Content Harry Potter

Reviews

xenacow posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 12:05pm for A Fox's Tale

This was absolutely amazing! I think that you should be a writer.

ghostchicken posted a comment on Monday 9th February 2009 2:11pm for A Fox's Tale

I liked this. Molly finally got it! They're not children anymore, not by a longshot. I almost had a baby, but I lost her in my 5th month. I can't relate to mothers or what mother's must go through as their children grow, but I do know what it's like to be hovered over, so I guess I just relate to the four rather than Molly.

Abraxan replied:

I'm so sorry you lost your baby.   I have two kids (now 34 and 30) and lost one in between those two (very early in the pregnancy).   Molly and I are a lot alike in some ways, and my mother was even more like   Molly than I am, so I can relate!

Glad you liked the story!

Abraxan

Daraganyan posted a comment on Thursday 31st July 2008 6:43am for A Fox's Tale

Okay, it is no big deal. I was actually kind of expecting that, so it didn't really hurt my overblown ego too badly ^^

But well, have fun writing or riding. I myself own six horses so I kind of know what you're talking about =) Enjoy life.

~Dar

Abraxan replied:

Thanks for understanding!  

Six horses, huh?   COOL!   Happy trails!!   LOL!

Abraxan

Daraganyan posted a comment on Wednesday 30th July 2008 8:02pm for A Fox's Tale

Hello, again! I can't seem to stop bothering you...

Well, in your response you told me to read these. I had already read them, just like I had already read the Refiners Fire and The Time of Destiny. For those two, it was propably around my sixth time of reading them. For these, my second.

As I said, I enjoy reading everything you write - and believe me, I'd read your original books if I had the chance. There is just a slight problem, which is me living quite far away...

But, I'm slipping. To the text, you idiot girl, to the text!

As for this particular one, I like it. I'm stil a little bit 'numb' from the duet of tRF and tToD, which is partly why I don't appreciate the shooting too much.

Still, this is beautiful, in it's own way. The roles are reversed after everything, and he finally does something, a little thing, slightly wrong, which makes him seem more human. The idea of all them running together as animals is lovely and has a sense of closure - everything ends in a way. At least for me it sounds like that, but well...

The thing with Molly is nice. She loves her offspring and seems to finally realise that they actually do grow from time to time, and are adults...

Thank you again for these fabulous pieces of writing. I completely understand why you were invited to join the fanficauthors.

And well, to business, I guess. I'd still be interested in translating at least a part of this saga of yours to finnish. If you'll allow me, of course. In that case, please, contact me by email: koylijar[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Dara

Abraxan replied:

Your SIXTH time to read RF and ToD???   Yikes!   Thanks a lot!!   :D   I didn't recognize your screen name as a reviewer or I wouldn't have suggested you read the others!   I have quite a few new readers recently, as well as some who have read the stories before but either never reviewed or rarely reviewed, so I don't recognize their names.   I'm always glad when my readers write, especially when they write sensitive, sensible reviews (the ones that annoy me are the ones that only say "UPDATE!!" *sigh*).   So anyway, welcome back and I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

Yeah, them running together as animals was a fun idea to me, and helped to illustrate that Harry feels free at last to go and PLAY!   The shooting wasn't something to "appreciate," but something terrible (and I'm not anti-gun - I enjoy shooting, but I don't hunt - not that I'm against hunting, I just have no desire to do it myself).   And Harry IS human, so making a mistake is a natural thing.     And the thing with Molly - it was time she allowed her kids to be the adults they are, and she has finally realized that.

As for your translating my stories - I'm honored you want to do it, but I have a bit of a problem.   I don't know anyone (other than you :D) who knows Finnish who could read it and see if you've captured what I wrote.   A few years ago, someone asked about translating them into German.   I was amazed when she had Refiners translated in a few days!!   I had a German friend at the time who read it and said she'd used a translating program and the meanings were changed so the story didn't read like the original, which didn't   please me.   When I told the translator this, she exploded in tears and rage, from the sound of her email, and said she'd already gotten wonderful reviews, etc.   She'd already gotten reviews????   For one thing, I'd asked her to send me the chapters so my German friend could read them before they were posted, which she didn't do.   For another, SHE got reviews?   They're MY stories!   I realize it's not feasible for the reviews and my responses to be translated, but it just rubbed me the wrong way - mostly because she'd posted it without my okay, but also because she had said she wanted to be a translator and then she used software to translate it instead of doing it by hand - and no way could she have translated that many words in such a short time by hand!   So I asked her to remove them, and I suppose she did, because I recently got another translation request from another German.   *sigh*   So what I'm saying is, I'm really flattered you want to try translating my stories, but I'm pretty gunshy about allowing such a thing, having been burnt once already.   But thank you for asking.  

Abraxan

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Friday 14th December 2007 2:05am for A Fox's Tale

Very good story.

gunny

Abraxan replied:

Thanks, Gunny!

Abraxan

Carol Layland posted a comment on Sunday 24th June 2007 1:22pm for A Fox's Tale

There is still a hole in the story please fill it in whieh Harry and Ginny's wedding.

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL!   THere's no hole in this story.   This takes place the summer after the trio finish Hogwarts.   Ginny still has a year of school.   Look for "Beginnings" which tells the story of Ron and Hermione's wedding.   I'm working on H&G's wedding now, and will start uploading it once it's finished and has been betaed.   (It's still being written in first-draft form - it will be a while, but I've been busy getting my original novel, "Star Sons 1: Dawn of the Two" ready for publication).

Abraxan

ZachShanks posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 5:03am for A Fox's Tale

i read your first 2 stories when they were on fanfic and i just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write these wonderful stories.you get a 10/10 in my book.

Zach

Abraxan replied:

Thank you so much, Zach!   I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories!   I'm currently working on a wedding story, so stay tuned for that!   It's another of those I'm writing to fit into the time frame of the epilogue.

Abraxan

MichelleG posted a comment on Sunday 11th June 2006 12:03pm for A Fox's Tale

Great first chapter. I can't wait to see what happens in future chapters, although I have some idea after reading the epilogue of the last story. :-) I hope you update soon. Thanks for the read!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   But that's not a "first chapter" - it's a ficlet that fits into the epilogue.   I'm not writing any more HP novels, just ficlets to fill in the gaps in the epilogue, because I'm busy writing an orignal novel aimed at real-life publication (it's nearly finished in first draft form and I've already started editing and polishing, yay!!).   When (not *if* - thinking positively here!!) that novel is available, I'll post ordering info on all the sites hosting my stories.   But "Fox's Tale" is a stand-alone ficlet that fits in between the end of "Destiny" and the beginning of the epilogue, that's all - not the beginning of another novel.   Glad you liked it though!

Abraxan

Ken Warner posted a comment on Wednesday 31st May 2006 5:11am for A Fox's Tale

I am thoroughly enjoying these additions to your story - thanks and please continue, as well as keeping us updated to your pro fic efforts
Warmest Regards

Abraxan replied:

Thanks so much!   I have several more stories planned.   I'll work on them when I need a break from the novel.

The novel is racing along now, nearing the finish.   It's flowing really well and I'm very pleased with where it's going and how it reads.   I LOVE LOVE LOVE the characters!!   I hope my readers will as well!   This novel apparently wants to be a trilogy, at least, which is fine with me, because I don't want to leave these characters yet, and I'm nearing the end of this particular book.   Ethan and Jake and Casey (yes, I have her in this novel, and I'm doing my best to keep her alive!   I don't PLAN to kill her off, anyway, as I did for "Refiner's") are all fun, interesting, charming characters - at least *I* think so!   Hopefully, other people will agree!!

I've started a blog for my writing, http://abraxan.blogspot.com - I'll be posting my thoughts there every so often.   Feel free to drop by!

Abraxan

Iunee posted a comment on Sunday 21st May 2006 4:44am for A Fox's Tale

ha! you've written more *gg* *jumpsindelight*
I know... you're busy and so on... but that doesn't stop me from begging:

Please write mooore! Pretty please?

Do you plan writing something else, or is it just missing scenes from the Epilouge now?

[insert the usual comment about grammar etc. here]

Abraxan replied:

I have at least two wedding stories to write, but I'm in full-bore "Star Sons" novel mode right now and have to follow that muse while she's this active!!   The HP stories don't even require a muse anymore - I'll be glad when the novel gets to that stage (when the characters and storyline are so much a part of me that they just flow out with nearly no conscious thought!! THAT's fun writing!)   But the HP stories require TIME and THOUGHT even if they're easy for me to write, and all my writing time right now is tied up with the novel.   I'll do more when I need a break from the novel (for research or thinking out the plot more, researching character or place names,  etc.).   The only HP things I have planned are missing scenes from the epilogue (which gives me 15+ years to play with - I think that's plenty!!   LOL!)

The usual comment about grammar?   As in, it's good?   I hope that's the usual comment!!   LOL!   Thanks for writing!   Glad you enjoyed the story!

Abraxan

anat posted a comment on Sunday 21st May 2006 4:14am for A Fox's Tale

is this something you plan to continue?

Abraxan replied:

This is one of the stories I'm writing to fill in gaps in time in the epilogue.   I can write these ficlets quickly and they don't distract me too much from my novels (they've become a serious trilogy - the first one's nearly finished in first draft form, I think, but I want to write all of them before sending the first one out to publishers - after proper polishing and editing, of course!)   Anyway, if you haven't read "The Refiner's Fire" or "The Time of Destiny" (and please read them in THAT order!!), you still have those to read and they will make the ficlets make more sense to you!   ;->   I created a world in "Refiner's" that I've developed and evolved in "Destiny" and the ficlets (which would fit in the epilogue if I'd wanted to spend that much time on the epilogue, but I didn't.   I wanted to give myself space to write short HP fics, and these stories to fill in the epilogue's time gaps do that for me).   Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the ficlets, and that you'll read the novels if you haven't already!

Abraxan

Manatheron posted a comment on Saturday 20th May 2006 6:18pm for A Fox's Tale

Excellent interlude! As always We are getting nothing but the best from you!

Abraxan replied:

What a nice thing to say!   Thank you so much!   I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 20th May 2006 5:41am for A Fox's Tale

Another beautiful, tender, caring, insightful, wonderful story. Each story you craft manages to reach out and touch the hearts of your readers (well, me anyway). The emotions expressed are so natural for the setting. Nothing is forced or out of place. I eagerly look forward to whatever you write as I know it will never fall below the high standard you've set for yourself. Thank you. Keep up the great work, my friend.

Abraxan replied:

Wow, what a nice review!   Thank you so much!   I prefer to read "beautiful, tender, caring, insightful, wonderrful" stories - being told I'm writing that kind of story means more to   me than you can know!   Thanks again!

Abraxan

Terry Swain posted a comment on Friday 19th May 2006 5:29am for A Fox's Tale

Great fic-let? story? addition? what ever you call it. good job :)

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Amamama posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 11:17pm for A Fox's Tale

Wonderful, Ab! How's the "star sons" coming along? I assume pretty well, and that you needed a break, since you've gifted us with this story. Great way to state an opinion about fox hunting... I'm quite happy the aurors made sure that specific old muggle never felt like hunting foxes, wolves or (snort) collies again, ever.

Harry behaved like just Harry could, when he had his talk with Molly and Arthur - gentle and considerate - but of course Molly took it all wrong. Thankfully Arthur was as calm and composed as always, and like before she came to her senses eventually. I'll take this as a reminder to not tie my kids too closely to me, but who knows? In circumstances such as these, I might've been just as irrational as Molly. And I pray that I never ever experience losing a child, I don't know how I'd survive.

This piece was as great as ever. I've opted out of recieving messages at your group, I just don't have the time, but I really do appreciate your handiwork. And I do want to know when your story is published - make sure to make that a special announcement!

Much love, Berte

PS - I just love my tee, it's wonderful! And it's fun to wear something nobody has a clue about. Happy summer!

Abraxan replied:

Hi, Berte! I'm glad you're enjoying your t-shirt!   My Brit-picker, Kelpie, waved hers at me when she met me at the train when  Mr. Abraxan and I went to meet Mr. and Mrs. Kelpie for the first time last week!    (She wasn't wearing it at the time - women our age don't wear t-shirts with pictures on them in England, or not very often, so we opted to wave them rather than wear them when my hubby and I went to visit her and her hubby last week!).

I'm not against "riding to hounds" type of foxhunting, nor am I against shooting an animal that's been attacking your livestock (I'm a farmer myself and understand the man's thinking), but he shot ANY fox, not the one attacking his chickens, and off of his property, too.   I like to target shoot, but I'm not interested in hunting and don't see any reason to go around shooting animals that have done me no harm (unless we were hungry and that was the only thing around to eat).   And if predators come after my livestock, I'm more likely to throw rocks at them and/or call the dogcatcher than to try to shoot them and possibly only wound them (I'm a good shot, but killing something is something I don't want to face unless I HAVE to - and this farmer didn't HAVE to shoot this fox, he was just shooting at any fox he found, which I do disagree with).  

My story wasn't about foxhunting or hunting at all - it was about bad judgement in several directions.- the farmer's thoughtless (and bad - he didn't kill her but left her to suffer) shot; Molly's bad reactions to all kinds of things.   Harry and his friends were the only ones making GOOD decisions, bless them.   Mainly, I wanted to see the four friends PLAYING, and playing as Animagi.   And I wanted to explore the situation with so many people stuffed inside Harry's house without Harry (who's away at practice or school a lot), Dumbledore, Order members, or imminent danger to stifle the reactions caused by the tension inherent in such a situation.   This is a time of adjustment for ALL of them, and not just an adjustment to the living circumstances.   Suddenly, there's no threat hanging over their heads, especially Harry's.   The young people want to PLAY!!!!! and enjoy life.   Yet they're also in mourning.   The emotional conflict they're going through in so many directions is immensely interesting to me - and that gave birth to this story.   Glad you liked it!   And I didn't really need a break from "Star Sons"   but I was busy doing research and fighting with names (I have NO trouble naming most of the major characters, but the minor ones, or the villains, have been giving me fits trying to find the "right" names for them - that takes a lot of time away from writing).   When I get annoyed with research and want to write but can't write on Star Sons, I play with Harry stories, and this was the result.   I still have more Harry stories to write, so stay tuned!

"Star Sons" stalled for a while so I could do some research (as I said above), but it's barreling along again now.   While we were in England for two weeks and I COULDN'T write, I worked out a timeline for the entire series (it's a trilogy at least - and that's as much as I've worked out so far) and I realized I'm near the end of the first book - probably 20,000 to 50,000 words left to write, not a lot in the overall scheme of things.   I LOVE the characters, and the trip to England gave me a lot of interesting background and improved my descriptions immensely.   We went on a "King Arthur Tour" which took us to Glastonbury Tor (one of the possible sites of Avalon and/or the possible site of the crystal cave where Nimue imprisoned Merlin), Glastonbury Cathedral (the remains of it - where Arthur and Guienivere supposedly were buried), several other sites as well as Stonehenge.   My story involves Merlin and Avalon, so this trip in particular was really fun for me!   I just put Glastonbury Tor in the novel yesterday, and I've been punching up my descriptions (as I did for this story) as a result of the trip to England too.   The description of the meadow where the kids ran as Animagi (and with Hermione changed into a collie) was rewritten to reflect the real British countryside.

So anyway, that's life as we know it for now!   My horse show and art show season are upon me, so I'm busier than ever - have to go to an art workshop on Saturday (a critique workshop, helping to jury a show I've entered - should be interesting!), take some pieces to be in a show on Sunday (still need to dig them out of the trailer, ACK!), bring the horses home from boarding on Sunday (so I'm scrubbing buckets and buying grain today), etc. etc.   WHEW!   And somewhere in there I need to squeeze in writing, riding, some artwork, exercise, eating, sleeping. . .LOL!   No time to be bored around here!

