Content Harry Potter

Reviews

RNCybergate posted a comment on Monday 19th May 2008 11:34pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

What a wonderful story...
One of the best I've ever read!
Now I'm off the read the sequel of the sequel :)

LLC/RNC

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   Glad you enjoyed it!   Be sure to look for my other stories on this site, which fill the time gap between Destiny and its epilogue!   They go in this order (IIRC!)

A Fox's Tale; Beginnings; Now and Forever (currently being uploaded - less than 10 chapters to go); then the stories that come during the epilogue's time frame:   Hedwig's Tale; A Very Harry Christmas.   There may be one or two others, but I can't think of them at the moment.   Look at my bio page, they should be listed there.

Happy reading!

Abraxan

freckleforce93 posted a comment on Saturday 27th October 2007 1:04am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

you should do a long story on ginny's seventh year.

Abraxan replied:

It's nearly finished.   It's called "Now and Forever" and focuses, like all the other stories, on HARRY's life, not Ginny's, although she's a part of it.   I'm working on finishing and polishing it now.   I hope to start uploading it in a month or so, so watch for it!

Abraxan

David Thacker posted a comment on Wednesday 29th March 2006 5:21pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

When Snape was getting toe tagged the attendents(spelling?) said none of the students died so what happened with Susan,Fiona, and Zack?Thank you for this story and the time and effort that you have put in to it.Please ignore any and all flames.Enjoy your self when you write and have fun in your life when you can.

Abraxan replied:

Quote from chapter 31, before Snape is discovered to be alive:   >>

"At least they didn’t lose as many kids this time," Andy Durer told his co-worker, Kevin Aldwinckle.   "Just a few.   But still, it’s sad.   They were so young."<<  


So there WERE a "few" kids who died (and these are the morgue attendants talking here).   You misread it, that's all.   I'm glad you're enjoying the story!


Abraxan

Victor1 posted a comment on Saturday 11th March 2006 4:21pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IM ALREADY 2 CHAPTERS AWAY FROM BEING DONE!!!!

hahaha

I'm quite sad to see this through now lol

but I'm not sad to have read this- this was one of my favorite stories EVER

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Thursday 2nd March 2006 12:11pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

YAY!!! Have been ill for the past THREE DAYS!!! Missed two days and five hours of school. (Refused to miss first two hours of day one because I had a MAJOR test over "Pride and Prejudice, but that's beside the point) This is the first day I've been out of bed and it is a HUGE pick-me-up to read this awesome story. So, "Yay" again. OH! And I'm a little behind on my side-story for you, but it's all mapped out so it shouldn't be long. Toodles!

Abraxan replied:

Sorry you've been sick! I wondered where your reviews were! Glad you're better! And I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Looking forward to reading your "side-story"!

Abraxan

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 5:37pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Excellent!

Awesome end. Thank you for sharing it!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for the epilogue, part one of which gets uploaded today!

Abraxan

potterhead posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 3:51am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

your "original novel" Abraxan?
I'm all ears. is it something you're working on on this site or somewhere else?

Abraxan replied:

If it's an "original novel meant for real-life publication" it isn't going to be online - it will involve a contract with a publisher and the felling of trees and advertising and reviews and a book tour (when I dream, I dream BIG!!) and book signings. . . . ;-D I'm working on it now, and am over 100 pages in at this point. It will include some of the original ideas I came up with for these fics (Merlin as a phoenix, although in my novel, he can also be a man for some length of time each day; wandless magic; Casey will be a character since so many people mourned her death; etc.) It's a "hero quest" novel intended to be the first of a series - 3 to 7 books, hopefully. I already know the ending of the last book and the ending of THIS book -- I just have to get there in a stylish fashion!! ;-D I'll post ordering info here and on all the other sites that host my stories when (not *if*) it's published!!

The series is called "Star Sons" and the working title for the first book is "Star Sons: Children of Destiny" - but that's subject to change.

Thanks for asking!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 26th February 2006 8:04am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Great ending. I love this story. Thank you for writing it. And I especially appreciate the way you update when you say you will. You are one of the few. There are so many good stories but life and work, etc., get in the way of writing fan fiction. There are a lot of stories that I have been waiting months for updates. I really, really appreciate your style. I am looking forward to the epilogues. Thank you so much and keep me updated about your plans for another HP story.
pms

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I don't have specific plans for another HP story, but the epilog is just full of story ideas for me when I need a break from my original novel and decide to write a HP short story as a change of pace! I'm so glad you enjoyed my stories! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

potterhead posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 5:47pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

brilliant story Abraxan!
that was truly awesome! keep up the good work.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 2:26am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Just excellent. Perhaps the happiest ending to an epic Harry Potter fic series I have read. Definitely one of the best written all around.

You have taken the canon characters and made them very progressively real all through this two part monumental tale.

It is exciting to realize there will be a multi-part epilogue to look forward to.

Cheers of the highest degree!

Abraxan replied:

Wow, thanks a lot for all those kind words! I really appreciate it!

Abraxan

IceBlades posted a comment on Thursday 23rd February 2006 9:27am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Wow, I can't believe its finally over. Amazing!!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Thursday 23rd February 2006 5:25am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Well, as the next few parts are going to be epilogues, is it safe to call this chapter a conclusion?

Overall, I think that you got Harry and all the other characters just right. Harry's embarrasment at the award ceremony and his general inarticulacy when asked to speak is fairly in his nature.

You weren't able to avoid some clichés which are common to H/G stories, most notably in your characterisation of Ginny, but they weren't too intrusive and generally fitted with the atmosphere of the story.

If I have one objection it was some of the side plots in the early chapters, which could have been left out or condensed without seriously detracting from the story, especially Petunia's obsession with James (shudders).

Overall, this is a great story. It is hardly amongst the best but it is far above the average.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10

Abraxan replied:

Glad you liked the story.

Abraxan

minervakitty posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 2:48pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

How soon will Harry get the students up to speed? I'm not surprise about how some of the Slytherin ended up as.

Abraxan replied:

Up to speed on what? Flying? He starts teaching in the fall, and he has already shown (through the DA) that he's an excellent teacher. What do you mean "how some of the Slytherin ended up as" -- as what?? I'm confused.

I'm glad you were able to join the chat last evening! It was nice to get to know you a bit better! We have the chat every Wed. at 9 PM there, so come again!

Abraxan

Trey1 posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 5:18am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

One more question, I forgot! Can you tell me a little bit about your original novel?! I'm sure you have written a bit about it somewhere here in all of these thousands of reviews, lol. You have an original character that looks like Dan...or harry without the scar and glasses, and there will be a character like Casey. Thats about all I know. Is it Fiction? Please inform me!

Abraxan replied:

Of course it's fiction!! heehee. Its working title is "Star Sons: Children of Destiny" (that second part may be changed, but the "Star Sons" will stay the same). Right now, I think it may be a trilogy (three novels with the same characters) -- I haven't finished the first one yet, so I won't really know until I get further along with it.

"Star Sons" is about two brothers, Ethan and Jake, who are mages (wizards) born in Britain but, through some circumstances in their lives (some circumstances were fortunate, some unfortunate), they grew up in the American west (in the present time), which means I don't have to write the story in strict Brit English, YAY! (although my Brit-picker has already offered to work on this one as well! I also have betas who've volunteered to help me out, bless them!).

In my world, so far, anyway, mages don't develop real magical power until they're 17. Then they need some training to control it. They don't use wands nor incantations. The story is pretty cool so far (at least, IMO! LOL!). I haven't worked out a good name or "goal" for the bad guy yet (beyond his goal of ultimate power and dominion). Suggestions are welcome!

The boys will find themselves back in England at some point. It's a "hero quest" story similar to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, but with two heroes, not one. Jake, the younger brother, is based on Dan Radcliffe's portrayal of Harry (in looks -- without the scar and glasses) and a combination of Dan's and Harry's personalities (Harry's short temper, Dan's sense of humor, Harry's stubbornness, Dan's charm - that kind of thing). Ethan is based on Tom Welling's portrayal of Clark Kent in Smallville on the WB (my fav. TV show - I love anything to do with Superman!! And Tom fills Superman's shoes very nicely!) I don't know anything about Tom Welling as a person, but the basic decent, sweet, noble, self-sacrificing nature of Clark Kent as Tom portrays him is where this character resembles Clark -- and he looks a LOT like Tom, down to the size 13 feet! LOL! (I know Tom's 6'3" and has size 13 feet and is married -- that's about all I know about him as a person.)

