Content Harry Potter

Reviews

IdSayWhyNot posted a comment on Wednesday 28th April 2010 11:14pm for Chapter 02 - The Life and Times of Harry Potter

God, that was some awesome writing. I guess this isn't your first work but Refiner's Fire was. I mean, I read the first chapter and I had to stop. Maybe a re-write is in order?

These two chapters I've read, however, are great! Much, much better!

Good riddance, I say!

Cheers,

IdSayWhyNot

annemjw posted a comment on Saturday 26th January 2008 8:04pm for Chapter 02 - The Life and Times of Harry Potter

I wonder that your Brit-picker is teasing you! People who speak British English spell it Romania as well, Rumania is a very dated form.

Abraxan replied:

Nope, she was quite serious about it, even insistent.   She's a grown, mature woman, not a kid goofing around, so she had some reason for telling me to write it that way.

Abraxan

Miss_sigma posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 7:35am for Chapter 02 - The Life and Times of Harry Potter

hi, reading you authors note, I have to disagree with your brit-picker, I live in britain, and its ROmania, infact i have never seen it written as rumania, and also to take a strop is to take a tantrum, and a stroppy girl is like a spoiled bitch really... im not sure what area your brit-picker comes from, but it seems to have a different dialect to both surrey and scotland, i mean no offence, its just a little strange... i realise its a bit late to sneak in with a review, but i have only just found your site, and have only just about a half hour ago finished refiner's (excellent by the way) so sorry.

Abraxan replied:

Glad you enjoyed the story - and it's WAY too late to worry about whether my Brit-picker was right or not (she's from West Yorkshire, BTW) - these stories were published quite a long time ago now - I've had time to write two original novels and a bunch of ficlets that fit into Destiny's epilogue since finishing the two novels.

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 8:54pm for Chapter 02 - The Life and Times of Harry Potter

Outstanding.

gunny

Wooster posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd November 2005 9:14am for Chapter 02 - The Life and Times of Harry Potter

That was fantastic! Sooooo cool! Romania is spelled that way in Britain? Really? Huh...I wonder why it isn't in my books? (I own two copies of each, British and American (as well as the first in French), simply b/c I find it interesting...and because the British used to be released before the American and I couldn't wait...) Your story is simply great and I think your interpretation of Petunia is very believable. I always wished we'd learn a little more about the Dursleys...

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 12th November 2005 9:00am for Chapter 02 - The Life and Times of Harry Potter

A nice explanation of thr treatment Harry received at the hands of the Dursleys, and one I'd not heard before. Maybe Molly's actions will due some good, but I;m not holding out any hope for it,