Great, as always, to hear from you!   Thanks for the lovely review!   And yes, I'll be posting a special notice on all the sites hosting my stories when there's ordering info for my novel(s)!  

Abraxan

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 10:50pm for A Fox's Tale

Welcome back, another nice addition to the 2 great stories that you wrote. I cant wait to see what else you come up with.

MPF

Abraxan replied:

Thanks so much!   I hope things are going well for you!!!   Take care of yourself!   And what I come up with next, HP story-wise, MAY be a wedding story or two - those are the ones in the front of my mind right now, anyway.   We'll see which inspiration hits first when I need a break from Star Sons again!

Great to hear from you!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

zephyr_goddess posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 9:47pm for A Fox's Tale

Yay!! Is this some kind of a one-shot? Or a short fic? I loved it, hope you continue, and/or update soon!

Abraxan replied:

This ficlet is one of many I plan to write to fill in the gaps in the epilogue of my HP novel, "The Time of Destiny," which is the sequel to my novel, "The Refiner's Fire" - have you read them??   Read Refiner's first, or you won't understand a lot of the stuff in Destiny.   Other ficlets I've written (which also fit into the epilogue) are "On Second Thoughts" and "A Very Harry Christmas" - they're on this site, check them out!

Glad you enjoyed this story!   I'm currently writing an original novel aimed at real-life publication ("Star Sons" mentioned in some of the other reviews here) and am writing HP ficlets that fit into my epilogue when I need a break from Star Sons (usually while I'm researching and WANT to write, but can't write the novel because the research isn't finished).   Check back often, or get on my "alerts" list so you'll know when a new story is uploaded.  

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

PhiloWorm posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 6:28pm for A Fox's Tale

You seem to enjoy those hospital scenes a lot neh? They end up in there every third chapter or so.

Abraxan replied:

I only write them when they serve a purpose, as happened here.   This hospital scene served two purposes:   It brought Molly to her senses, and it showed Harry what Ginny's gone through so many times when he was injured.   This realization on Harry's part will only strengthen their relationship.   Molly's turnaround will calm things down and make her realize that her kids are grown and it's time she treated them as the adults they truly are (normally I'd say kids that age are still a bit immature, but with all they've gone through, they're far more mature than most kids their age, so they deserve to be treated like adults IMO).   And this isn't a "third chapter" but a ficlet for the epilogue.

Abraxan

Hagrid posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 11:35am for A Fox's Tale

What a pleasant suprise! Its so nice ter be readin' you again. Too bad this lot can't even go fer a romp in the open without needin' medical attention though. Yet another chapter in a hospital wing. I'm startin' ter think yer doin' it on purpose, yer sure yer not one of them muggle whatcha call its? oh yeah, nurses? Well, good ter see yer again and now I must be goin', got som'att new ter show the students this year...Can't say no more here though, some of them students know how ter read!

Abraxan replied:

Hi, Hagrid!   Nice to hear from you again!   Nah, I'm not a nurse.   As I said in a review response above, the hospital visit served two purposes:   to wake Molly up and to show Harry what Ginny's gone through so many times.   The purpose of the story wasn't to put somebody in the hospital, but to change Molly's attitude and explore the emotional changes everyone's going through in this first post-war, post-school month.   Glad you enjoyed it!

Somebody in my Yahoo group is breeding interestin' creatures - he crossed a basilisk with um. . .oh rats, I've forgotten.   A dragon, I think!   He's training them to be guard animals for my estate over in the Yahoo kingdom.   They're quite sweet as long as they know you!   ;->   I think you'd like them!   I'm sure Bo would be happy to bring you one to show your students this year.   Glad some of them know how to read, BTW!

Great, as always, to hear from you!   Take care!

Abraxan

freakyfinger posted a comment on Thursday 18th May 2006 10:22am for A Fox's Tale

nice

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan