Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Valone posted a comment on Saturday 5th April 2008 1:41pm

Hey, I'm just here saying you've done a really great job on your story as a whole. This is the first time I've really reviewed because I haven't found a story I really liked yet that wasn't already done. Anyways, your story was my second fanfiction story that I read, and it's one of, if not the, best I have ever read. So great job, and keep up the great work.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

fallingmonkey3 posted a comment on Saturday 5th April 2008 12:45pm

Wow. Abraxan, I feel really bad for Harry and Ginny. They get through the whole business with a stalker, then have to deal with this? I can't believe that someone actually had the... douchebaggery to complain about Harry and Ginny fraternizing in the halls... It's a girl with a crush, isn't it? Ugh. Great job!

Abraxan replied:

:)   You'll just have to wait and see who it is!   Glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Friday 4th April 2008 10:37am

Idiots! You'd think that they'd have something better to do then nitpick over something like that....sigh. Small minded jerks! Here's hoping that they'll crawl back under the rocks where they belong!

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   That would be nice, but even Harry realized (in the chapter, when he thought about Lockhart) that there's a good reason for the rule to be in place.   Just stay tuned to see what happens!   :D   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 3:23pm

Poor Harry and Ginny. Just when things seem to be going so well something else comes up. I can understand the board needing some well defined rules for teacher/student relations but there should be some provisions for engaged couples. However I can see how setting a precedent could cause problems in the future. At least Harry has recognized the potential hazzard of having someone like Lockhart uncontrolled. I hope Harry and Dumbledore can work this out. I look forward to where you are going with this. Thanks for writing. pms

Abraxan replied:

Yes, it was good Harry remembered Lockhart and realized what a danger it COULD be if student/teacher relationships weren't governed by rules.   Good of you to notice that!   (You're the first to mention the Lockhart connection!)   Glad you liked the chapter!

Abraxan

a_wanderer posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 12:48pm

After reflection it is clear Harry, Ginny and Dumbledore are in the "wrong." Not by intent but certainly by letter of the rule and the rule is correct.

However I still think he should resign. It's not a power play but simply a way of avoiding the conflict of interest. He can return after Ginny graduates.

NTP

Abraxan replied:

You're right about the rule being correct - but you'll still just have to wait and see what happens!   LOL!

Abraxan

jilumasam posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 12:23pm

EEEK!!! just as one thing is sorted (the stalker and the rings...) another thing comes up!!!!!!!

I've been offline with a move the whole week, so it was nice to come back online and read your work!

:)

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   Welcome back online!   Glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

Shady Dareks posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 9:22am

*gasps* Poor Harry! What about his public wedding? How will he do it? Will he do it? OMC, I'm freaking out now! Update soon or I might have to get mad! :)

Abraxan replied:

You'll just have to wait and see what happens!!   :)

Abraxan

a_wanderer posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 8:19am

Well done. Frankly Harry should tell them to get lost. He can be calm, and more importantly, transparent. Simply call a press conference to announce that he is resigning the post due to his respect for Hogwarts, the teaching profession and his fiancée.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, he could do that.   But knowing Harry, he won't.   :)

Abraxan

Kinsfire posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 1:16am

So we can see that there are still Death Eaters around...or at least those who sympathized.

I am rather certain that they chose the disciplinary hearing for his wedding day on purpose.

Abraxan replied:

While you may very well be right about the hearing date, don't be too sure that these are DEs or their sympathizers!   They could be just ordinary people trying to do their job.   You'll just have to wait and see!

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Thursday 3rd April 2008 12:52am

Heh, looks like the 'ol biddys on the board just can't leave well enough alone huh? I can see where they're coming from, but can also see where Harry's comin from, especially given that the board seemed to be led about by the nose by Malfoy for years, and that Harry would be upset that now they seem to be trying to run things, given what all he had to do? Going to be interesting to see how he handles things with him calmed down now.

Abraxan replied:

Oh, well spotted!   And you're the first to do so!   Yes, they were led around by Malfoy for years.   That doesn't necessarily make them DE sympathizers, but their strict interpretation of the rules is certainly something Malfoy Sr. would have appreciated, especially in this case!   And yes, Harry's calmed down now - he's trying to lead a normal life, which means he can't fly into a rage and hex them all.   He's maturing and learning how to live in the "normal" world, something that's new to him.   You'll see how he manages sometime soon!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Deborahsu posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 10:03pm

Surely, the fact of a prior relationship should have headed this off? And why exactly have they scheduled the hearing for the wedding day??? Hmmm .... I smell something fishy ...

Abraxan replied:

The "prior relationship" thing wouldn't make any difference in real life (I checked with a college prof I know  about this).   As for the date of the hearing?   Draw your own conclusion!   :)

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 5:43pm

Well I missed this chapter at first as I went to the next one. I'm glad I checked it out when I saw the two notices. It is very nice. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Darak1 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 5:03pm

Well, this is one chapter I don't agree with, according to the law Ginny is an adult, as such her relations with an instructor that has no impact on her passing grade is between her and the instructor and if it isn't the case then that means that all relations in Hogwarts should be banned and the students delving into them punished severely.

Anyway this is one story I'll stop reading, it constantly pours out parts that aggravate me and I don't need that. Thank you for helping me make that choice.

Abraxan replied:

I'm happy to have helped you with that decision!   And as for the "law" - I checked with a college professor who told me that even ADULTS (college students) are not supposed to date or have relationships with professors.   So I based this board decision on reality, especially since Ginny's still in what we would consider "high school" not college.   Such actions by a teacher would get the teacher sacked in real life.   I'm showing Harry and Ginny growing, maturing and learning how to live in a peaceful world, which is a huge change from the way they grew up.   These are important things to consider.   If you don't want to consider them, that's your choice.

Abraxan

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 2:11pm

Bastards. Stupid buggers. The Hogwarts Board of Governors are currently acting like they are in desperate need of a thorough application of the 'Board of Education', so to speak.

Abraxan replied:

LOL!   Yeah, I'm sure a lot will agree with you!   But all this is part of Harry learning to live in a peacetime world, something he's never experienced.   It's all part of him growing up and learning to live a "normal" life.   Keep reading, you'll see how he manages.

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 10:09am

Nice soft moment there, and fun to see Harry thinking of his future with Ginny. I can see that she loves that stuff so much, but hope that Ginny doesn't get overwhelmed by it all at times, as well as that Mum Molly doesn't go off on her, as that will set Harry off but good.

Abraxan replied:

I think it isn't that she loves jewelry so much asthat she's amazed by it.   She always chooses the most modest thing available, but Harry bumps it up to the one he can tell make her eyes light up.   Ginny won't get overwhelmed, don't worry.

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 9:55am

Ahh, yes, no good deeds go unpunished. I wonder what the Board's reaction would be if Harry told them to stuff it and resigned, effective immediately, and moved all his stuff out of Hogwarts? After, of course, making certain that both the Prophet and the Quibbler had private interviews, each, explaining his actions. I wonder how inundated the Board would be with howlers? For some reason, I suspect the date of the disciplinary hearing was expressly chosen, likely by some who don't like Harry, as a means of further inconveniencing him. Methinks that was a mistake that could easily end up showing just how toothless and impotent the board really is.

Abraxan replied:

:)   Nicely thought out!   You'll just have to wait to see what happens!   :D

Abraxan

Deborahsu posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 9:34am

Short, but sweet! How much ya wanna bet they get "caught" before the real wedding? Someone's going to catch them, somehow ... or not?

Abraxan replied:

You'll just have to wait and see what happens!   And you still have another chapter to read!   I posted two this week because this one is so short.   Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

kate19 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 9:26am

very nice chapters! just the thing i was looking forward to read!! i love it.

bye

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 6:24am

Thanks for the chapter. I guess I'll have to wait for the setup to pay off. I'm reminded of the minister's meeting in Albus's office in ToD. Iwonder if any of the governers have a dark mark up their sleave? Oh well, "Ain't nothin easy" W.

Abraxan replied:

Yup, you're right, "ain't nothin easy."   :)   And yes, there are some parallels to the minister's meeting in DD's office, but things aren't necessarily the same (that would be lazy writing on my part anyway!).   Keep reading!   Glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd April 2008 6:16am

Harry should kill the board and take over HW. He is the air of Griffindor, bunch of spineless whimps ware were they when Voldi was kicking around? Thanks and see ya next time.

Abraxan replied:

Yes, he's the heir of Gryffindor, but he's also an honorable,  civilized, fairly well-mannered young man and cold-blooded murder (which is what you're suggesting) just isn't in him.   He just wants a normal life, so he'll deal with this the way any normal man would, by trying to work through the system to make things right.   Don't forget, he has Dumbledore on his side, and Dumbledore is a worthy ally.   Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan