Content Harry Potter

Reviews

RubinCompServ posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2018 7:03pm for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

As for viruses getting discussed often, remember that HP takes place in the late 90s and computer viruses were not nearly as common and well-known as they are now.

star22 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th September 2010 9:19am for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

I'm really enjoying this story so far. I like the plot for the most part, and you have the characerization pretty much right. I liked the addition of Casey and then what you did with that plot line. I like the idea of the Refiner's Fire and how powerful you have Harry without taking it too far. I liked what you did with Ginny's feelings for Harry, turning it from a crush on the boy-who-lived to real love and friendship in a believable way. I really like how you've kept Draco in character and not softened him or made him nicer. I like how you've kept Snape in character while still showing that he is on the light side. I like how you've written McGonagall and Dumbledore and kept them good and shown their relationship with Harry and the trio.

My one problem with the story is in the way you have written the female characters and the balance of power in their relationships with the men. For example, the Bellatrix we have in canon is a strong fighter and probably the most powerful of the death eaters and Voldemort's favorite. Yet here you have her playing shop keeper, selling traditionally feminine products, and working under cover (something I have a hard time imagining her being able to pull off).

Then there is the trio. In canon, while Harry may like Ron a slight bit more, we never see him choosing Ron over Hermione or spending a whole lot more time with Hermione. In GOF, it is the people in charge of the Tournament and not Harry who chooses Ron. Harry never tries to keep Hermione out of things more often than he does Ron, and we don't see Ron trying to keep Hermione out of things. And dating Ron is not going to change the balance of the trio. In the trio, Ron and Hermione are equal and both continually stand at Harry's side. We see the three of them spending time together. When it comes to Ginny, Harry tries to keep her out because of her age, not her gender. Adding Ginny to the trio might make people do couple things, but when that isn't happening, it will most likely go back to the trio again rather than just Harry and Ron.

Dragnew posted a comment on Tuesday 13th January 2009 2:17pm for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

Well, I'm glad to see that resolved. I'm not a fan of Harry/Hermione, I just can't see it working. I think it seems reasonable enough Harry knows about viruses, at least in passing. This is, what, '97, right? No complaints from this corner.

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad there are no complaints from your corner!   And yeah, I can't see Harry and Hermione as a couple either - he sees her as a sister, and he just doesn't need anyone else bossing him around anyway!   It's bad enough to have the Dark Lord after you and a destiny hanging over your head without having a bossy, pushy person trying to run your life!   LOL!

Abraxan

RockBiter posted a comment on Friday 5th September 2008 6:54am for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

Very interesting twist here. I'm always surprised at the ingenious and unexpected ways fan fiction authors are able to cause trouble for the heroes. Very good.

Abraxan replied:

Glad you liked it!   That was fun to write!

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Friday 23rd May 2008 5:39am for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

Good chapter.

gunny

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 30th June 2006 11:01am for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

Poor Hermione. Poor Harry too, but less so. Love the way you twisted their relationships into a fantastic knot - I bet she means she loves Harry as a friend though. Great chapters.

Abraxan replied:

You'll just have to keep reading to find out what's really going on, LOL!   Glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

Vidar posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 10:20pm for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

Hmmm, harry was born in 81, when he left the muggle world he was 11, that would be 92.... And if he by some sort of reason would have heard abouth it on TV in the summers it still only is 97..... And computer viruses wasn't that big a deal back then:) Love your story:)

Abraxan replied:

I've been working on computers since the mid-1980's, and yes, we did have to worry about viruses once the internet became the least big popular.   Dudley's had computers all along (in JKR's books) so I'm not out of line having Harry have a clue about viruses.   Glad you like the story.

Abraxan

jake m posted a comment on Sunday 12th March 2006 11:49am for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!
things were looking up.
hermoine and harry like its supposed to be.
then i find out its a dam enchantment!!!!
*heart attack*
the hospital thought i was a raving loony babbling on about harry and hermoine how dare u lead me on like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*&$%*$)#)%%&(*$
well written though.
but i will be sending u my hospital bill.
hehehe

Abraxan replied:

Sorry, I'm not paying your hospital bill!!   heehee.     Sorry about your raving loony episode!   Yup, it was just an enchantment, but it was pretty hard on both of them.   I hope you're enjoying the rest of the story!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Friday 2nd December 2005 5:57pm for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

"I have read about computers somewhat, although I must admit I don’t understand them."

"Most Muggles don’t, either,"
Amen to that.

...at least for a day or so...cute way to end it...too bad it's all too true. i'm very interested in snape's 'concerned look', and the spell thing with hermione was very cool...and yay for Ginny decking people!

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 11th November 2005 8:45am for Chapter 24 - Black Widow

Reconcilliation is always nice.