Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Roya jaferi posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 2:47pm

loved the story. write more of these kind. please

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but if you want to read more of my writing, you'll have to buy "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" and then watch for its sequels on Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com.   I'll be concentrating on original writing for the forseeable future.   If a HP story bites me on the nose, I'll write it, but I can't write in two worlds at once - my brain just won't work that way (I've tried).

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 2:38pm

Congratulations on finishing your story and on Star Sons. The sad part for me is that it will probably be a while before you post something. I'm guessing that sooner or later you will revisit Harry and Co. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks on both counts!   I'll be busy revising and polishing the second Star Sons book for a while, and then I have to write the third one, which I believe will complete that saga - at least for a while!   And I have other original stories knocking on the back door of my brain, so I'll have to give them a chance to emerge too.   If Harry knocks on that door with an interesting story idea, I'll write it, but for now, I'm concentrating on original stuff.  

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Carol Layland posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 1:57pm

Ah, well all good things must come to an end and I will look forward to the next story to come from you imagination. Carol

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!   The next story to come from my imagination is the second Star Sons book, which HOPEFULLY will be published next year!   Keep an eye out for it!   I'm glad you enjoyed N&F!

Abraxan

SassyFrass posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 1:13pm

What a great end. I loved that Harry and Ginny got the twins the Humu shirts.
It's nice that Harry has finally relaxed some, and that he is starting to accept Ginny's help for his issues, and that he is starting to get over them.
Anything else you want to give us in this universe would be lovely, but this was a great end.

Abraxan replied:

I'm so glad you liked it!   Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

jilumasam posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 1:08pm

Oh man what a wonderful story. Thank you so much for it.

Lizzy :)

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much!

Abraxan

cheryse posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 11:31am

This was a really fun read. Thank you for sharing it with us. I hope that you plan to continue writing in this wonderful universe that you've created. It's a joy!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   I actually consider the Refiner's Fire story to be pretty well told - I don't see a need for more stories in this universe (at the moment, anyway), since I've reached my goal of getting Harry to "happily ever after."   And I'm busy with original fiction.   I have one novel that's already published and a second that's currently being revised and polished to get it ready for publication next year.   Look on any N&F chapter and you'll see how to find my novel, "Star Sons - Dawn of the Two" on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other sites.   Or you can copy the ISBN number, title and author's name and go to any bookstore and get them to order it from their distributor.   It's available in the US, the UK and Europe - and I have readers in Australia and other countries who've gotten it too.   I hope you enjoy Star Sons as much as you did Refiners and its related stories!

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 10:06am

Well. it's sad to see this story end, even if allstoreis must, but it's a good warp-up of an ending and ties things off neatly. I loved the things they shared with family. I wonder if Harry might suggest to Amelia that the DMLE might find it worthwhile to investigate how what the non-magicals have learned about PTSD might be applied to wizards? I can see the suggestion being made but without "horsepower" behind it, I can see traditional wizarding blindness greatly hindering anything from happening to actually learn something new.

Bravo for an enjoyable story, well told.

Abraxan replied:

I imagine he'll talk to Marcus about what he learned about treating PTSD and Marcus will find ways to implement those techniques into wizarding medicine.   Marcus is an open-minded kinda guy for a wizard.

I'm glad you enjoyed my story!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 8:43am

Grate work thnks for filling in all the detail I will miss my fix of your work. I hope you post an update when the sequel sometime in early 2009 comes out. Maybe find something for Harry et al to do later on I hope the Muse strikes and you post it thanks again.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!   I'll post info about SS2 being published when it happens!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 7:43am

Many thanks for the beatiful story! It was wonderful to see Harry and the others like this! :)

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 13th July 2008 9:18pm

I like the letter from Minister Bones. Good chapter. I like the idea of the freeing of the house elves especially. Good to see Harry feeling better too. More please.

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you liked it!   Thanks a lot!   There's one chapter left and then N&F is finished!

Abraxan

Wolfric posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 7:10pm

Well I guess they are more dedicated students than I ever was. I would never have come home early from my honeymoon in Hawaii to do school work. Thanks for writing. W.

Abraxan replied:

Me either!   But they HAVE been married for a while already - and they both have a lot of work to do as "holiday homework" so their choice makes sense, especially with Ginny so nearly finished with Hogwarts.

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 5:36pm

This is really good. I can understand why Ginny suggested an early end to their stay in Maui. A vacation is wonderful. New places to see and experience are fun but for rest and relaxation there is no place like home. The wedding gifts are a surprise to Harry and Ginny but a lot of people feel very thankful for all he has done. It is a small token of the esteem many hold for Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione. I can really appreciate how thankful the elves are with Harry's intervention on their part. The young elf couple he met at the ministry showed him a wrong that needed to be fixed. He told the right person and got results. I'm sure the elves are even more appreciative than Hermione is. Setting new wards around their home to keep people from walking in unanounced is really good. Yes, Grimald place was the head quarters for the order but now it is Harry and Ginny's home and should be respected as such. I love the way you weave their personal lives into making important changes in their world. Thank you so much for adding to your universe! I look forward to more of this story. pms

Abraxan replied:

Thank you for a lovely review!   Yes, I weave their personal lives into making important changes in their world, as you said, because whether they WANT to be or not, they're very important people in their world, Harry, in particular.   I wanted to show that he's learning how to use the influence he has to help those who are less fortunate in his world.   He has a kind and generous heart, bless him, and an humble one.   He never wanted any of the celebrity or honors that have come his way, but he's found a way to make his celebrity and honors useful to those in need, and that's a wonderful thing.

You only have one more chapter to look forward to!   I'm glad you're enjoying the story!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Ltank687 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 1:26pm

Thank goodness. Finally back to England.

Don't get me wrong, I really love most of your stories, but for some reason, be-it the fluff in general, I can't seem to get through your chapters this story. Don't mean to be rude, but this novella isn't comparable, in my humble opinion, or your other works.

That being said, I look forward to what your story will bring, now that they are finally back in England.

~Nick

Abraxan replied:

This story is the denoument of the entire Refiners saga.   The wartime stories were full of action and adventure.   This is a  "Harry learning to live in peacetime and deal with his PTSD" story, which will lead to "happily ever after" for him, as much as possible, anyway.   It was never intended to be an action/adventure, but more of a love story and with the "quieter" but still difficult conflict of Harry's PTSD and the fangirl problem.   Sorry it hasn't been to your taste, but this is where I intended to take the series all along - showing Harry learning to live in peace for the first time in his life.   If you know any soldiers who've been in combat, you may know that the adjustment from combat status to "relaxed at home" status is a difficult one to make.   After what Harry's been through in his life, I thought it was important to include this segment of his life.

Abraxan

jilumasam posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 12:27pm

Another nice little chapter!!!

All those wedding presents...still I think the best one is the progress on the House Elves....

Lizzy :)

Abraxan replied:

Yup - I think that's the best one too!   Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

cheryse posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 5:25am

I was wondering what Harry and Ginny were going to do for privacy. Everyone always seemed to just walk right into their house. Too bad about Dobby, but his slavery was only a technicality anyway. Great job and thank you for sharing. I've really been enjoying this series.

Abraxan replied:

People just coming by at odd times  can be a real problem for young marrieds until their family and friends realize they're a young MARRIED couple and deserve their privacy!!   So I thought I'd touch on that problem just a bit with this chapter, to show Harry and Ginny are no different than a lot of other newlyweds in that regard!   Glad you liked it!   And yeah, Dobby's still a slave, but if he were free, he'd want to work for Harry, so he's happy with his life.   I'm glad you're enjoying my stories!    Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th July 2008 2:17am

Fun part there, from the two of them deciding to go home early, to Hermione and Ron getting their own surprise and the letter from Ami, a fun part here, and going to be interesting to see the return of Ginny and Harry to Hogwarts.

Abraxan replied:

I hate to disappoint you, but this story ends with the next chapter, and that chapter doesn't take them back to Hogwarts.   Glad you enjoyed this chapter!

Abraxan

cheryse posted a comment on Sunday 6th July 2008 2:15pm

Short, but very sweet.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks!

Abraxan

LoneWolf282 posted a comment on Sunday 6th July 2008 10:06am

I've really enjoyed this series (I guess rereading the ENTIRE series 3 times qualifies as enjoying it!). I hope you continue it longer, because you've really captured the flow of how I imagine their lives would progress.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!!   When this story ends   (2 more chapters), I think the Refiners Fire saga will probably be complete.   The "next" story in it would be the epilogue stuff from ToD when Harry meets Petunia in London and Ginny's about to have the first set of twins.   I have another original novel to polish for publication (the second Star Sons novel) and the third to get written and a bunch of other stuff to work on for now.   People have asked me about writing about other characters, but Harry's my guy - unless another Harry story bites me on the nose, I'm gonna be hanging out with Ethan and Jake (the Star Sons) for a while.

I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories!   Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 4th July 2008 4:56am

Again this time an enforced pause to say how much I'm enjoying this. I really like the way you're dealing with Harry's PTSD without turning it into a really dark fic. You keep the humour going even when things are pretty grim for him. Nice petty bureaucrats too! You're writing Maui well too. Good story as always. More please. I've really enjoyed reading this.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks very much!   There are two more chapters and then the story is done!   I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Abraxan

Aberbadger posted a comment on Friday 4th July 2008 4:48am

RE: PIssed Definition...

How's about going around the membership list and get a list of different countries' euphamisms for getting drunk...?

I'll start...

UK

Pissed, Smashed, Hammered, Ratted (Short for "Rat-Arsed"(!!!)), High (nowadays usually wirh reference to drugs, but is still used for alcohol too), Wasted, Sh*t-faced...

Your turn :)