Content Harry Potter

Reviews

StevenCrawford posted a comment on Friday 9th October 2009 12:13am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

alright i have to say it, this story was good but you killed it. having him in the hospital every chapter is redundent as hell and annoying to boot. Are you really that stuck on how to write a story you have to keep using the same arc? its stupid and i cant read anymore of this and thats really a shame. it was a good story until this chapter. Its become to repeating. having someone in the hospital works when theres a war. once that war is over, and you keep putting them in the hospital. you fuck up.

ghostchicken posted a comment on Monday 9th February 2009 9:03am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

I'd never heard of snake-stones, but hey--ya learn something new every day.

Lead Lung Curse. Ew. Very imaginative as was Hermione's gills in the water tank thing.

Zabini got what Zabini deserved.

Rita's got some cahones, doesn't she? Oh well, she'll pay now. I hate that cow!

Abraxan replied:

Rita is GREAT fun to write because she's so deliciously evil!   And yeah, she has brass cahones at the very least!!   Glad you liked the Lead Lung Curse and Hermione's gill thing and that you thought Zabini got waht was coming to him!

Glad you found this site so you can read without problems!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Hannah3 posted a comment on Sunday 17th February 2008 2:04pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

I think it would have been quite funny if Harry had said, "...much less shut the damn snake up..." instead of "...much less shut up that snake..." especially with Snape right there next to him. I just imagined that scenario in my head, laughed out loud, and got funny looks from my parents.

Abraxan replied:

Yup, it would've been funny your way!   Glad you're enjoying the story!

Abraxan

Steven Crawford posted a comment on Wednesday 25th July 2007 7:03am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

ok ok. I like this story, i really do. But you have him getting hurt way to much. Its really annoying and its making the story worse than if you didnt. You also use the word silly too much. Im aware thats a stupid thing to talk about but its true. You have a habit of repeating the same things numerous times until they annoy the reader. such as the silly thing, and "his heart in his eyes" ok that was good the first 5 times, but not the last two million

Abraxan replied:

War is hell, what can I say?   People get hurt in war.   People die.   Harry's the focus of a lot of people's wands and him NOT getting hurt is unrealistic.   These were my first fanfics and my first actual novels, so they're bound to have errors in them.   Apparently you liked them well enough to keep reading, though.   Thanks for the comments - and for the record, I use "silly" and those other phrases a lot less now.   You try writing over a million words (that's what my fics total, according to my readers) without repeating a word or phrase very often!   It's HARD!

Abraxan

Darkness posted a comment on Monday 21st August 2006 3:08am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Good lord, Harry really is thick-headed. The healers and the good people say no magic, but does he listen, no! He goes about doing it anyway and puts himself back in the hospital. Personally, I think he's subconciously fallen in love with hospitals. Ginny will be heart-broken.

Seriously though, Harry really has a big heart: wanting to help Snape even after all the horrible treatment he's received in Potions class. Its one of the things I like about this fic.

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   "Hard-headed" is Harry's "other" middle name!   heehee.   And yes, he's big-hearted, bless him, so what else could he do???   He couldn't do nothing - it just isn't in his nature.   Hermione has commented in canon on his "saving people thing" - and she's right.   He's a born hero.   And isn't that one of the reasons we love him so?  

Thanks for writing!   I'm glad you're enjoying my stories!

Abraxan

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 8th April 2006 12:27pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Rita's a beetle animagus . . . Why didn't she change to escape? Or why didn't Harry warn Bones about it? It is, after all, an obvious way to escape custody.

Abraxan replied:

Because part of her punishment by the Ministry was for her to have a permanent anti-Animagus Transfiguration charm put on her - she can never transfigure again.   Molly said this somewhere in the fic when she told Ginny and Harry (I think - can't remember for sure) what had happened to Rita (who also served time in Azkaban).

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 5:12am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

You can't, at least shouldn't, do anything else bad to Harry. Ginny should tell him to stay home and take care of the children. Then pop a few out.

Abraxan replied:

Hey, she still has a year of school to go before she can pop out any babies, and sensible people (IMO) wait a few years to start popping out babies because once they're HERE, the couple is NEVER alone again. So to build a good marriage they need 3-5 years of "just us" before babies enter the picture. So no baby "popping" for a while for Harry and Ginny! ;->

Abraxan

Sonicdale posted a comment on Monday 20th February 2006 4:00pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Loved the bit with the snake stone. Saw a couple in Silver Dollar City when I was there a few years ago.

Harry's Saving Thing. Sounds like either a naughty name for a romance novel or some strange WWW sweet. :)

Good work.
Can't wait for the rest.

