Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Darkness posted a comment on Saturday 19th August 2006 5:34am for Chapter 15 - Racing the Moon

Neville's grandpa flirting with Hermione! LOL! So he still loves her and apparently, it seems she still loves him as well. It was nice of the Longbottoms to settle their issues, though I did find the mental picture of their "making up" a bit disturbing.

I really feel for Ginny. Harry falls ill or injured so many times, Ginny should have permanent tear tracks and eye shadows on her face for all the sorrow and grief she goes through almost constantly. Yet she remains her passionate and lively self. She's made of real strong stuff.

Why is Harry having problems casting his Patronus wandless? I mean, is it harder than the Killing Curse since it is based on good memories? If not, then I remember Harry effectively casting the Killing Curse wandless in the battle in France so shouldn't he be able to do this as well? Or is it because he isn't in any life/death situations? I think I might have missed something...

Abraxan replied:

Yikes, it's been so long since I've read this (and longer since I wrote it) that I don't remember why Harry was having trouble (or even that he WAS having trouble!).   If you re-read the chapter, there should be clues there.   Maybe he was distracted or something.   I just don't remember.   Sorry.   It's been months and months since I finished uploding it, and even longer since I wrote this chapter.   And since then I've written five ficlets or so and a complete original novel - there's only so much my poor brain can retain about such details!   ;-)

Hey, we old people enjoy a good smooch as much as you young'uns!   The Longbottoms making up was sweet and awkward, IMO, because they've been apart for a LONG time and it will take some time to heal all the wounds there.   But they're off to a good start!   And I'm in my late fifties and was just snogging with my hubby of 35 years at an outdoor concert ("America" was playing) last night!   We may be old, but we're not dead yet!!   LOL!

Yup, Ginny's made of strong stuff.   I like her a lot.   She's a great character.  

Glad you're enjoying the fic!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Friday 3rd March 2006 2:21pm for Chapter 15 - Racing the Moon

"He squeezed the squirt top twice, dispensing two large sprays of some green liquid into Harry’s throat."

I was in a strange school in the 60s. I swear the nurse on had one remedy that she used for every thing. She'd spray about 10 squirts of that green stuff down us, and then follow it with a shot glass of honey. It worked to a degree. No one would come in with anything less than plague, and none of those sissy plagues. We were men, well man light!

I am so enthralled with your long chapters. I read to escape and you allow me to do it Each one covers so many new plots and idea.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! Your nurse story is a hoot! She gave you ten sqirts of green stuff -- sounds like Chloroseptic to me. GREAT stuff, if pretty darned yucky, but it does make your throat stop hurting! "Man light" huh? LOL! Glad you're enjoying my story!

Abraxan

Sonicdale posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 5:25pm for Chapter 15 - Racing the Moon

I knew it! Harry couldn't stay out of the hospital wing. Heh.

As for the animal, was that purposely indistinct? I got the impression you were being either coy or just undefined. I'm not sure if you're being sneaky, or just having fun. :) I hope it's a mixture of both.

I love the idea of a flying squad. I've seen it other places. I'm working on one myself - mainly focusing on air-to-air dogfighting. :)

Was glad to see SOME resolution with Neville's grandparents. Ick on old people snogging. :) and I know of a couple of old guys that flirt so bad it makes your hair hurt. heh.

Good work.

Wooster posted a comment on Friday 25th November 2005 5:02pm for Chapter 15 - Racing the Moon

whoa. y'know, I get as much a kick out of reading your authors notes as i do reading the stories. As an aspiring doctor and an avid (if not professionally trained) singer the throat thing is VERY cool to me, as is the chemical stuff. The chapter was great, thrilling, intriguing, sweet, and with the sugar battle at the end (which, by the way, i'm thinking of reproducing with my balcony and the punks in my neighborhood...) funny. Yay!

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 12:40am for Chapter 15 - Racing the Moon

I am famiar with both the effects on Chloseptic spray on a singing voice and about the frogs the exude a halucinogin from their skin. In fact, during the time of big LSD usage, licking those frogs was practiced by a number of people, much to their detriment. (And NO, I was not one of them.) I'm glad Harry, Ron and Remus are OK.