Content Harry Potter

Reviews

RubinCompServ posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2018 7:03pm

As for viruses getting discussed often, remember that HP takes place in the late 90s and computer viruses were not nearly as common and well-known as they are now.

Sinfield4 posted a comment on Monday 2nd April 2018 3:17am

Excellent story thanks vary much. Had tears in my eye's when harry lost casey and family.

ichaos posted a comment on Wednesday 19th July 2017 9:18pm

I was not convinced that this story was going to be enjoyable, and unfortunately that is indeed the case for me. The writing is very good, but what has happened so far is horrible, even for a Harry Potter fic, and that is saying something. There is simply no way that I can accept that Harry would still be remotely functional after losing Sirius and then his first love in such short order.

Rocket Lucy posted a comment on Monday 1st May 2017 2:43am

There is something to be said for getting old enough that your memory begins to slip. Like reading a ff for the second time and feeling like it's brand new. I read The Refiner's Fire a few years ago as Rock Biter, and it was just as good this time. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Now, I'm off to read the next one.

There is one story I've been looking for, and I wonder if you know of it if it's on FFAuthors. In it, Harry develops a connection with Hogwarts via a chamber hidden in the depths of the castle where no one has gone in hundreds of years. Does that sound at all familiar as a story that might be here? I honestly thought it was Refiner's Fire.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your story immensely. Thank you, again.

Noble Korhedron posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2015 8:16am

Moving swiftly on to 'Time of Destiny'.

Jedi Master Albus posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd January 2013 3:53pm

I know this story was finished a while ago and you may or may not get reviews for it still but I figured I would anyway. I just wanted to say that I thought this story was really amazing and I'm definitely going to enjoy reading the others. I wish I had read this story as it was being done that way I could have done chapter by chapter reviews...

Deano000 posted a comment on Thursday 30th August 2012 4:44am

Does Ginny have to be hisn girlfriend

CactusShipley posted a comment on Saturday 18th February 2012 3:38pm

I have been reading this story at least once a month for two years. FF.net wouldn't allow my comments though, so when I found it here I thought I would comment. The way you wrote the charcters of this story, makes me believe if you wanted to you could become a great author. You gave Harry "super" powers, yet kept him within the attuide JK created. You also lived up to how I wish Remus would have reacted, in the books. Than again I always considered Remus to be slighted in the books.

marcoman32 posted a comment on Monday 30th May 2011 11:15am

I thin the first chapter is verry good!

clinicallyinsane posted a comment on Monday 17th January 2011 12:41am

They are NOT stages of grief. Get it right!

Mihir posted a comment on Wednesday 10th November 2010 7:40am

*£^^"%&!*%###

What did you kill the Ashers off for?!

*more cursing and swearing*

Anyway, why didn't they just Reparo the glass shards? It would repair the windows and glasses ... they would have something to store water in then ...

Mihir posted a comment on Monday 8th November 2010 7:47am

I am pretty tickled by this chapter .... especially by your OC ... seeing as my name is Mihir Asher!

star22 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th September 2010 9:19am

I'm really enjoying this story so far. I like the plot for the most part, and you have the characerization pretty much right. I liked the addition of Casey and then what you did with that plot line. I like the idea of the Refiner's Fire and how powerful you have Harry without taking it too far. I liked what you did with Ginny's feelings for Harry, turning it from a crush on the boy-who-lived to real love and friendship in a believable way. I really like how you've kept Draco in character and not softened him or made him nicer. I like how you've kept Snape in character while still showing that he is on the light side. I like how you've written McGonagall and Dumbledore and kept them good and shown their relationship with Harry and the trio.

My one problem with the story is in the way you have written the female characters and the balance of power in their relationships with the men. For example, the Bellatrix we have in canon is a strong fighter and probably the most powerful of the death eaters and Voldemort's favorite. Yet here you have her playing shop keeper, selling traditionally feminine products, and working under cover (something I have a hard time imagining her being able to pull off).

Then there is the trio. In canon, while Harry may like Ron a slight bit more, we never see him choosing Ron over Hermione or spending a whole lot more time with Hermione. In GOF, it is the people in charge of the Tournament and not Harry who chooses Ron. Harry never tries to keep Hermione out of things more often than he does Ron, and we don't see Ron trying to keep Hermione out of things. And dating Ron is not going to change the balance of the trio. In the trio, Ron and Hermione are equal and both continually stand at Harry's side. We see the three of them spending time together. When it comes to Ginny, Harry tries to keep her out because of her age, not her gender. Adding Ginny to the trio might make people do couple things, but when that isn't happening, it will most likely go back to the trio again rather than just Harry and Ron.

Ginny-Potter-123 posted a comment on Saturday 7th August 2010 9:35pm

Great Story!!!I loved it! Definitely cleared up some confusion from readin the time of destiny first! I love you portrayal of the characters!!

nintschi posted a comment on Thursday 20th May 2010 12:59am

sweet chapter thanks nintschi

nintschi posted a comment on Wednesday 19th May 2010 5:32pm

oh no rita is on the hunt poor harry after everything was going great
thanks nintschi

nintschi posted a comment on Wednesday 19th May 2010 5:12pm

I love this story so far and casey and her family and saying goodbye to sirous and snuffles
amazing chapter love it
thanks

Fresh posted a comment on Saturday 15th May 2010 2:17pm

What a read! I especially love your Ron, it's a wonderful portrayal of him.

dadscooking posted a comment on Friday 30th April 2010 8:59pm

I came across this story searching for something i haven't ready yet. I've read this before, but forgot how absolutely wonderful your characterizations are, although not to give anything away, thinking about Casey made me tear up.

You are a truly gifted writer and bring so much color to life.

Jenifer Winterbine posted a comment on Friday 16th April 2010 4:37am

Sorry not to have reviewed before now. This is a very entertaining fic and I am enjoying it enormously. Thank you!