Content Harry Potter

Reviews

SassyFrass posted a comment on Monday 29th August 2011 2:16pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

So I was rereading this great story again for the hundredth time, and I noticed something that I believe is a continuity issue. McGonagall talks about Pettigrew being an animagus alive and well, working for Voldemort. Except didn't Harry kill Pettigrew at the battle in France in 'Refiner's Fire?'
Anyway, still love the story.

jdworlow posted a comment on Thursday 13th August 2009 7:03pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

A plot hole I just saw, and yes, I know you're finished with this story, but... it's worth pointing out.

Peter Pettigrew is DEAD. Harry killed him at the battle in France to protect Remus.

Outside of this, love the story. Re-reading it, and only now noticed that snafoo.

Abraxan replied:

Yup, you're right.   That was a continuity error that I and all of my betas just missed.   That's one of about four real mistakes in the story. Glad you're enjoying my stories!

Abraxan

Fic Chick posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2009 11:01am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Didn't HP kill PP in the battle in France? So why did MM say he's still alive?

Abraxan replied:

That was one of the four or five actual errors in the fic.   I don't feel too bad about it - with professional editors, JKR had a lot of errors in her fics too ("ancestor" when she meant to say "descendent" for instance, and having James and Lily come out of Voldie's wand in reverse order).   Well spotted!   Yes, I did kill Pettigrew off earlier.   I just forgot about it.

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Monday 18th August 2008 4:11am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Didn't Harry kill Pettigrew in France? Perhaps Minerva didn't know? I am revisiting your stories and I continue to enjoy them a great deal. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

You're right!   That's one of about 4 genuine mistakes in RF and ToD combined.   The story got so big, I forgot that little detail and none of my betas caught it either.   Oh well!   I don't change stories once they're posted, so that's gonna stay like that forever . . .

Abraxan

Regina Noctis posted a comment on Tuesday 10th June 2008 2:33am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Question: Was Wormtail already killed by Harry in the French battle of TRF? If so, why is McGonagall still advertising his arrest?

Thanks! :-) Regina

Abraxan replied:

That's one of the three or four genuine mistakes I made in way over a million words of novel between RF and ToD - Wormtail WAS killed in TRF - I just forgot when I was writing in this section.

Abraxan

k13cat posted a comment on Saturday 3rd November 2007 3:21pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

I'm confused - why does Minerva talk as if Peter Pettigrew is alive at the big animagus meeting? Harry killed Pettigrew 'wormtail' to save Remus in the battle on the mountaintop in France. Was that kept secret or something?

Abraxan replied:

Because I forgot I killed him off and once something's published, I don't go back and revise it.   There are four "real" mistakes in my novels that I'm aware of - this is one of them.   JKR made a lot more than that, and my novels total more pages than all of her books together, so one of my readers told me, so I figure I'm allowed a mistake here or there since I didn't have professional editors looking over my work like she does.

Abraxan

Robin Westerly posted a comment on Thursday 29th March 2007 7:26pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

I iobject! Fulham is in London! Just not in the centre.
Grin!
You know from the million and one times I've reviewed these stories that I adore and worship them and I couldn't resist the chance to say thank you again.
so ... Thank you!

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   I know it's on the outskirts of London (sort of).   I didn't think it was considered "London" since it has its own name (I thought it was a town in its own right).   Ah well, I never said I was perfect!!

I'm glad you're still enjoying my stories!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

the-marauders-girl posted a comment on Saturday 20th January 2007 4:50pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Wow...again. I just couldn't stop reading once I finished Refiner's Fire, and here I am, Chapter 16 a day later. The story's great again, just as Refiner's Fire was.
At the beginning of the chapter, during Harry's presentation, McGonagall says that Peter Pettigrew was alive...but didn't Harry kill him in the Battle in France? Also, wasn't it mentioned in Refiner's Fire that Remus is the only Marauder still living? I'm not quite sure, but if my memory serves me correctly (As it usually does), then there should be no need for students to look out for a rat with Wormtail's description...
But, other than that, congrats on another success, and good luck with the rest of your writing adventures.

Abraxan replied:

That was one of I believe four real mistakes I made in both novels - not too bad overall, really.   Yes, I killed off Pettigrew in RF, but forgot it in ToD and my betas didn't catch it either.   Oh well.   At some point, I suppose I should revise that chapter, but I'm busy writing original novels now and don't have time to revise fanfics that are already published.   JKR has serious mistakes in her novels too ("ancestors" instead of "descendents" in one place, and having James and Lily come out of Voldie's wand in the wrong order are two that immediately leap to   mind).   When you're writing stories of such length and complexity (and my two novels, totalling over a million words,  are as long as probably 4 of her books), it's easy to miss a detail here and there.

Glad you're enjoying the story!

Abraxan

Prongsie posted a comment on Tuesday 12th December 2006 11:32pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Hi! I really love your stories, and I've been rereading it for the 3rd time I think :-). I was just wondering: in this chapter McGonagall says that Pettigrew is still alive, but I thought he was killed by Harry during the battle in France?
Anyway, keep up the good work!

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, that's one of four real errors I made in Refiners and Time of Destiny - not bad considering JKR has made quite a few errors in her books and she gets PAID to write them!!   LOL!   Glad you're enjoying the stories!   Be sure to check out my ficlets:   "Hedwig's Tale" was just uploaded today!

Abraxan

UdderPD posted a comment on Tuesday 25th April 2006 7:18pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Firstly I love the story.

When I am enjoying somthing I try not to pick but saying that Fulham is near London is rather like saying that Manhattan is near New York.

TTFN UdderPD

Abraxan replied:

Since I'm not FROM there, I don't know how locals refer to it except for sources I found that saied it was "near" London (Dan Radcliffe is from Fulham, and I believe I read a quote of his saying it was "near London" -- other sources I checked used the same terminology).   I've never BEEN to London, although I'll be changing that statement after next week (YAY!) since I'm going to England for the first time ever and staying in London for 8 days!   Fulham isn't on our travel itinerary, but perhaps I'll have a better idea of it once I've been there.   If that's your only quibble with my story, it isn't a big deal.   And people who live on Manhattan say that - they don't say they live in New York - so perhaps they're doing the same thing as Dan was, keeping that "separation" between the two entities.   People from Queens and Brooklyn certainly do that.   I'm originally from the Washington DC area - lived ten miles from DC, and that area is now swallowed up in the DC metroplex - but those of us born there will still say we're from Virginia (or Maryland, if that's the case), not DC, so I can understand Dan's saying he's from Fulham rather than from London.

Abraxan, whose going to see London next week!

yerocfponk posted a comment on Tuesday 21st March 2006 7:09pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Love the Story just noticed second time through noticed that Peter Pettigrew Is spoken of like he's still alive while McGonagall talks at the Animagus lecture, while I thought Harry killed him awhile ago.

Abraxan replied:

It's possible that, in writing 950,000 words of story in two years time, I might make a mistake.   I think there are three that I know of - this is one of them.   I don't revise things once they're online.   JKR has mistakes in her published work and she gets paid a FORTUNE for them, AND has professional editors looking over her shoulder, so there's no real excuse for the errors that occur in her work.   I have none of those privileges, yet there are only (as far as I can recall) three or four errors in both of my fics combined.   That's not bad at all.   Harry did kill Pettigrew in the battle  where Pettigrew was about to use his silver hand on Remus.

Abraxan, not perfect, but pretty darned close. . .LOL!

Rocky235 posted a comment on Saturday 4th March 2006 8:43am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Each chapter is a complete story on its own. At least they seem that long. I love it!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

SammyWrae posted a comment on Sunday 15th January 2006 11:05am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

I don't post reviews much, cause mostly I don't have a lot to say other than "wow", but would this be a good place to mention that Wormtail was (apparently) killed in France in your previous story?

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 19th December 2005 8:39pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Cool fic, I do love the experience. Thanks a lot for the explanation re: the names, but I honestly thought you named Neville's granddad Rupert as that is a real name that's pretty close to Trevor spelled backwards (which would be Rovert)... Shows how easy it is to guess the mind of an author I guess. ;-)
You're definitely tightening the rope here, now Ron has realized, really realized, that he's a target too. Well done, all of it - though I feel a bit sad that three of Harry's animagus forms have become public knowledge.

Thanks for sharing!

Berte

Wooster posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 8:26am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Love your method of naming characters. I think that "Toads in the Loo" sounds like a punk rock band comme the Ramones. great chappie. oh, and you wanted to know what I meant by a miniscule quirk earlier? that was referring to trevor's disappearances throughout the books.

Valerie posted a comment on Friday 25th November 2005 7:06pm for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Well RUPERT GRINT did play ron in the movies so...yeah

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 2:19am for Chapter 16 - A Variety of Lessons

Nice 'mentions' there of your friends, your readers/fellow authors, and HP Actors. Personally, I dont write much (One short BtVS story under another pseudonym and one poem under my real name, so I haven't written anything long enough to require a large cast of OCs. grin

Nice story though. BTW, if you haven't noticed from the feedback, I'm reading this pretty much straight through; thats how interested I am in the story and finally, yes, I still miss Chase.