Abraxan replied:

You saw some?? Cool! "Harry's Saving Thing" as a romance title or a WWW sweet - too funny! Thanks for writing! Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 6:30am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Oh god. Wonder what it means when "’s nobschub gt" makes perfect sense? Is there going to be a time where Harry is NOT in the hospital? Sheesh. (teehee) I REALLY liked Ron's string of curses...especially "Bloody damned freakin’ hell!" That one had me laughing hysterically. Anyways, now Snape is free and Harry's (hopefully) officially free of non-Quidditch related hospital trips. Oy.

Abraxan replied:

I answered this once, but I guess this post will "erase" the previous one, which is okay because I read it too fast before (I'm racing to catch up with my literally HUNDREDS of emails since I went on vacation - yikes!).

What it means when that makes perfect sense is that you know someone who talks with his mouth full and have learned to translate! Or that I wrote it well, perhaps! LOL! (for those who don't understand it, it reads "He's not such a git"). Glad you liked Ron's reaction and his string of curses. That was the perfect reaction for him right there, wasn't it? And he had good reason to be angry, too! Glad you liked the chapter!

Abraxan

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 10:53pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Wow, you did not let Harry get a break even after he killed Voldy. I glad I finally got the chance to get to an internet site to get caught up with the story. It was hard to get to one here in Iraq, where I am at for the next 6 months. But now I have a current internet access, I can't wait for you next update. I hope you let Harry have a break from being attacked for awhile.

I love your writing
MPF

Abraxan replied:

You're in Iraq now?? I thought you were here! BLESS YOU for what you're doing for us, and I mean that most sincerely!!! I have the utmost respect and gratitude for our troops! If you have trouble getting online, e me when you can. I have a Commander (USNR) who is sending chapters to two sailors who are deployed right now. We'll add you to the list if you need that kind of thing.

Thanks so much for the nice review, and for all the nice reviews you've sent me! STAY SAFE over there, and God bless you!!!

Abraxan, who supports our troops!!

Taloruyas posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 11:41am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Professor Tofty sighed sadly, wondering why the good ones always had to suffer so.



Because Abraxan is mean!

*grins* One of the cruelest, yet one of the best writers I know. :)
I'm looking forward to any and all tales written by you, Abraxan, HP or otherwise. But please, write a bit more fluff. You make me sad. And that's bad, considering the fact I'm male, and have a rather large ego, I must admit. I love your writing, all of it.

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL! I've got GUYS who need boxes of tissues after reading chapter 34!!! That's just AMAZING to me, because it's not a sad chapter!!

As for me being mean -- heehee. My Yahoo group decided I had to have an evil twin (named "Naxarba" -- which is "Abraxan" in reverse) because the "mean" stuff is SO mean!! heehee. Naxarba is pleased that you enjoyed her part of the chapter!

I'm currently writing an original novel aimed at real-life publication. It's a hero-quest fantasy story like HP, Star Wars, LotR, so it should appeal to this audience (it certainly appeals to ME anyway!!). I'm having a lot of fun writing it and am 100+ pages into it right now. It's called "Star Sons" -- that will be the name of the series. I think it's at least a trilogy, but as I said, I'm just getting started on it. Once it's done, it's off to publishers to try to find a home for it! And WHEN (not *if* -- thinking positively here!!) it's published, I'll posting ordering info here for you guys! Thanks a lot for your kind review!! And I'm really a sweet, kind, gentle person most of the time. . .but it's such fun to let the mean streak out where it doesn't really HURT anyone! LOL! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Monika2 posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 8:45am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Great chapter! I don't know how else to say it. Or should I say chapters, my computer was broken last week and I couldn't read the chapter before this one.. What a treat for me two chapters at the same time! I've read so fast I can't really remember alot of details the only thing that comes to mind is: Poor harry!!! Of course we always know he's going to be ok but it's still angsty enough!! :D How many chapters are left? I guess at least one more?! Please please!! I really don't want this story to end but if you could make a good living out of your writting I guess it's ok.. Only if you do one shot fics again! You have to! (I'm sorry I'm babling about here..haha!)
Cudos to you for a wonderful story, truly the best I've read so far. (and believe me I've read alot!!)
Thanks for writting on behalf of all of us fanfic crazy people!
Monika

Abraxan replied:

THanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed the chapters! If you read that fast, you'll probably enjoy the chapters more by re-reading them, LOL! (I do that myself way too often!!)

Yup, I'm going to try to make some money with my writing!! And I can't promise any more HP fics, but I suspect I will write some short stories based on the epilog. Thanks for writing! Sorry I'm late in replying, I just got back from Florida!

Abraxan

freakyfinger posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 12:50am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Well, as this IS a fantasy story, stuff like snake stones would exist and work properly.

Abraxan replied:

They DO exist, and are used in the American South and other parts of the world. I got a review from a reader in Sri Lanka yesterday that said snake stones are used by the healers there, as well as his grandma. Whether they work "properly" or not isn't for me to say -- apparently some people think they do.

Abraxan

Quizer posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 9:01pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

I didn't mean to offend you with my review. It's just that Harry's constant tribulations totally and utterly overshadow everything that is great about this fic. The quality's still there, but the reader doesn't get to feel it.
But enough of this rant, you've heard it several times from me already and it's not going to change a thing anyway. I guess it's just your style. I should have known when I read your christmas one-shot - even there Harry ends up nearly killing himself for absolutely no reason.

The thing about Rita I had already forgotten, sorry about that. Like I said, it's been a while since Refiner's Fire.

Quizer

Abraxan replied:

The way to avoid offending me in reviews is to avoid telling me what to do. I'm a mature adult, an experienced (and *published,* hello!) writer and I know where my story is going. If you are a professional editor of fiction, then I'll listen to you a bit more seriously, but even the best writers sometimes ignore their editors' advice because the story is the *writer's* vision, not the editor's.

I have a reason for everything I've written in these fics, because I, unlike you, can see the overall arc of the stories and how they extend into Harry's later life.

So remember -- you're welcome to say what you like and dislike, but if you TELL me what to do, you will annoy me and I will tell you so. Don't annoy me anymore. Being annoyed wastes my time and I simply don't have time to waste. Thank you for the apology.

Abraxan

Hannah2 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 7:03pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

I have to go to bed in , like, one minute, so I'll be quick.

W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!

Nice use of the Snake Stone. It was so weird because I actually was thinking of that when they realised that it was a kind of magical snake bite. I was thinking "Hm, I wonder if that might work." And then, tada! there it was.

"Zip it". Very fun.

Kwow I love it, as per usual, but bed calls. <3

Oh, and Happy V-Day, as well.

Abraxan replied:

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you, as well! And thanks! And thanks for the compliments for the chapter! Glad you liked the snake stone idea, as well as "Zip it!" LOL!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 4:35pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Ch.33 - - Harry just can't quit being so 'Harry.'

And you still create one amazing plot concept after another.

Just thrilling.

Abraxan replied:

THANK YOU!!!!! And that's what I was after -- a thrilling, amazing plot! Thanks so much for saying I succeeded!!

Abraxan, who agrees, Harry just can't quit being so "Harry"!!!

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 1:10pm for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

WOW can't he stay in one peace for 5 Min. Good chapter just wondoring is he going to get to play for the lion's? Hope to see more soon.

Abraxan replied:

Keep reading and you'll find out!! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 11:31am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

That "saving people" thing is going to be the death of Harry yet. He can't even get a rest in the infirmary, let alone when he sets out to do something apparently "simple" like removing the last of the dark mark. Unfortunately, life often comes "booby-trapped" that way and simple things get way harder than they need to be. I'm glad he survived, but I wonder what else is in store for him before this story's over.

Abraxan replied:

Luckily for Harry, the story IS nearly over! And yes, he's going to have to get control of that saving people thing! ;-> But he honestly didn't think it was going to take "magic" to get rid of the snake, merely Parseltongue, which is easy for him, remember.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Imp posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 8:37am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Again with the Hospital Wing? Is he even going to get to see the inside of his dorm again before he leaves? I was hoping for another scene with Peeves before you finish the story, but if there isn't one, then I'll be happy with what you write anyway. I honestly think I may like this story better than the canon. :P Snake stone.......interesting that it worked as if it were normal snake venom. Are you going to show us the FULL extent of Harry's matured power? Or are you just going to leave us with the parts where he isn't in control or injured? I want to see what he can really do. I can hardly wait for the next update.

Abraxan replied:

You'll see the full extent of his power in the epilogue, so keep reading! Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan

Trey1 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 6:27am for Chapter 33 - The Last Hurrah

Poor Harry, the ill pill just keeps coming his way doesnt it? Maybe now he can be happy with his friends. I'm interested to see just how good he did on his one newt! lol. I hope you show us the extent of his powers, because I know they are outragous. Maybe he will end up being stronger than Merlin. I have a feeling there is more behind the story of Merlin than what you are telling us. I mean, why else would he come to Harry, I think he knows more than he is willing to let out as well! Keep me informed in case you don't add the information to your story! Keep up the good work!
~Trey

Abraxan replied:

Glad you enjoyed the chapter, Trey! You'll see the extent of his powers in the epilogue, so keep reading! As for Merlin -- you'll have to read my original novel to find out more about him! I've changed things a bit there -- he can be human for a few hours at a time rather than having to stay a phoenix all the time. He's not the "star" of my novel, but an integral part.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan