Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Paul Blay posted a comment on Saturday 6th March 2010 3:12am for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

Why the heck wasn't Malfoy expelled this time?

Dragnew posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 11:41am for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

Am I right in assuming you have owned horses before? You seem to be quite well-informed about their injuries. I've never owned one (A combination of a severe allergy and living in the suburbs will do that), but my late great aunt, being the ex-chairperson of the New Zealand RSPCA, always had one or two, along with the rest of her menagerie, and now I'm not sure where I'm going with this review. Oh well. Chalk another mark up to the realism score. Also, your Hagrid is brilliant. Not that I need to tell you that.

Abraxan replied:

I've owned horses all my life.   I used to train hunter/jumpers and give lessons.     Our daughter is now a dressage trainer.   I've just started riding dressage in the last year and have a wonderful new horse, a half-Andalusian named El Paso Aricos who's just amazing!

Glad you like my Hagrid - his dialect is hard for me to write, just as Dobby's is.   I'm glad you think he turned out well!

Abraxan

RockBiter posted a comment on Thursday 4th September 2008 2:57pm for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

What with the hurricanes and the political conventions this week, I'm reading in bits and pieces as I can . . . but still reading.

You've done something that I really appreciate in this chapter. I've often been disappointed in fan fictions, because they seem, so often, to leave Hagrid out. You've done an admirable job of including him here, and your use of dialect is spot on.

On to the next chapter.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   I'm glad you think Hagrid's dialect turned out well - it sure was hard to write!  

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Friday 23rd May 2008 2:19am for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

Very good chapter. I am afraid if someone had attacked me and mind that many times and nothing was done about it there would be hell to pay. Lets just say they would take a long vacation.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, I'm with you on that!

Abraxan

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 30th June 2006 10:12am for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

Question: when you said Merlin had over 20 animagus forms, were you thinking of the Merlin featured in ‘The Once and Future King’ & Disney’s adaptation of it ‘The Sword in the Stone’ or another one? He could certainly change himself into pretty much anything he wanted. You've got me wincing for Harry, poor boy, and adoring this as always.

Abraxan replied:

I've done a great deal of research on Merlin (he's a character in my original novel, and a life-long interest of mine).   His multiple animal forms are based on many legends, including "The Sword in the Stone" (Disney) and many other things I've found on him.   Like Morgan Le Fey, Merlin is supposed to have fairy blood, and fairies are known to be shape-shifters (I've been researching them too), so it's easier for him than it would be for some other people.   I'm about half-convinced that Dumbledore has some fairy blood in him, simply because he's so much more powerful than the average wizard.      Does that answer your question??

Glad you're enjoying the story!

Abraxan

Victor1 posted a comment on Saturday 25th February 2006 1:14pm for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

dammit this is written so well!

just thought i had to say it haha

now on to more reading!

Abraxan replied:

LOL! Thanks a lot! I appreciate your saying that!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Thursday 1st December 2005 3:21am for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

I have complete and utter confidence that Hagrid and Pomfrey can patch him up, which, (along with the fact I know he gets better, despite a large scar on his wing...), is the only reason I'm not freaking out

With the love and hate discussion b/w Dumbledore and Ron...i have one thing to say:

Dumbldore=Yoda

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 11th November 2005 4:39am for Chapter 18 - Where do wings go?

Hopefully, Harry won't have too many physical scars from this episode and he already has too may psycological scars to count.