Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Viridian posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd January 2008 9:51am

To be honest, the incident in the disguise class rather threw me. There's no way someone with PTSD that severe should be cleared for duty or even training. I know the wizarding world is rather backward about such things, but given the potential for violence, you'd think the auror trainers would be aware of the dangers. Professor Deutsch's remarks reinforce the impression that it's not unheard of.

If the PTSD flashbacks are so severe that Harry loses him sense of self enough to attack people, then frankly he needs some time off - possibly even in St. Mungos - before he has an attack when Ron isn't there to stop him and someone dies.

Not meaning to go on a diatribe here, but with this new attack, the lack of reaction from people who should know better is really hurting my suspension of disbelief. Maybe you have an intervention planned for next chapter, but Deutsch's reaction suggests not.

Abraxan replied:

You'll just have to wait and see - and bear in mind that Harry, as usual, thinks he can handle the problem and is a VERY stubborn young man!   But he'll get some help before long - just stay tuned!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd January 2008 8:16am

Poor Ginny. What an ordeal because some idiot doesn't think Ginny deserves Harry. At least Harry has skills that helped heal Ginny. Thank goodness for that! I'm glad in a way that Harry had the episode in class. Now he knows he's not the only one who has ever had the problems he is having. I hope he goes to talk to his teacher. He needs help with this situation. Thanks for writing. pms

Abraxan replied:

Yup, it's an ordeal!   But they'll get through it.   Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd January 2008 7:38am

WOW that is tough for Harry. It is to see some of the real problems of war being showen well done. Is your book out yet?

Abraxan replied:

Yes, it's tough for Harry.   My father had PTSD as a result of WWII and I've known several others who had it.   I can't see Harry going through all he did without suffering PTSD at least for a while - JKR just glossed over that.   I think it needs to be dealt with, thus "Now and Forever"!

My book will be out in a couple of weeks!!   It was going to be out next week, but there was a printing glitch.   I'll let you know as soon as it's available!!   Thanks for asking!

 

Ken Warner posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd January 2008 7:30am

PTSD just is awful isn't it?

loved having harry turn to his phoenix form to heal Ginny.

thanks for this wonderful set of chapters - they have been very enjoyable.

Abraxan replied:

Yup, my father had PTSD after WWII and I've known several others who had it.   It's a deep, interesting subject and it would be pretty unrealistic for Harry NOT to have it after all he's been through.   So we'll work through it this year, so he can go on to have a happy, healthy life.   :)

Glad you're enjoying the chapters!

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd January 2008 7:11am

Whew, Harry is having some more difficulty it seems, and just wonder what might happen if he has one of those flashes and no one's there to help him, he could go on a holy terror before all is said and done.

Looks like Ginny is going to have her own problems, and wonder what might happen if someone sends something worse, though Luna, well, she rocks as always, LOL. Can just picture her doing her spoon thing, LOL.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, Harry needs to have a good friend close at hand as much as possible, doesn't he?   Poor Harry!   And yes, I could see Luna doing the spoon thing, even hear her making the sound effects.   I like her a LOT more since seeing Evanna Lynch portray her and it's a lot easier for me to write her as a result.

Thanks for writing!

rune1806 posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 7:58am

love it, need more through please.

Abraxan replied:

You'll get more on Wednesday!   Glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

rune1806 posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 7:05am

short but a good start.

Abraxan replied:

As I've told some other readers, the chapters in "Now and Forever" will be much shorter than those in RF or ToD because I've spent the last two years learning how to write publishable fiction (and my first novel is coming out soon!).   Publishable fiction needs to be more tightly written, and there are word count requirements that need to be met for those who are new to the publishing world.   So N&F is the length of a "normal" fantasy novel, not fanfiction, and the chapters reflect that.

Glad you liked the chapter!  

Abraxan

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 2:52am

I am excited to hear about "Star Sons 1, Dawn of the Two". Can I order it from Borders? It's weird but as a fan, I feel like an insider and I can see myself bragging about knowing you as I buy the book and receive inquiries as to what I am reading. I guess my kids are right I am a 41 year old geek. As always, thank you for allowing me a few moments to escape into your world.

Abraxan replied:

Borders should be able to order it through Ingrams (the distributor most book stores use, which will have Star Sons listed as soon as it's published).   BTW, the title changed just before it went to the printers, so it's now "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" (the "1" has been removed).

You made me smile when I read about your desire to brag about knowing me when you order my book!   LOL!   Thanks a lot!  

