Content Harry Potter

Reviews

DJ posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 2:21am

Good I thought there was going to be blood on the walls when they wanted Harry to take off his shirt. It was funny to read well done.

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL!   Why didn't I think of that???   ("blood on the walls")   heeheehee!!!   Oh yeah, Harry's TRYING to put the war behind him and not hex people so often, bless him!   Glad you enjoyed it!   This chapter was GREAT fun to write!!   :D

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Thursday 20th December 2007 2:12am

Man, I really feel for Harry in this part, he really is trying hard, but the way things are going, I can see him blowing up big time. Glad to see he got a moment of downtime, but it seems more and more like he's going to be dissappearing in the future.

Abraxan replied:

Disappearing in the future?   What do you mean?   If you read the other ficlets and the epilogue to "Destiny," you can see he didn't disappear!   :)   But yeah, it's amazing he didn't blow up.   Perhaps our boy is growing up?   :D   Could be!

Abraxan

Asad posted a comment on Wednesday 19th December 2007 10:40pm

Wonderful chapter, as usual. :D

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a bunch!!

Abraxan

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Saturday 15th December 2007 6:23pm

Gah! It's hard to believe it's been almost three years since I started RF. I'm glad to see you writing fanfic again. I've missed it. ^_^

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   Nice to see you again, too!   Keep an eye out for my original novel, "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" coming soon on Amazon.com!

Abraxan

ccmullins posted a comment on Thursday 13th December 2007 11:21am

Thanks for the addition to the story. I look forward to the next chapters. Your hard work is appreciated. On your original works, have they been published, if so where can I find them. I would have no problem to pay for original work.
Thanks
Charles

Abraxan replied:

Thanks so much for your kind words and enthusiasm!   And the book will cost $19.95 and will be on Amazon.com for a while before hitting any bookstores - ordering on Amazon is the fastest way to get it ONCE IT'S AVAILABLE (soon now!)

I'll send out a notice to my readers when the novel is available, and will include a notice in the chapter uploaded that and subsequent weeks, as well!   Thanks for your interest!

Abraxan

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Thursday 13th December 2007 4:43am

Wow awesome to see you back writing in the ToD universe. I can't wait for the next chapter!!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

tofufu posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 8:10pm

Thanks heaps for the new chapter! I absolutely looove Time of Destiny, and I am so excited that you're writing more!

Abraxan replied:

Good to hear!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

IceBlades posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 4:35pm

Only stay in hospital? hmm, that is cool. I'm thinking that Harry could use a cut back from something. I am willing to bet it wont be teaching. Maybe Auror training. He has already saved the Wizarding World once, does he need to keep doing it? No use what ifing this story, you already have it down. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Abraxan replied:

Harry liked the fact that he only had to be in the hospital once too!   :D   And thanks for not "what if-ing" me!   Yeah, I do have it down!   You'll see what happens as the story unfolds!   Thanks for writing!

00_Knight posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 2:16pm

While I honestly love your work,you've practically killed this story with your 2 main stories then your multiple extra background stories... I mean you've taken almost a full year to do your other things, and I respect that, without a new storyline for your HP fanfiction! This is leftovers 24/7/365.

While this is a decent read, and I'll continue to read it, its become a cliche.

Abraxan replied:

I have no intention of creating a new storyline for my HP fanfics!   There's no reason to!   I like the world I've created and I'll continue to fil in the blank spaces in the story when I feel like it.    My focus is on my original novels now.   I just wrote this one to fulfill a promise to my readers.

If you don't loike it, don't read it.

Abraxan

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 1:37pm

I think this is the shortest chapter you have ever written.

Abraxan replied:

It may be!   I suspect I'm gonna need to create a basic reply to this question, because I''m already answering it a LOT.

I've spent the time I've been away from fanfic learning how to write publishable novels.   N&F is the length of a real, published novel, and the chapters tell me how long they're going to be.   This one said all it needed to, and that's where it ended.   My focus now is on my original novels, the first of which will be published soon.   I wrote N&F to fulfill a promise I made to my readers (to write a fic showing H&G's wedding).   I didn't intend for it to become a chaptered fic, but it grew into a novel, which is fine.   But it's pacing and style are those of a well-edited, well-written published novel.   RF and ToD were great fun to write and I used them to stretch my writing muscles, but I followed every possible subplot because I wanted to and it was fun.   But now that the war's over, Harry's life is much simpler, and there just aren't that many sub-plots to follow, nor do I want to pull the focus off of the hero of the story, Harry Potter.  

So that's my rambling answer to why my chapter is short.   Some others will be short, but I think this one's the shortest.   Others will be much longer.   It all depends on where they feel like breaking.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan

Jujuberry posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 12:59pm

Wow, only one hospital visit? I kid, I kid. I love this chapter- an honest Harry with visitors who love him and only want what's best for him. So lovely.

Hopefully he'll be able to get rid of these bad dreams!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   Yeah, Harry being honest is a shock in itself, isn't it?   :)   Glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

LadyGuilt posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 6:37am

Well it's nice to see that you continue with this amazing world you have created.

The story so far is really interesting and I'm looking foward to read more.

Good job and take care.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Abraxan

Amamama posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 12:38am

Instead of screaming I'll say - Yay! Hospital again! *snort* Sorry, Ab, just couldn't resist. Good thing Harry's problems were unveiled, now he might actually get some help (and he's not the only soldier with survivor's guilt and nightmares about war). And how nice to have a story where Remus and Tonks are both alive. And Dumbledore... *happy sigh*

Cheers!

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL!   Yeah, I do have quite a few readers who just love the hospital visits!!   heehee.   And yes, survivor's guilt and nightmares about the war are common - my father had PTSD after WWII (when it was called "Shell Shock" from riding two B-17s to the ground the hard way and walking away unscathed (one time from behind enemy lines!).   I think it's important for people to understand that Harry ISN'T a superhero (bless him!) and suffers just like "normal" people - hence the PTSD, which anyone in his position would suffer.

Yeah, it's nice to get back into my world where Tonks, Remus and Dumbledore are still alive!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

CRose posted a comment on Wednesday 12th December 2007 12:36am

An interesting start.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

DJ posted a comment on Tuesday 11th December 2007 10:48pm

Well tour AN: took the words right out of my mouth. LOL But you are right it was a good reson and as aways you write it well and can not wait to see what happens next.

Abraxan replied:

heh - took the words right out of your mouth, eh?   Yeah, that's why I wrote it!   LOL!   I'm glad you understand it was for a good reason!

Abraxan

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Tuesday 11th December 2007 8:57pm

Good chapter.

I read the Star Sons sample chapter, it's great, reads as well as any fantasy novel and has great potential. So you're writing about a sub-society in a world very much like our own? Or is everyone aware of magic, just Jake and Ethan are more powerful? I really look forward to reading the finished book. When does it come out? I searched on Amazon.com, but it wasn't up yet.

Abraxan replied:

Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Star Sons takes place in OUR world, but as is true in OUR world, there are segments of the population the rest of us just don't recognize, realize are there, etc.   Only magical people are aware of magic in my world, and yes, Jake and Ethan are much more powerful than other magical people.   Nope, the book isn't on Amazon.com yet - it will be out in January for sure, but I'm hoping for a "soft release" yet in December!   I'll send out a notice when it's available!   Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 11th December 2007 5:02pm

I am enjoying your new story. Harry is so stubbern and of course he was raised to not have any expectation that any one would help him and he can't look week with his public persona. He has many obstacles to overcome. I bet it will be interesting to observe. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Yes, he grew up expecting no help at all and taking care of himself because he had to.   I don't think he worries about his public persona, actually, but yeah, he has a lot to overcome.   I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Orion posted a comment on Tuesday 11th December 2007 4:17pm

In a strange way, I always liked that you sent Harry to the hospital periodically. I've not read any of the first 4 books in a few years, but I seem to remember that at least one or two trips were hardly irregular. I also liked in your previous fics that the plots to kill harry, while certainly not successful, were sometimes fairly close. You've been good enough in writing those that there were times I actually wondered if, just maybe, Harry might not pull through. An enjoyable change from the norm.

Anyway, not terribly much to say about this chapter. Good Job.

Abraxan replied:

COOL!   My objective was to keep the reader guessing, to keep you guys worried about poor Harry, but mostly to show the realities of his situation.   People were out to KILL him, and many times came close.   Not showing hospital scenes, or letting him get well too quickly (without suffering the effects of whatever had been done to him) would've been the height of unreality.    I much prefer fantasies that have a realistic enough basis to be BELIEVABLE, which is why I write the way I do.  

Glad you enjoyed the chapter!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Ken Warner posted a comment on Friday 7th December 2007 8:46am

thanks for the update, both here and on your upcoming novel - I want to pre-order it.

Just wanted to let you know that my 12 yr old is on her 3rd re-read of this universe, and loves it every time, as i do.

thanks

Abraxan replied:

Thanks so much on all counts!   So you don't think my stories are too "racy" for your 12-year-old?   I was very cautious in how I rated them, but I've wondered if I was overly cautious.   I've had some reviewers who were 13 and their parents gave them free rein with my R-rated stories.  

Ordering info for "Star Sons" will be on www.whspubs  as soon as it's available.   Thanks for your interest, and for your kind words about my stories!

Abraxan

Meg posted a comment on Wednesday 5th December 2007 3:05pm

Great "first" chapter! I was able to pick back up from ToD without rereading, as you included just enough to tickle my memory without making this whole chapter a recap.

Very interested in seeing where this goes.

Thanks much,

Meg

Abraxan replied:

Yay!   Yeah, I hoped the references from ToD and "Beginnings" (which may be in a future chapter,  I don't remember) would be enough to refresh the reader's mind without belaboring anything.   Glad it worked for you! And I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Did you notice in my author's   note that my original novel, "Star Sons: Dawn of the Two" will be published soon?   You can read a sample chapter at www.whspubs.com.   I think my fanfic readers will enjoy it!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan