Content Harry Potter

Reviews

nintschi posted a comment on Thursday 20th May 2010 12:59am for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

sweet chapter thanks nintschi

darksidhe posted a comment on Friday 3rd July 2009 5:17pm for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

That was the coolest quidditch match ever!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   I'm glad you enjoyed it!   If I recall correctly, this was my first try at writing a sports scene, so I'm really glad you think it works!

Abraxan

Dragnew posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 12:31pm for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

It seems like most of my reviews are just me saying how much I like the way you've written the characters. So I'm just going to make a blanket statement. I love the way you've written all the canon characters. They're In Character, but also have their differences to canon. Tonks is especially good, and so is Kingsley. And I'm still dreading the doom and gloom that's about to bring the idyll crashing down. In a good way.

-Dave

Abraxan replied:

"dreading   . . . in a good way" - ROTFL!     I'm glad you like what I've done with the characters!   I tried to evolve them in the way I thought JKR was going to take them - in many cases, I anticipated what she was going to do (I had Remus and Tonks as a couple before she did, for instance).   Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Daily Prophet Reporting posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2008 8:18pm for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

Now I know you've got a bit moment coming soon. Harry and Casey are getting along entirely too well for it to end by his choice, and since you say this is an H/G fic, that tells me something's going to have to go very wrong here relatively soon.

The ultimate twist to the dark and tragic would be to kill Casey off now that Harry's so happy. Skeeter telling the world where Harry is and who he's spending his time with would give you the opening to do that, but I haven't seen any of the worst-case scenario approach from you yet, so I find that unlikely. I'm guessing that means the magical world is going to continue to become a bigger factor on the story, letting them apart.

Either way, it's a bit sad. Casey might be a bit Mary Sue-ish, but she's throughly likable and she and her family have been exactly what Harry needed in a dark time. Her impending romantic downfall -- through no apparent fault of hers or Harry's -- is entirely undeserved. But such is the fate of secondary character in canon-shipping fics, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm finding myself trying to get inside your head and figure out what you've got planned, so you've obviously got me intrigued. And that's one of the things I enjoy most about fics, so good job thus far.

-KC

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   Glad you're enjoying it!   And you're trying to get inside my head???   You'll find it's a strange world in there, populated by all kinds of odd people and beasties, and with loads of bizarre ideas, both fluffy and otherwise!!!!   heehee.

As for your assumptions - Casey isn't a Mary Sue, although her father is similar to mine in personality - but that's the extent of it.   I'm an old lady in my late 50's and have known a LOT of people in my life.   Casey's an amalgam of quite a few personalities.   I'll tell you more about her later on - I don't want to spoil your reading.   Have fun!

Abraxan

Jenifer Winterbine posted a comment on Sunday 22nd June 2008 9:01pm for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

I loved the part where Harry is explaining and demonstrating Wizardry to Casey because it brought back all my original feelings inspired by canon.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Wednesday 21st May 2008 10:15am for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

Outstanding chapter.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2005 1:43pm for Chapter 05 - Flying Gnomes and Broomsticks

phwee! Casey is definitely on my 'good' list with her utter acceptance of wizarding and her polite way of handling it when she thought the Weasleys lived in a ruin. Fun Quidditch game too, loved Fred's commentating. ( or was it George? ;) ) Yay for Ron and Hermione (another of my fave ships!) and a big heartfelt hug for poor Ginny, in her room brooding about Harry's pretty, nice, and understanding new girlfriend.