Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Arabienne posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd July 2008 7:24am for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

I was going to wait until I finished the whole series to leave a review... but I just couldn't wait that long. While most of your fic is your average extremely well-written alternative Harry Potter book (not, of course that this is a bad thing, since most HP fics these days are tripe), your characterization of Minerva McGonagall has me absolutely leaping out of my seat with joy. It is SO wonderful to see a fic that isn't Minerva-centric portray her as a human being with a heart and a kind and gentle spirit - as I believe she does. Minerva is, for various reasons, my absolute all-time favorite HP character, and I'm falling more than a little in love with her the way you've written her here. Even though Harry has been pulled out of classes, I do hope to see much more of her in future chapters - I'm aware the story is finished, but I have not yet, and I wanted to commend you on a job well done.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much!   I made a real effort to make as many characters as possible well-rounded and sympathetic and to show reasons for their various behaviors - IOW, to make them BREATHE and be REAL!   I'm so glad Minerva has come to life for you!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Friday 14th September 2007 2:11am for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

I guess the whole calling Ginny 'baby' thing is starting to grate on my nerves....yes I know just now it is...but what an annoying pet name...ugh

Thanks for writing,
Matt

Abraxan replied:

So what do you call YOUR girlfriend?   Most people in serious relationships develop pet names for each other.   My hubby and I call each other "boo" for reasons you don't need to know.   My father, a WWII   veteran, called my mother "the War Department" (and no, they never fought - he was just being funny).   A good friend of mine is called "Buttercup" by her boyfriend and she calls him "Wesley" (both names from "The Princess Bride").   Would you rather Harry call her "boo" or "Buttercup"???   No, I didn't think so.   When I asked him, Harry said he liked calling her "baby" because she's petite and in my fics, Harry's tall.   So "baby" is better than "tiny one," right?   When you get in a committed relationship, you may find yourself calling your girlfriend something silly too.   I personally get annoyed by Molly calling everyone "dear" but "dear" isn't a term of affection I grew up with, so that's probably why it annoys me.   To each his or her own.   My Harry likes calling Ginny "baby" and that isn't going to change.

Abraxan

Sonicdale posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 6:32pm for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

Funk.
I like the music, not the attitude.
Hope Harry pulls out of it soon.
Good work.

Wooster posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 5:23pm for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

oh how terrible. poor muggle children, and poor harry. i like this set up though with Dumbledore. THIS is what needed to happen in HBP. I loved the book, don't get me wrong. I loved our ships FINALLY coming to something. But to tell the truth I think J.K. just looked around, thought 'hell, i could do whatever i wanted to this and people would still love it' and decided to be as silly with it as possible and i'm ranting again.

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 6:09am for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

Harry's got the weight of the world, wizard and muggle, on his teenage shoulders and you describe his reactions to what he sees Voldemort doing quite well. In fact, I find the scene you described more disturbing than the one you warned your readers about. I hope the Voldemort arse-kicking contest starts soon.

patrik svensson posted a comment on Saturday 12th November 2005 11:20am for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

grejt story,
keep upp the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

Joshua posted a comment on Friday 11th November 2005 3:05pm for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

Damn i love this storie i need MORE MORE I SAY!!!

Cant wait till you update!

linda posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 1:39pm for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

^^

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 6:51pm for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

Tom's been *harvesting* greed-eyed kids (both wizard and Muggle), but while Harry is initially depressed, he's beginning to get ROYALLY PISSED OFF! Does Tom want to deal with a pissed off Harry?

Hagrid posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 10:08am for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

Well its about time the old man realized there might not be much time left. Makes you wonder what he's been playin' at all these years.

The Silent Legend posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 6:00am for Chapter 20 - Changes in the Wind

This is an excellent fic, as was the one prior to it, yet, one small thing is a bit irritating....the extreme overuse of 'baby' when H/G are talking to each other....it's not bad occasionally, but the constant use is a bit overdone, I believe.