Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Dragnew posted a comment on Monday 12th January 2009 3:21pm for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

I suppose you're getting sick of all this by now, but you also write an excellent Snape. I'm going to keep this comment brief, but it is so good to see Harry joking again. Also, your Dumbledore feels much more grandfatherly than the one in Canon ever did. It's been a while since I last read ToD, but I seem to recall there's a good reason for that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Harry getting back to Hogwarts. Next Chapter, AWAY!

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you like my Snape and that you find Dumbledore grandfatherly!   I had fun writing them!

And I don't get tired of reading comments about my stories!   thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Sond posted a comment on Tuesday 29th July 2008 5:39am for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

Ok, never mind my whining about Casey dying just to have a H/G fic.
It was brilliant to think of something like that to make Harry sick and poor Casey was just perfect for it! You described her enough to let us know how Harry feels but you kept enough distance to allow us to read on without many problems.

Besides it would have been so cliché to let Harry get sick of is grieve for Sirius os you solved that very good with an OC.

Carrying on then :)
Sammy

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you understand why I did what I did!   Thanks!   And yeah, I didn't want to write a cliche'd story.   Glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

Jenifer Winterbine posted a comment on Sunday 22nd June 2008 10:40pm for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

I would like to congratulate your Brit pickers . It is so rare - and such a pleasure - to read a fic set in the UK , written by an American but wihout having one's 'suspension of disbelief' jarringly and repeatedly challenged by screamingly 'wrong' American expressions and habits in every other paragraph.
BTW you forgot a funeral for Sirius the dog or at least some explanation of what had happened to his body.

Abraxan replied:

I'm so sorry I missed seeing this review!   Thanks a lot for your kind words about my Brit-picker!   She's British-born and has traveled the world but still lives in England.   She does a really good job.

Yup, I left out Sirius the dog's funeral, but Harry was so devastated by Casey's death that he couldn't think about the poor dog.   Since the story is from Harry's POV, I left it out because of that.

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 22nd May 2008 11:47am for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

Good chapter.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

jake m posted a comment on Saturday 11th March 2006 8:51pm for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if ginny and harry get together that is betryal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i dont see why u made the muggle girl die she was awsome makes me want to hate u and send u horrible letters.
all in all means u wrote that very well and have me emotionalyl involved now.

singed
-antoine

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL! You can't imagine how many reviews I've gotten with folks yelling at me for killing off poor Casey. She's gone but not forgotten - keep reading (all the way through "The Time of Destiny," Refiner's sequel) and you'll see what I mean. And I'm using Casey as a character in the original novel I'm working on now, simply because she was so popular with readers. Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Wednesday 30th November 2005 10:14am for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

Whee! Ginny/Harry stuff already springing. I did love Casey and all, but she's not Ginny. She was perfect for him at that stage of his life though, so yay her! Snape is so...mean. Obviously he's on the 'good guy' side, but still...hmm...

Boy, Harry's temper is a problem, good thing about the pheonix song making him all tranquil...oh wait.

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 11th November 2005 1:53am for Chapter 11 - More Homework for Harry

Alittle more light-hearted. Quite nice actually.