Content Harry Potter

Reviews

lwj2 posted a comment on Tuesday 20th March 2012 8:02am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

This is great.

Neville's grandfather as a toad, cool. It will be interesting to see what you've done with what purports to be a very angry Augusta.

Thanks for writing and sharing this.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 27th May 2008 12:56pm for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

Outstanding chapter. Very good humor.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   This was a fun chapter to write!

Abraxan

bgoldnyxnet posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 8:01am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

Wow! Two funny incidents in one chapter! First Ron & Hermione as baboons, nearly getting it on, then Trevor turns out to be Neville grandfather.

This was so funny!

Abraxan replied:

Glad you enjoyed it!   This chapter led to my Yahoo group calling any romantic scene "Baboonery(c)" LOL!   They always ask if there's going to be any "Baboonery(c)" in each new story I upload, heehee

Abraxan

Aberbadger posted a comment on Thursday 14th June 2007 10:32am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

I'm not sure, but I think "abeo" is litteraly I change. I think the thing about the spells is should it be in the first, second or third person? Singular or plural? Imperative?
I think the simplest thing to do would be to find yourself a cheap book on latin grammar!

Abraxan replied:

And I think you should just enjoy the story and stop worrying about whether or not I'm any good at Latin.   The story is complete and will not be revised.  

Abraxan

Jiapa posted a comment on Monday 16th April 2007 3:20am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

I just finished reading Refiner's Fire, and now I'm partway through Time of Destiny and I'm loving it.

You're a wonderful writer and a joy to read. I do have one nit to pick that jumped out at me when I was reading this chapter, and one question that will probably get answered as I read on...

The nit: You mentioned that Harry and Ron were sitting on Ron's bed waiting for Neville to wake up. I thought that Ron was Head Boy and had his own bed in a separate room this year. Perhaps Harry and Ron were sitting on Harry's bed?

The question: You have no Slytherins coming to the DA meetings, and no attempts from any of the characters to develop connections with any of the Slytherins, other than Harry and Ron trying to unscare some Slytherin first years. Do you perceive everyone in Slytherin as unredeemable simply by virtue of being in Slytherin, or will there be some communication opened with that house before the end of the novel? It just seems sad that innocent 11 year olds can't learn with the rest of the DA first years just because they were sorted into Slytherin. I s'pose I'll find out by the end.

Thank you very much for writing these wonderful novels!

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you're enjoying my stories!

Yes, Ron has a Head Boy suite, but he was lonely up there and moved back into the dorm with Harry and the others.   He uses the Head Boy suite as a study place for him and his friends (I do say all this somewhere, although I can't recall where - it's been over a year since I finished uploading Destiny and I've been busy writing original novels and HP ficlet since then).

As for the Slytherins - JKR didn't show a single Slytherin who could be considered an "innocent" of whatever age.   I base my stories on the world she created.   She didn't have any Slytherins in the D.A., and I see no reason to change what she started, since my goal with these stories was to continue Harry's story as I thought JKR might do (and I'm very pleased with how "right" my guesses were.   When HBP came out, I found a LOT of things in there that I'd already written--  my guesses were based on things JKR had written in previous books).  

All that said - Harry does want the houses to get along, and he does offer the Slytherins an opportunity to get involved with the other houses, but through Quidditch, not the DA.   You'll have to keep reading to find out what happens.

Abraxan

Darkness posted a comment on Thursday 17th August 2006 6:11am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

Cool idea with the Rupert/Trevor thing. Though the thought of my granpa living with me for 7 years as my pet kinda creeps me out!

I really liked the part Harry where discusses his career plans with Remus. I mean, it would seem logical for him to want a life outside fighting Dark wizards after the whole Voldie stuff ends.

PS: I hope posting this review is ok now that the story is already over :)

Abraxan replied:

Reviews are the only way I get paid for these stories, so they're ALWAYS welcome!   I'm glad you liked the Rupert/Trevor idea, and Harry talking about his future with Remus.   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Crys posted a comment on Monday 3rd April 2006 4:14am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

That baboon scene was fun.

Trevor is Rupert . . . *snicker*

Abraxan replied:

Glad you liked the baboon scene, Crys!   It's so popular among my Yahoo readers that one of them coined the term "Baboonery(C)" (that's how he writes it) and they always ask if there's "blood or baboonery" in any given chapter or ficlet ("blood" meaning action, "Baboonery" meaning - well, you can figure that out!   LOL!)

And I chose "Rupert" for Mr. Longbottom's name not to say anything about Rupert Grint or Rupert Everett - it's just such a quintessential Brit name, it seemed right.   And this way, Rupert got a mention in my fics, as have Dan and Emma, LOL!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Friday 3rd March 2006 12:38pm for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

That was a spiffy idea about Grandad the frog.

I'm enjoying your story a great deal, but I don't know what to say anymore.

Abraxan replied:

THanks a lot!

Abraxan

Sonicdale posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 8:16am for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

Nice bit with Neville and his grandad.
I lost both my dad's parents last Christmas, so I can understand Harry's wistful wishing for family. Poignant, that.

Loved the baboon stuff. Glad you didn't go into baboon sex, that would have been squicky. And loved the reaction - She was hot?!?

heh.

Good work. Love the little pearls you keep dropping on us. Keep it up!

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 13th December 2005 5:33pm for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

That was brilliant! Nice stuff and what a twist. Nice writing.

gunny

Wooster posted a comment on Friday 25th November 2005 3:34pm for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

That is the single most brilliant thing I've ever heard. Way to incorporate a miniscule quirk of the books into an interesting and completely believable idea. *squeals* soneatsoneatsoNEAT! Ok, enough gushing. *swicket!* ok, except that.

oh, sorry. "Swicket" is a made-up word of one of my best friends specifically for (but not limited to) Harry Potter use. It's 'sweet' and 'wicked' morphed together.

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 12th November 2005 11:24pm for Chapter 13 - Transfigurations

Cute sub-plot about Neville's grandfather. Looking forward to the upcoming confrontation. :-)