th September 2006 12:48pm for Chapter 04 - Summer Fun and Birthdays

Good God. You do know that this means England are all fans of Ian Thorpe the swimmer, don't you. Excellently written, and I love this story.

Abraxan replied:

Okay, I'm an American and have only spent a couple of weeks in England (this past May) - I have no idea what you're talking about!   Glad you're enjoying the story, but I'd LOVE an explanation of your review!   LOL!

Abraxan

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 30th June 2006 2:23am for Chapter 04 - Summer Fun and Birthdays

Vernon’s arse will be thoroughly kicked if he ever tries that again. Loved the water park scenes even if actual water parks aren’t common in the UK — there are indoor swimming pools with chutes and slides that will most definitely get you wet. Good chapter.

Abraxan replied:

My Brit-picker told me water parks are rare there, but I just HAD to have it because I'd envisioned that wonderful scene with the slide and Casey's wardrobe mishap and Harry's blush. . .it was too cute to leave out!  

Abraxan