The expected publishing date is Jan. 7, but it may be delayed - there was a glitch in the proof, from what I've heard, so it may be another week before it's available.   I'll post a notice and send out an announcement when it's published!   Thanks for your interest!

Abraxan

Manatheron posted a comment on Saturday 29th December 2007 1:46pm

A little short, but a decent interlude. Keep up the good work.

Abraxan replied:

I've spent the last two years learning to write publishable original fiction, and that's reflected in the style of "Now and Forever" - total book length is the same as a published original novel (not a JKR novel, but a "normal" fantasy novel, which runs 100,000-120,000 words in length).   Some chapters will be short - that's just the nature of a publishable-style novel which limits subplots and has tighter writing, as opposed to the way I wrote Refiners and Destiny (both of which are good reads despite being really long).

Anyway - I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

a_mere_muggle posted a comment on Thursday 27th December 2007 2:06pm

Good update!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 1:14pm

*chuckle* Methinks Harry's underestimating the problems that will arise. Since he's only engaged and not married, there will be those gals who'll be convinced they can "still win him"; he's going to need some extra personal security (wonder if Ginny can get extra credit as his personal security guard?). I'm surprised he was more upset about a calendar dedicated strictly to him, but, then, by now he -has- to be used to the nonsense. I just hope none of the fangirls try anything too aggressive when Ginny can catch them, the resulting reaction would be interesting to watch, but from a very safe distance (say a couple AU, to be safe).

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, what you said (did you read ahead???   heehee).   He was more upset about a calendar devoted to him because he thought all the team was being treated the same, and that his pictures would be part of a calendar featuring all of them.   Well, it WAS, but there were SO many great pics, they just HAD to do one of just Harry!   heehee.   A couple of AU distance for safety, huh?   Yeah, probably so!   LOL!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 11:48am

Good chapter. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

ccmullins posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 10:27am

Great job. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Charles

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 9:55am

Oh boy, looks like Harry is likely to have some trouble coming for him soon. Neat the way that he reacted with Ginny, and with her temper, has to be tough to deal at times. Looking forward to what happens next time.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, they both have tempers!   Fortunately, they turn them on each other very rarely!!

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 7:48am

Thanks for the X-MAS gift I hope your holiday went well.

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed it!   Christmas was wonderful here, thanks!   Hope yours was as well!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 26th December 2007 6:24am

This is a good chapter. I like the beginning.
Harry going for the snitch! Too bad they had to lose but you can't win them all. The calendar is fun. I'm sorry Ginny was upset but she has a point. This is going to draw more attention to Harry and he hardly needs more attention! Thanks for writing. pms

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

jupimako posted a comment on Friday 21st December 2007 2:14am

yay!!! i really love this fic <3. it's so awesome that you've kept it going for so long XD. i can't wait to read more.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!!!

Abraxan

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Friday 21st December 2007 1:03am

Great chapter I'm suprised Harry didn't blow something up like maybe a fan girl. I definately can't see him being thrilled about the photo shoot.

Can't wait to see more!

Rob

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, he had to work hard to avoid blowing something up!   Glad you enjoyed the chapter!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Decumo9 posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 3:57pm

It was a nice surprise to see you come out with a new story, as the it has been a while since you wrote the last one. A pleasant surprise indeed. I also read your original novel excerpt and it was very good. Keep up the good work.

Abraxan replied:

It's been a while because I've been busy writing original novels (two now - the first one will be published soon, YAY!).   And then I had to write "Now and Forever" before I could start uploading it - I never start uploading until a fic is either completely finished or very nearly there.   This one   had three scenes for me to write when I started uploading it.   The second half of N&F is at the betas now, so progress is being made!

I'm glad you're enjoying N&F and that you liked the sample chapter of Star Sons!   An announcement will be sent out when "Star Sons" is available for purchase, which will be in a couple of weeks or so now.   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

LadyGuilt posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 4:22am

Oh poor Harry. At least he was just half naked and they didn't try to put him in just his boxers or a swiming trunk. That could have been bad!

Great chapter this one. I was sad to see that his and Ginny's enconter was so short. I just love them together. They are perfect for each other.

Anyway, like I said wonderful chapter. You have done a really good job so far. I'm looking foward to read more.

Take care.

Abraxan replied:

heehee - as Harry said, they COULD have wanted him to take his kit off altogether!! (Nude pics of the famous Harry Potter!!!!!   THEY'D sell like hotcakes, wouldn't they??)   Poor Harry, I have such fun tormenting him!   But I do have my limits . . .   ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!   Harry and Ginny will have more time together in future chapters!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan