Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Shadowangel posted a comment on Thursday 20th March 2008 12:33am

Really good chapter!
Thanks for uploading it! ^^

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 9:26pm

I normally love your chapters, but the bit about the aunt was overdone. The mummy joke was too cheesy and grossed me out a bit. It sounded too much like those gruesome murder shows that come on the TV.

I don't mean to be insulting, but I think you drifted away from your style here and it didn't work out too well.

Abraxan replied:

I'm not insulted - you have a right to your opinion.   But I base the criminals in my stories on real life as much as possible, and what happened to the aunt DOES happen to some people in real life, caused by people like that fangirl stalker.   The fangirl's behavior was also based on what happens in real life - yes, she's an extreme case, but she is NOT unrealistic, nor is the thing with the aunt.   Being a witch, I'm sure Nancy would've put some spell on the old woman's body to keep her from stinking as her body decayed, so the body would mummify or become dessicated (same kind of thing).   Cheesy? No. Real?   Yes.   Did it work?   Most of my readers seem to think so.   That's the ickiest thing in this whole book (which is complete - I'm polishing chapters as I upload them), so don't worry about such things bothering you in the future.

Abraxan

Anne B. Walsh posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 9:01pm

Gahhhh. Bad day all around, that one. Send Ginny after him, quick!

Abraxan replied:

Yup, that would probably be a good idea!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 7:52pm

Wow! I've heard of stalkers but I never imagined someone being that twisted. Poor Harry. I'm sure right now he is feeling terrified for Ginny. To think that someone so evil had decided Ginny had to die and then for Harry to learn that she had done it before and killed the man and the woman. I suspect that he has gone to Hogwarts to make sure Ginny is all right. Thank you for writing. I look forward to more of this story. pms

Abraxan replied:

As I wrote to a couple of other reviewers, I do my best to base my villains on reality.   Such things do happen in real life.   And yes, poor Harry!   At least this girl is going to be behind bars for a looooooong time!!!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 5:36pm

Ah, it's always good to see excellent police work in action and it's rewarding that Harry & Ron helped to come up with a way to trap the perp. I have to commend Harry for service above and beyond for his acting abilities - and commiserate him on his humanity on seeing just how sick that female was. If I was in his position, I think I'd go find a private place to be sick, first, and after I got cleaned up, go see if I could just cuddle with Ginny for the night as an antidote to all that sickness and to assure myself that she was in good shape and well protected. I think that I'd be a bit disturbed, too, that someone *that* crazy was after me and willing to kill my fiancee.

Abraxan replied:

Yup, you nailed how Harry's feeling right on the head.   At least he doesn't have to worry about Nancy anymore!   She's going to be locked away for a long long time.   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan, rather chuffed to hear she wrote "excellent police work"!!

LadyGuilt posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 2:53pm

Oh my! That girl was just scary. There's no other word. I had shiver running down my spine while I read the descriptions... Great job then! lol.

I do hope that Harry doesn't have another trauma out of this. He had enough goin on. The good thing is, that Ginny can relax now. I feel bad for the other people she hurt. They didn't get their happy ending...

Hope to see the next chapter soon. And must of all hope to see more Ginny!!!

Take care.

Abraxan replied:

Ooooo, I made shivers run down your spine???   COOL!!!!!!!!!!!     :D   Thanks a lot!   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan

ficfanang posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 12:05pm

Wow, what an intense scene! "Nutter" is rather an apt description, in my opinion, although "crazy bitch" would work as well. Nancy seems almost as though she could give Bellatrix LeStrange a run for her money! ...Er, galleons. :P

I'm so glad that you're updating so quickly. Do you have the outline pretty well set, or are you just making it up as you go along and the muse is being kind to you right now? Are you working on any other stories, or have any future plans for other stories and/or more in this series? I'd love to read more of your works!

Ang

Abraxan replied:

Have you read my other stories?   Refiners Fire, Time of Destiny (those two novels, which cover Harry's 6th and 7th years at Hogwarts, total over a million words - lots of good reading there!) and a bunch of ficlets that, like this one, fit into the time gap between Destiny and its epilog, are all on this site.   Just look for Abraxan's Fanfiction - you'll find it.

I never start posting a story until I've finished it.   That means the story's been finished and usually completely beta'd, and I just have to put a final polish on each chapter before uploading it.   I can't work  with outlines - they stifle me.   Usually, I will come up with characters, a situation and an ending,  and then I just watch them deal with their lives, making notes as they go down their road.   That's how I write both my HP stuff and my original novels.

I don't have plans for more HP stuff at this time - I'm busy writing original fantasy novels, the first of which is on Amazon now, and revising my nonfiction book, "Sculpting 101: A Primer for the Self-taught Artist" which should be on Amazon in April sometime, hopefully (I'm a professional sculptor - the first edition of "Sculpting 101" is completely sold out, hence the second edition!).   You can see "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" on Amazon by going here:   www.tinyurl.com/3655g8 or search on Amazon for Lynda Sappington (that's me).

I'm glad you're enjoying my story!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 11:49am

Poor Harry, I can see how that would shake him up pretty badly. Funny though, up until they saw what all was in the house, I was feeling just a bit of sympathy for her, but after, well, here's hoping she doesn't get a good lawyer and get away, because she sounds as nutters as Bella was.

Abraxan replied:

And that's EXACTLY how I wanted readers to feel about her!   A little sympathetic that she was suffering from "unrequited love" but shocked to their socks when they found out the truth about her!   COOL!   I love it when everything works out the way I wanted!!   Yes, she's as crazy as Bella.   And no, she won't get out of jail anytime soon.   You don't mess with the Hero of the Wizarding World and get away with it!!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

fallingmonkey3 posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 11:03am

Nice chapter ABraxan. That's extra creepy... It's really good that Harry and Ron and the Aurors caught the stalker before it was too late... It came close too. Seeing as she's killed a couple before... That would be bad. Great job!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!!   "Extra creepy" - COOL!   :D

Abraxan

jilumasam posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 10:59am

One loose end tied up!

Great work!

Abraxan replied:

:)   Thanks!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 9:43am

Great chapter. I can see where this would be rather disturbing to Harry. I hope he will get past it in good time. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

ficfanang posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 1:43am

Just started reading this story last night, couldn't stop reading! Awesome continuation of your Refiner's Fire Series! Love how you're continuing to flesh out the characters. Also love their interactions, both among the four main characters (Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione) and with them interacting with others. Loved the scene last chapter where they visited Godric's Hollow and had the entire village interact with them in the pub. The part where Harry discovered that he has "family" in the village brought a smile to my face. You're such a skilled story-teller. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Ang

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   If you like this, you may also like my original novel, Star Sons - Dawn of the Two, now available on Amazon.com!   Go to www.tinyurl.com/3655g8 to see a sample chapter and order it.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Shady Dareks posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 12:09pm

Whoot whoot! Another excellent chapter. Thanks, Abraxan, for your wonderful escapes from my humdrum life. It's nice to come home and see a new chapter from you. :) Great job, as usual!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   Glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

fallingmonkey3 posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 1:02pm

Awesome chapter Abraxan. It's sad that Hermione's grieving so badly though... and that she thought there was no one she could go to. I'm glad Harry found her and helped her out. Update soon!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

I based Hermione's behavior on what happens to a lot of grieving people or people who are depressed - they think nobody can help them and that adds to their depression and grief, becoming a vicious cycle.   Loving friends  can break that cycle, as Harry did here.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Abraxan

jilumasam posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 10:34am

This is coming along so nicely!

It is nice to see that Harry's healing is progressing well enough to have the capacity to help others.

Abraxan replied:

Glad you liked it!  

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 6:07am

Another fine chapter. It looks like Ron has imptoved his emotional depth past a teaspoon. I like that Harry seems to be maturing and healing a bit as well. How is Ginny doing with her losses? Maybe they should talk to Minerva, Remus or Albus about loss and recovery; they have some experience with it. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   Yes, Ron finally has more emotional depth than a teaspoon!   LOL! Ginny is made of strong stuff, and her worries for Harry's welfare have pushed her own grief into the background - she's not dwelling on it like Hermione is.   Ginny doesn't have anything to feel guilty about like Hermione does.   Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 4:39am

WOW! Great chapter!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 3:59am

That was a sweet moment there with Harry and Hermione, and can see the relationship that JKR wanted to show, but didn't, imo, in the books. Harry is doing his best for them, and while Ron was a bit jealous, considering what he heard, I can't blame him for that. Here's hoping that Hermione's family will sleep in her mind, and she'll forget (and I'll award an Interweb if you figure out the British character that said that, LOL). Here's looking forward to more of the gang next time.

Abraxan replied:

I haven't a clue who said that, sorry!     Yes, I think this is the relationship JKR intended but never really showed.   She did "story" better than "relationships" and certainly better than romance!   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!  

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 3:32am

That was a tough one but well done.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Thursday 13th March 2008 1:46am

Awesome, thank you for not drawing out a misunderstanding between Ron walking in on Hary and Hermione, this was a wonderful chapter. Keep up the good work! This has been great

Abraxan replied:

They're all grownups now, so they should be able to work out misunderstandings like this without TOO much trouble - one would hope!   :)   Glad you liked it!

Abraxan