Content Harry Potter

Reviews

wilfite posted a comment on Monday 11th January 2010 11:37pm for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

Ok, the description of rape and murder in this section was flat out sickening. The level of descriptive detail was, in my opinion, unnecessarily graphic. It just takes all the fun out of reading this story. I honestly cant continue doing so. I have enjoyed the story up til this point. Your exploration of Harry and Caseys relationship was sensetive and sweet, and the death of her and her family was handled very well. I cried at several points. It was quite moving. This last scene literally made me gag. Better luck in future.

james27 posted a comment on Sunday 15th March 2009 5:18am for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

Obviously we never really found out the scope of a Prefects powers and this story was written even before we even learned what we did, but doesn't it seem odd that Hermione is able to assign Malfoy a detention but isn't able to dock him points?

Abraxan replied:

I based a Prefect's powers on what I read in canon up to the point where I wrote the story.  

Abraxan

Dragnew posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 9:43am for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

Am I correct in thinking that this is the first truly 'Dark' scene in the story? It's remarkably well written. Sickening, really. First instance of the visceral brutality the Death Eaters get up to. I find that, in Canon, there isn't really enough to make you hate the Death Eaters. I mean, sure, you're told they're bad guys, but there's nothing like this to really show you.

Abraxan replied:

I think it probably is the first truly dark scene in the story other than the attack in Little Whinging when Casey and her family were killed - but that happened 'off camera" and this is shown.   I wanted the reader to understand why the DEs are so terrible.   JKR doens't really establish that, as you said.

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Thursday 22nd May 2008 4:13pm for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

Good chapter.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Xanatos_ posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 10:22am for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

i have one question, when malfoy jr and his gang attack and you talk about taking points you mention 4 of them attacked 3 uf us, who is the 4th in malfoys group?

Abraxan replied:

Oh gee, it's been AGES since I wrote this story!   A year and a half or so at least!!   I don't remember.   I think it was Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle and Nott as the usual foursome.   Hope you're enjoying the story!

Abraxan

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 30th June 2006 8:19am for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

I love how dark you make this and how abrupt the change is. Scar on your bum is the best password ever. Wonderful chapter.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much!!   I got a kick out of when I thought of "scar on your bum," LOL!   Glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

nezza posted a comment on Sunday 18th June 2006 10:37pm for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

COOL CHAPTER I LIKE THE SLOW BUILD UP U'VE GOT GOING WITH THIS STORY AND THOUGHT THE WAY U BROUGHT GINNY BACK INTO FLYING WAS SUPURB. AFTER ALL NOT MANY STORIES DEAL WITH THAT SORT OF THING AND SPEKAING FROM PAST EXPERIENCE OF BEING INJURED PLAYING SPORT I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO "GET BACK ON IT" AS WERE.

MY QUESTION THOUGH IS DUMBLEDORE AND SNAPE ARE BOTH MASTER LEGIMENS AND SO WOULDN'T THEY BE ABLE TO "SEE" IF MALFOY AND CO WERE TRULY UNDER THE IMPERIOUS OR NOT?

Abraxan replied:

First off, could you please not "shout" in your posts?   All caps is really hard to read!   Thanks.

 

Glad you're enjoying my fic!   Yup, I've had to do the slow "getting back into sport" myself, only in my case, it was riding horses.   You get dumped off a horse, you lose confidence and it's hard to get back in that saddle and build up your confidence again, especially if, like me, you're middle-aged.   I've ridden all my life, but when I got dumped when I was 50, it took me a LONG time to build up my confidence again (I had to sell that horse, who I could never trust again, and it wasn't her fault!   But I was always worried while riding her.   Now I have a horse who teaches me something every day and he and I have competed to several championships!   Yay!   So I had a real knowlege of what I was portraying in trying to  restore Ginny's confidence in flying.   Glad you liked how I did it!

To answer your question, Dumbledore is shown in canon as being very reluctant to use that spell on people, but yes, he or Snape COULD have told such things if they'd had a suspicion about it.   But the people who were under Imperious acted very soon after they were put under the spell, and it's possible they didn't run across Snape or DD before they did whatever they were going to do.

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Wednesday 30th November 2005 12:20pm for Chapter 15 - The Raven and The Thestral

gosh, what a horrible note to leave on. that was like something out of a dean koontz or stephen king book, and definitely something those dirty death eaters would do. incredibly well written, and i liked it (the story, not what happened)

props to you for the clever way you're forging the links between dumbledore, harry, and merlin. refiner's fire, multiple animagi, etc. etc. etc. very clever, and sets it up for the pheonix later. see? it's cool having me cause i can recognize all the hard work you put into your foreshadowing!