Content Harry Potter

Reviews

ghostchicken posted a comment on Sunday 8th February 2009 6:09pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

A season of joy for our heroes! They've earned a little happiness--but this is just a calm before a very ugly storm, isn't it?

It's interesting that they've signed with a team that appears to be made up of all Gryffindors. They don't know they've signed the heir, though, do they?

Speaking of the Heir of Gryffindor: I love the Chamber of Knowledge. The portraits are interesting. Father and son forever 17 hanging on that wall...like the brothers neither of them had. (sniff)

Well done.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty poignant that Harry and James' portraits are together and forever 17 - like brothers, as you said.   Glad you like the Chamber!   I thought if Slytherin had one, why not Gryffindor???   And no, the team doesn't know they've signed the Heir - they just think they've signed a very talented Seeker!   And them all being Gryffindors is actually coincidence, but perhaps it's also an unconscious choice on the part of those in charge.   We'll never know!

Abraxan

Victor1 posted a comment on Thursday 9th March 2006 2:58pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

wow this was a very cheerful chapter!

sorry i haven't reviewed in a while, i've just been reading up a storm!

and now im very sorry to say that i'm almost finished!

noooooo!

i do have a quick question though, when harry's glasses were smashed by the boys who tried to drown him, how did they get fixed? were they only mildly damaged?

thanks for the great work!

i can't wait to finish! well... actually i'd rather not, but you get the idea haha

Abraxan replied:

They weren't smashed - they're unbreakable, thanks to spells put on them by Mr. Verre, who made them. They came off when Harry was being beaten.

Glad you're enjoying the story! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

The Resident posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd January 2006 12:29pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Good chapter. Knowing you though, I am sure there's a downside that hasn't shown up yet. You like angst and there was very little of it in this chapter. Gives me that quezy feeling that something's coming. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next chapter and see how it all works out. Keep up the good work.

kittykatluver posted a comment on Monday 2nd January 2006 9:54am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

I love it! Please update soon!

Puck1 posted a comment on Sunday 1st January 2006 11:18am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Wow. Pretty cool. Too bad you couldn't do pictures and post them with the chapters they correspond with, or can you, because that would be nice.

Hannah2 posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2005 9:34pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Hey, I've never commented before, but I found out about your fics the day that chapter 26 was put up and I was hooked. I read the Refiners Fire than moved onto Destiny and now that I'm - sadly - at the current 'end' of the story, I decided that it was high time I let you know just how much a love your stories. Okay, I'm most likely about to sound very stalker!fangirl, but bare with me. I am quite fanatic about reading and HP both and I'm always printing out fics I like and reading them everywhere I go. But - honest to Godric - your fic(s) are two/ is one of the VERY BEST I have EVER read! I could go on forever about everything I like about it but that'd be one loooong review! *laughs* So just assume that I love everything about them and that'll be right. You're one of my top two favourite ficauthors, mate, really.

Sign me up for a Lions Jersey, baby! That'd be so cool! I can just picture me strutting around my school waiting for someone to ask what my shirt meant so I could launch into a long ramble about Refiners and Destiny. Haha. That would bode very well with the other students. *whispers* They're all in major HP denial. Poor fools. The Lions sound absolutely brilliant! I'm so happy both Ron and Harry signed with them!

It's almost 2:30 am here so I should hit the ol' hey mound. I love my hey mound. But I'll be counting down the days until Wednesday.

TA!
-Hannah

zephyr_goddess posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2005 7:50pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Oh!! I love this chapter! I knew that they were going to choose the Lions, since you specifically specified the London Lions. But still there was a wait and I nervous feeling of what they were going to choose! And I agree with you, to write a novel fr "real" publication!

P.S. I changed my name- it was Samantha

patrik svensson posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2005 11:46am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Merry holidays.

Great story,
keep up the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

jessiepp posted a comment on Friday 30th December 2005 12:40pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

hey nice story keep it up.

ecocd posted a comment on Friday 30th December 2005 1:25am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

This chapter was a blast. Of course, this chapter has "the other shoe drops" written all over it. It's a bit sad, though, that by now Harry and his extended family can move on so shortly after yet another near-death experience without so much as batting an eyelash.

Tildessmoo posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 6:09am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, just reached what is thus far the end. I can wait for the next chapter. Really. Waiting. Is it here yet? No? Okay, I'll just wait some more... You might notice I have some patience issues. I'll work on them, and maybe by the time I'm done there'll be another chapter to read. Pretty please? Un s'il vous plait jolie avec du sucre et une tonne des cerises sur le dessus?
Seriously, I love it! Still feeling a little uncomfortable with Harry calling Ginny "baby," but I do see your point that he would use some kind of nickname. Perhaps he picked it up from her; Ginny I can see calling her boyfriend baby just fine.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 6:09am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Another Great chaper, It was a fun chapter to read. Sometimes it nice to read a chapter thats not all death and distruction. Both Ron and Harry are thinking about there future not Moldywort. I know the final battle is comming soon, and Harry kicking his Ass. I cant wait for your next chapter.

You are one of my favorite writer's.
Keep it up
MPF

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 1:17am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

I have a Sneaking Suspiscion about the London Lions (I know; you said you made them up); could it be that Harry (or someone that knows Harry) is the true owner of the team? (The Weasley twins. Remus Lupin. Odd Lovegood. Dumbledore.) Why would I think that?

1. It's a new team; founded this year.
2. It's in London proper, which *just happens* to be where Harry is moving to after graduation.
3. The team name smacks of Harry's House; heck, it just plain reeks of *Harry* (he IS the Heir of Gryffindor). If it weren't improbable going on impossible, I would think Harry owns the team himself.
4. They didn't even REMOTELY quibble about Harry and Ron going into careers in wizarding law enforcement. (Not exactly the usual attitude for a pro sports franchise.)

Jimbocous posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 6:14pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Hi. Another nice chapter. I do have to wonder if the offer is on the up and up. Sign me up for a Jersy!

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 5:03pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Very fun chapter! Relaxing for both boys, who definitely deserve a break right about now!!!

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 3:49pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

HMMM...It seems that the other foot is going to drop soon?

Is something up with the London Lions?

Louis IX posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 3:38pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

As the title indicated, that was one full of Quidditch! In a fun way, too.

Now, for what I said in my previous review: like you, I stuck to the one-chapter-a-week schedule, but the holidays arrived and disrupted all that. I'm not telling you to read my story to find out why. No, I'm not. Finish this first ;-)

EricThorsen posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 1:05pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

London Lions eh? I don't know why, possibly just my suspicious mind, but I was always expecting the recruting team to try to kill them. Their offer and the benefits were just so good, I was always wondering when they would turn on them. I was even expecting the brooms to kill them. Good suspense, but I wonder if that was the feel you wanted... keep up the good work.

James Benfield posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 12:16pm for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Great chapter! I love how you did the Lions. You made them seem like a real team, rather than corny and all falling over themselves like most authors do.Keep up the good work!

James

Hagrid posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 10:41am for Chapter 27 - Quidditch, Anyone?

Well, glad ter see yer got the required moanin' about bein' famous outta the way early. A Great Chapter. Nice and refreshin' makes me wonder what yer've got up yer sleeve fer us next. Too much easy livin' seems ter drive yer writers a bit 'round the twist! Hope yer holidays were happy! Send me an owl if yer need me.