When I say my characters are "based on" these actors, I'm merely using these guys as a way of envisioning my characters to start with, much as I used the actors for the same reason in RF and ToD. But I evolved the characters from the actors and from canon, and that's what I'm already doing only 100 pages into the novel. The basic personality traits will be developed, just as happens with anyone as they grow, have more experiences, and change in reaction to those experiences.

People who know Dan, Harry, Tom or Clark won't recognize them when I get through with them, most likely, but those of you who've read my stories here will recognize bits and pieces here and there -- and I'll also be using ideas I created in these fics, since they're my original creations. Casey will show up as a character, as will Merlin, although I'm changing how he manages his life as a 1000+ year old man in phoenix form, LOL! The Land of the Phoenixes will probably show up, and I imagine that, once the novel is complete, other things you read there will make you go, "Ah-ha! I read something similar in Refiner's Fire!" (Or Destiny). Anyway, that's all I'm willing to tell for now. I'll post ordering info here WHEN (not *if*!) it gets published!! Thanks for your interest!

Abraxan

Trey1 posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 5:10am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Hey I just got through chatting with you! lol. Well this chapter was a bit more fluffy, if you catch my drift! There are so many good things about your story! I hope that during the epilogue that we learn the extent of Harry's powers and what all he accomplishes in his life. It would also be wild if he did in fact have those 5 boys and 2 girls like in his dream! I can only imagine trying to name all of them. James, Sirius, Bill, Lily.....and so on! lol. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read again next wednesday!

Abraxan replied:

If you read my Christmas story, you already know the names of the children! And I think there's a part of the story that shows some of the extent of Harry's powers. Nobody else coudl do what he does then, anyway! I'm glad you're enjoying my story! Thanks for writing! And it was nice chatting with you! Try to join us in a future chat! They're every Wed. at 9 EST (or EDT when Daylight time applies).

Abraxan

dadofdj posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 3:40am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

This was truly one of the best stories that I have read. I enjoyed this one and the Refiner's Fire. I can't wait to read what you come up with next.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much! What I'm "coming up with next" is an original novel aimed at real-life publication (why should JKR make all the money, after all??? heehee). I have some Harry Potter plot bunnies running around in my head, mostly inspired by things in the epilog (episodes I can fill in there, as I did with the Christmas story). I will write those when I need a break from the novel. I'm so glad you enjoyed my stories! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Ryu Son Goku posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 2:26am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Very nice.. Thank for writing such a great story. Please keep up the outstanding work.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 12:44am for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

The end is near, what a great ending to a great story, It just wont be the same not wait for your updates. On a lighter note you should of had Harry open his frog card and have Ron on the card. He would of passed out to have his own card. I await your final 2 chapters.

So until next week.
MPF

Abraxan replied:

That's a great idea, Ron on a frog card! Who knows what the future holds for them -- maybe they'll all be on cards at some point, who knows?? (I sure don't!!) You have two more weeks of Destiny to read (the two-part epilog), and then you'll just have to watch this site for short story announcements and (hopefully before I'm too hold to enjoy it!!) ordering info for my original novel! Thanks for writing, and for all your lovely reviews!

Abraxan

James Benfield posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 10:06pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Great chapter! Glad to see Hary finally having some fun. I like how you had the ministry creat an award for him, that seems like something they would do in the book. Keep up the good work.

James

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! Yes, he certainly deserves a "one of a kind" award, doesn't he? I hope JKR lets him have one! I'm glad you enjoyed my stories!

Abraxan

Lira posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 8:02pm for Chapter 34 - New Beginnings

Great chapter. Just wondering how little Harry on the new Chocolate Frog card can talk. I thought those cards only could talk due to the communications spell they were using on the cards?

Abraxan replied:

I honestly don't know! Maybe I made a mistake and all the betas missed it! It's happened before, but not very many times. Ah well, too late to fix it now! JKR has mistakes in her books too, so I don't feel too bad about it. Glad you liked it.

Abraxan