Content Harry Potter

Reviews

ghostchicken posted a comment on Tuesday 10th February 2009 5:08am for Chapter 18

Okay, I was wrong. I was sure it was Trent using Polyjuice Potion. Still, I'm on my guard. This could be just the beginning.

This Nancy's the one that wanted something suggestive written on the card Harry signed for her that day in Diagon Alley, right?

I can't imagine what it's like to have someone stalk me like that. It's sick.

Abraxan replied:

Real celebrities have stalkers al the time - it's a scary thing.   I never thought Trent was that   scary!   Interesting that you see him as a danger!   Yes, Nancy's the one who wanted the "special" signature on the card.

Abraxan

rune1806 posted a comment on Saturday 22nd March 2008 4:36am for Chapter 18

poor Harry.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, poor Harry - but one of his best characterisitics is that he's a survivor.   Don't give up on him!

Abraxan

StarrySkies posted a comment on Saturday 22nd March 2008 2:42am for Chapter 18

... I wanna hug Harry and tell him everything will be ok.

Though it will always get worse before it gets better. I've learned that though reading.

Abraxan replied:

Knowing Harry as I do, he appreciates your feelings - and he, too, thinks it's gonna get worse before it gets better!

Abraxan

gadriam posted a comment on Thursday 20th March 2008 5:27am for Chapter 18

Brilliant solution. Perhaps a bit too solid, but a very nice glimpse into a deranged mind ad the means to seize it. Thanks.

g

Abraxan replied:

Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Thursday 20th March 2008 1:43am for Chapter 18

Havens! I'm glad that Harry and the Aurours found that stalker! She reminded me of several actual cases in the news and in books. I enjoyed reading how Harry and Ron worked on the details with their instructors and Tonks. My thanks for the chapter!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!!   Yes, I research criminal psychology to create my villains, and I do my best to keep what they do grounded in some semblance of reality as much as possible.   There have been cases with aspects of what Nancy did, so I just put several together and added some imagination, and voila!   A really evil fangirl!~

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Shadowangel posted a comment on Thursday 20th March 2008 12:33am for Chapter 18

Really good chapter!
Thanks for uploading it! ^^

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 9:26pm for Chapter 18

I normally love your chapters, but the bit about the aunt was overdone. The mummy joke was too cheesy and grossed me out a bit. It sounded too much like those gruesome murder shows that come on the TV.

I don't mean to be insulting, but I think you drifted away from your style here and it didn't work out too well.

Abraxan replied:

I'm not insulted - you have a right to your opinion.   But I base the criminals in my stories on real life as much as possible, and what happened to the aunt DOES happen to some people in real life, caused by people like that fangirl stalker.   The fangirl's behavior was also based on what happens in real life - yes, she's an extreme case, but she is NOT unrealistic, nor is the thing with the aunt.   Being a witch, I'm sure Nancy would've put some spell on the old woman's body to keep her from stinking as her body decayed, so the body would mummify or become dessicated (same kind of thing).   Cheesy? No. Real?   Yes.   Did it work?   Most of my readers seem to think so.   That's the ickiest thing in this whole book (which is complete - I'm polishing chapters as I upload them), so don't worry about such things bothering you in the future.

Abraxan

Anne B. Walsh posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 9:01pm for Chapter 18

Gahhhh. Bad day all around, that one. Send Ginny after him, quick!

Abraxan replied:

Yup, that would probably be a good idea!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 7:52pm for Chapter 18

Wow! I've heard of stalkers but I never imagined someone being that twisted. Poor Harry. I'm sure right now he is feeling terrified for Ginny. To think that someone so evil had decided Ginny had to die and then for Harry to learn that she had done it before and killed the man and the woman. I suspect that he has gone to Hogwarts to make sure Ginny is all right. Thank you for writing. I look forward to more of this story. pms

Abraxan replied:

As I wrote to a couple of other reviewers, I do my best to base my villains on reality.   Such things do happen in real life.   And yes, poor Harry!   At least this girl is going to be behind bars for a looooooong time!!!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 5:36pm for Chapter 18

Ah, it's always good to see excellent police work in action and it's rewarding that Harry & Ron helped to come up with a way to trap the perp. I have to commend Harry for service above and beyond for his acting abilities - and commiserate him on his humanity on seeing just how sick that female was. If I was in his position, I think I'd go find a private place to be sick, first, and after I got cleaned up, go see if I could just cuddle with Ginny for the night as an antidote to all that sickness and to assure myself that she was in good shape and well protected. I think that I'd be a bit disturbed, too, that someone *that* crazy was after me and willing to kill my fiancee.

Abraxan replied:

Yup, you nailed how Harry's feeling right on the head.   At least he doesn't have to worry about Nancy anymore!   She's going to be locked away for a long long time.   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan, rather chuffed to hear she wrote "excellent police work"!!

LadyGuilt posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 2:53pm for Chapter 18

Oh my! That girl was just scary. There's no other word. I had shiver running down my spine while I read the descriptions... Great job then! lol.

I do hope that Harry doesn't have another trauma out of this. He had enough goin on. The good thing is, that Ginny can relax now. I feel bad for the other people she hurt. They didn't get their happy ending...

Hope to see the next chapter soon. And must of all hope to see more Ginny!!!

Take care.

Abraxan replied:

Ooooo, I made shivers run down your spine???   COOL!!!!!!!!!!!     :D   Thanks a lot!   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan

ficfanang posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 12:05pm for Chapter 18

Wow, what an intense scene! "Nutter" is rather an apt description, in my opinion, although "crazy bitch" would work as well. Nancy seems almost as though she could give Bellatrix LeStrange a run for her money! ...Er, galleons. :P

I'm so glad that you're updating so quickly. Do you have the outline pretty well set, or are you just making it up as you go along and the muse is being kind to you right now? Are you working on any other stories, or have any future plans for other stories and/or more in this series? I'd love to read more of your works!

Ang

Abraxan replied:

Have you read my other stories?   Refiners Fire, Time of Destiny (those two novels, which cover Harry's 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts, total over a million words - lots of good reading there!) and a bunch of ficlets that, like this one, fit into the time gap between Destiny and its epilog, are all on this site.   Just look for Abraxan's Fanfiction - you'll find it.

I never start posting a story until I've finished it.   That means the story's been finished and usually completely beta'd, and I just have to put a final polish on each chapter before uploading it.   I can't work  with outlines - they stifle me.   Usually, I will come up with characters, a situation and an ending,  and then I just watch them deal with their lives, making notes as they go down their road.   That's how I write both my HP stuff and my original novels.

I don't have plans for more HP stuff at this time - I'm busy writing original fantasy novels, the first of which is on Amazon now, and revising my nonfiction book, "Sculpting 101: A Primer for the Self-taught Artist" which should be on Amazon in April sometime, hopefully (I'm a professional sculptor - the first edition of "Sculpting 101" is completely sold out, hence the second edition!).   You can see "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" on Amazon by going here:   www.tinyurl.com/3655g8 or search on Amazon for Lynda Sappington (that's me).

I'm glad you're enjoying my story!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 11:49am for Chapter 18

Poor Harry, I can see how that would shake him up pretty badly. Funny though, up until they saw what all was in the house, I was feeling just a bit of sympathy for her, but after, well, here's hoping she doesn't get a good lawyer and get away, because she sounds as nutters as Bella was.

Abraxan replied:

And that's EXACTLY how I wanted readers to feel about her!   A little sympathetic that she was suffering from "unrequited love" but shocked to their socks when they found out the truth about her!   COOL!   I love it when everything works out the way I wanted!!   Yes, she's as crazy as Bella.   And no, she won't get out of jail anytime soon.   You don't mess with the Hero of the Wizarding World and get away with it!!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

fallingmonkey3 posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 11:03am for Chapter 18

Nice chapter ABraxan. That's extra creepy... It's really good that Harry and Ron and the Aurors caught the stalker before it was too late... It came close too. Seeing as she's killed a couple before... That would be bad. Great job!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!!   "Extra creepy" - COOL!   :D

Abraxan

jilumasam posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 10:59am for Chapter 18

One loose end tied up!

Great work!

Abraxan replied:

:)   Thanks!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 9:43am for Chapter 18

Great chapter. I can see where this would be rather disturbing to Harry. I hope he will get past it in good time. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan