Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Sinfield4 posted a comment on Monday 2nd April 2018 3:17am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Excellent story thanks vary much. Had tears in my eye's when harry lost casey and family.

Rocket Lucy posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2017 2:43am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

There is something to be said for getting old enough that your memory begins to slip. Like reading a ff for the second time and feeling like it's brand new. I read The Refiner's Fire a few years ago as Rock Biter, and it was just as good this time. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Now, I'm off to read the next one.

There is one story I've been looking for, and I wonder if you know of it if it's on FFAuthors. In it, Harry develops a connection with Hogwarts via a chamber hidden in the depths of the castle where no one has gone in hundreds of years. Does that sound at all familiar as a story that might be here? I honestly thought it was Refiner's Fire.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your story immensely. Thank you, again.

Noble Korhedron posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2015 8:16am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Moving swiftly on to 'Time of Destiny'.

Jedi Master Albus posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd January 2013 3:53pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

I know this story was finished a while ago and you may or may not get reviews for it still but I figured I would anyway. I just wanted to say that I thought this story was really amazing and I'm definitely going to enjoy reading the others. I wish I had read this story as it was being done that way I could have done chapter by chapter reviews...

Ginny-Potter-123 posted a comment on Saturday 7th August 2010 9:35pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Great Story!!!I loved it! Definitely cleared up some confusion from readin the time of destiny first! I love you portrayal of the characters!!

Fresh posted a comment on Saturday 15th May 2010 2:17pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

What a read! I especially love your Ron, it's a wonderful portrayal of him.

clancy21 posted a comment on Saturday 9th May 2009 4:02am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Great read...This is my third time and I still marvel at how well the story keeps my attention.

Abraxan replied:

Wow, thanks!

Abraxan

Lisa7 posted a comment on Tuesday 17th March 2009 5:12pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

I started reading HPff a few years ago when one of my friends started sending me links. To this day, I have yet to read a fan fiction more compelling and true to character than The Refiner's Fire and The Time of Destiny. I read these wonderful stories before the last two JKRs came out, and I didn't bother picking them up until a few weeks after they were published because to me, The Refiner's Fire and The Time of Destiny are the true books six and seven. I have recommended your stories many times and have always received no uncertain measure of gratitude for doing so. Please, keep writing, and I'll keep reading.

~No power in the ‘verse can stop me…~ Lisa

Abraxan replied:

WOW!   Thanks so much!   I really appreciate that!  

If you like my fanfics, you might also like my original novels, the first of which is available on Amazon.com and other sites.   Go to Amazon or BN.com or your favorite online bookseller (or to a brick and mortar bookseller - they can look it up on their computer if it isn't in the store) and do a search on my name, Lynda Sappington.   My novel and my sculpting how-to book will both show up in the search results.   The novel, "Star Sons: Dawn of the Two" is a magical fantasy set in the present day.   It's gotten good reviews on Amazon and is selling around the world.   The second book in the trilogy should be out by the end of the year.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

LoneWolfe posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 12:18pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

What a brilliant and well-plotted story! I really enjoyed having the Refiner's Fire as an explanation for Harry's extraordinary powers. I also enjoyed the variety of battles and the fact that Harry can turn into more than one animal as an Animagus. The only thing that bothered me a little was the terms of endearments used. For some reason, I can't see Harry using the word "sweetie". Or, that could just be my own personal dislike of the term. Either way, it's a very minor thing in what is one of the best fics I've read in a while. Well done!

Abraxan replied:

You never know what a guy will do when he falls in love, LOL!   Especially a guy who, like Harry, grew up with no love in his life at all.   So I think it's very possible he would say "sweetie" or "sweetheart" or something like that, possibly following an example he's seen in real life or on TV or read in books - kids with unusual life experiences like Harry do that kind of thing - they take whatever they can find as the examples they'll follow while trying to build a normal life.

Glad you enjoyed the story!

Abraxan

Sond posted a comment on Wednesday 15th October 2008 8:51am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Allright after some busy times I finally finished it :)

Overall this was a great story, some stuff a bit to easy to expect if you're into fanfiction but definetly good enough to look forward to the sequel.

It's a bit late right now to start allready but I'll probably be reading the first chapter tomorrow.

Looking forward to give some comments about the sequel as well

Abraxan replied:

When I wrote these fics, I wasn't reading any fanfiction - I read canon and a few stories, then stopped reading to write my own because I hadn't found any stories that satisfied me.   Glad you liked it, but it isn't influenced by any fanfiction at all - just canon.   Glad you're looking forward to the sequel!

Abraxan

RockBiter posted a comment on Sunday 7th September 2008 8:18am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Ah, the end. I always hate that. Your buildup to it was wonderful, and I can't wait to read the next one.

All told, I think the only thing I wished was there and wasn't was a scene after the battle at Little Hangelton, telling what had happened to Voldemort. Maybe something showing his remaining death eaters dragging him back to the cave, or wherever it is bugs like them crawl off to hide. Other than that, it was a great story.

Thank you for sharing it.

Abraxan replied:

Since the story is mainly told from Harry's POV, it would be impossible to show that scene, just as it was impossible to show that same kind of thing in canon.  

I'm glad you enjoyed it!   You still have a lot of reading to do, so onward!   LOL!

Thanks for the reviews!

Abraxan

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Friday 15th August 2008 1:50am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home


This story was great... I can't wait to start the sequel.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 24th May 2008 3:47pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Outstanding chapter to an outstanding story.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Mandi Browning posted a comment on Wednesday 6th February 2008 9:12pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

this story was magnificent!!!!! i couldn't stop reading it. i carried my laptop around the house for two days, driving my husband crazy. i just wanted to tell you how much i enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one. i'll be recommending this story to everyone i know who reads fanfiction. thanks for sharing your amazing talent with the world!!!!

Abraxan replied:

Thank you so much!   I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and that you're recommending it to your friends!   Thanks for writing!

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but I have an original fantasy novel that's now available on Amazon.com.   Go there and search for "Lynda Sappington" and you'll see "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" - that's it.   It's available for pre-order now, in case you're interested!

Abraxan

BrinkL posted a comment on Monday 7th January 2008 12:07pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

fantastic story can't wait to get started on the sequel!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Friday 30th November 2007 5:47pm for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

An absolute treasure. Those a last few lines are some of my favourites from the whole story, and that's saying something, considering the overall quality of it.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you so much!   What a lovely thing to say!   I hope you will enjoy the rest of my stories as well - "The Time of Destiny" is the sequel to "Refiners" and there are several ficlets that fit into the time gap between the end of "Destiny" and its epilogue.   I'm also going to start uploading a new "gap fic" titled "Now and Forever" in a week or two, so watch for it!   And I have an original novel, "Star Sons: Dawn of the Two" that will be available on Amazon.com soon!  

Thanks again for your lovely review!

Abraxan

Marvin posted a comment on Monday 26th November 2007 4:18am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

THANKS!
Great story
*catchbreath*
Everything here was fine, I think you really outlined JKR with a "nearly super" Harry, and you can definitly compare yourself to every bit fanfic outside here.
Ohw, to be honest, JKR is a lot worse than you!
I would really like to write about what I liked and not liked, but, um, there's nothing ;-)
So, thanks, thanks, thanks!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!!   If you like my writing that well, you may be interested in my original novel, "Star Sons: Dawn of the Two" which will be published soon!   Watch for a new HP story, "Now and Forever" (which is set after the stuff in "Time of Destiny" and before the Epilogue - the timeline goes:   Destiny, A Fox's Tale, Beginnings, Now and Forever) to start uploading soon.   Ordering info for "Star Sons" will be included with each chapter of "Now and Forever" - and if you've signed up for alerts for my stories, you'll probably get an alert for "Star Sons," too.

Thanks for writing!   I always enjoy hearing from happy readers!

Abraxan

nycginny posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd August 2007 11:44am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

Hello there....your story is umm... absolutely awsome! Kept me wondering for 3 days... since I had to stop to go to work eat, bathe,answer natures call..but some times I took my laptop to the loo with me...sorry TMI! ;-P
I am going to read the sequel...If it is anythinh like the Refiner's fire...I will be enjoying myself!
you are a very god writer..excellent...fabulous...etc,etc,etc,
Thanks for writing such good stories!
Truly a fan of your written words,

Vilma

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   I've been known to carry my laptop to strange places too (mostly when writing, not reading, but I understand your situation!).   I'm so glad you enjoyed Refiners!   Time of Destiny is the sequel and it has an epilogue that takes place several years later.   Since I finished Destiny, I've been writing ficlets that fit into that gap in time:   A Fox's Tale, Beginnings, Hedwig's Tale, A Very Harry Christmas (I think that's all for now).   I'm nearly finished with another one, "Now and Forever" which also fits into that gap in the epilogue.   Now and Forever will also be used to let people know about the availability of my first original novel to be published, a fantasy called "Star Sons 1: Dawn of the Two" which will be on Amazon.com hopefully fairly soon (I just got the galleys to proofread today!!).   Thanks for your kind words about my writing - I hope you enjoy the rest of my stories and that you'll consider purchasing "Star Sons" when it becomes available!

Abraxan

Tyler_A posted a comment on Saturday 14th July 2007 4:33am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

I like it, but this is a lirrle cruel to Harry. You give him someone to make him better, he falls in love, and you kill her. He gets over that just a little too fast. Then there's the fact that they all seem childish in this story.

Abraxan replied:

I had my reasons for writing the Casey stuff the way I did.   He needed a "first girlfriend" and she was perfect for that.   She wouldn't necessarily have been a good "life partner," but she did help him get over his grief over Sirius and start getting on with his life.  

One of the things I'm portraying in these stories is the cost of war.   Casey's death was a random act of nastiness on Voldemort's part, not entirely random because he knew she was important to Harry, but still, she wasn't involved in the war so killing her just shows how cruel and heartless Voldie is.   And losing her threw Harry into the despair that eventually led to him going through the Refiner's Fire, which made him the wizard he needed to be to beat Voldemort.  

If you thought Harry got over Casey fast, you didn't read carefully enough.   He put his memories of her in the Pensieve, and too many at a time, which nearly killed   him (and caused the Refiner's Fire).   He CAN'T REMEMBER HER until he puts those memories back, so he didn't get over her quickly - he simply can't remember her.   And childish???   Out of the litererally thousands of reviews I've gotten for these stories on the various sites where they're hosted, that's a first.   So that means it's inaccurate, or someone else would've mentioned it too.   You're entitled to your opinion.   I'm entitled not to share it.

Abraxan

noylj posted a comment on Monday 21st May 2007 7:57am for Chapter 40 - The Way Home

So, does the Slytherin get into trouble for assault and attempted murder or is this just one of those "he was cursed back, so he has already been punished enough?"

Abraxan replied:

I have no idea.   Remus took care of it "off-camera."   Showing what happened to him wouldn't forward the plot, so I didn't bother to write it.

Abraxan