Content Harry Potter

Reviews

solar1 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 8:02am

what a wonderful story! You did a great work! thank you so much

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

Ricky posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 7:37am

The 2 stories that you've wrote have been Awesome; Any ideas on another set of Stories you could write

Abraxan replied:

Yup - the next "set of stories" I'm writing are original novels, hero-quest magical fantasy stories similar to Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. I think it could easily become a series. I'm hard at work on the first novel now. When (not "if" - thinking positively here!) the ordering info is available, I'll post it on all the sites hosting my stories. Glad you liked them! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

piad2691 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 7:00am

Well, what do I do now ???
There are no more story to read. Maybe I could start all over with R.F. again ?

I do hope you shake more stories out of your sleeve.
--------------------------------------------
Mange tak for tiden foran skærmen. Det har været meget underholdende.

Abraxan replied:

You'll just have to start all over with RF, I guess! I'm busy working on an original novel now. No more HP novels, although I might do short stories from time to time when I need a break from the novels. Glad you enjoyed the stories!

Abraxan

Guðmundur Hrannar Úlfarsson posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 6:13am

So here ends the wonderful world of The Refiner's Fire, we all knew this time would come but are still sad cause of it, i was almost in tears.

I just hope this will not be your final pice of writing and we can enjoy your fantasic storys for a long while yet...

Abraxan replied:

It isn't my final piece of writing, far from it. I wrote these two as a way of loosening up my fiction muscles to try to do something original for "real life" publishing. I'm hard at work now on my original novel, "Star Sons," which could easily become a series. It's a hero-quest magical fantasy type story like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. I'll post ordering info when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) it's available!

Glad you enjoyed my fics! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Ron posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:45am

Your two books are what a good novel should be. Action, adventure, emotion and a happy ending.

Your writing is fantastic, grammar, spelling and punctuation are excellent. The plot takes off smoothly and within the context of the magical world, is believable. There is enough angst and tragedy to draw the reader into the book, without becoming overwhelming.

Good job! and thanks so much for a wonderful read!

Abraxan replied:

And thanks so much for a wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed the stories!

Abraxan

violetsky33 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:39am

Excellent story! I love how you portray Harry's character. I hope that you write more Harry Potter stories.

VioletSky33

Abraxan replied:

I just LOVE Harry. I have some HP short stories in mind that I will try to write when I need breaks from the original novel I'm currently working on, which is aimed at real-life publication. Glad you liked the stories! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Bells posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:30am

i like the ending. it ties up so many loose ends! wonderful! i've thoroughly enjoyed keeping up with this story the whole way through. I started reading about halfway through refiner's fire, and have stuck with you ever since. In case you were wondering, my FFn name is its a spoon. so i have been here.

just wonderful.
i can't stop smiling right now!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Abraxan

Rettet181 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:20am

And it's finally over. I must say I immensly enjoyed reading these delightfully long stories. The death of Voldemort was quite original; I haven't read about "refining" the evil out of him before. You have a gift for created perfectly believable and delighful characters, as well as writing the existing characters develpoment extremely well.

Harry was true to form and grew up exactly as I would have expected him to, and it was truly a delight to see him finally get his family and happiness. I always favored the stories where he ends up Headmaster, so thanks for that. Ginny has always been one of my favorites, and you have portrayed her perfectly in my opinion. The funny thing is she's exactly what I look for in a girl... No wonder I like her so much.

Hermione is a born author, and it was a nice twist for her to be J.K. Rowling (which is what I'm assuming her psuedoname is right?). Perhaps Harry's real name is Hal Pipping and he couldn't believe he was going to be referred to as Harry Potter... You never know I guess. Ron would make an excellent Minister, and I'm happy with the way he turned out. In all honesty he is usually one of my least like characters, but he matured very well in this story.

I'm glad Dumbledore got a family. If anyone needed one it was him. After so many years of living alone at the top of the heirarchy, he finally is surrounded by tons of loving children, exactly what he needed to find his happiness.

Getting rid of Malfoy with a scourgify was a great twist. I loved that part lol. I'm also glad you got Snape and Harry past their feud. Snape is a complex character, and I'm glad he got over his own flaws to see Harry as he truly is. Even after HBP I still like his character (We all know he killed DD on his orders right?).

The children were a delight to read. They were well-crafted characters with believable personalities, and Jamie and Siri's reactions to their first year is something that I'm sure occurs with many children of famous people (That's a burden I'm glad I don't have...).

All in all, you did an excellent job. This is one of my favorites to the date, so you better not stop writing at this! I'll be waiting for your announcement for you next story. Write a time-traveling AU or something like Nightmare's of Future's Past by Viridian or Fate's Debt by Intromit, you could put together a great one I'm sure.

Ok well now that I've written a review longer then the last chapter, I'll shut up. Thanks for the great story, I loved it.

Abraxan replied:

The idea of "refining" the evil out of Voldemort came from my background as a Christian and as a sculptor and jewelry designer. There's a Biblical passage about "the refiner's fire" (you can look it up if you want) refining the dross from the spirit. And in metallurgy, the "dross" is refined from metal to purify it so it can be used as jewelry, sculpture, etc. So the idea came to me as the best way to defeat Voldemort - refining the evil out of him, leaving only the empty shell that's all that remains of him since he was mostly created by evil means.

I'm glad you like the way I matured the characters - and NO, Harry's name isn't really "Hal Pipping"!! LOL! Glad you like Hermione as JK Rowling - that seemed quite logical to me.

Yes, I thought Dumbledore deserved to live out his later years surrounded by a happy brood of lively, loving children. Harry provided that for him quite nicely. Glad you liked that!

Glad you liked how I "cleansed" the world of Malfoy! LOL! And yes, I see Snape as a very complex and intriguing character. I liked how things turned out between him and Harry - I hope JKR is as kind to him! And yes, I think Snape killed DD on DD's orders too, despite how horrible it was in every way.

I'm glad you liked the children, and that Jamie and Siri's reactions seemed realistic to you! I think a lot of children don't believe their parents were ever interesting or heroic - I wanted the Potter and Weasley kids to see Harry in full-blown hero mode at least once when all of them are old enough to remember it (of course, Harry's little ones didn't SEE what happened, but they'll surely hear enough about it! Too bad nobody thought to film that battle with the dragon. . .ah well, something else for Dan to star in when he's older, a movie of that battle! LOL!)

I'm so glad you enjoyed my story - and I LOVED your long review! - but I'm working on an original novel aimed at real-life publication now, not a HP story. I want to see if I can actually be PAID for my writing!! This is a hero-quest magical fantasy like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. It could easily become a series, and it isn't aimed at children, although I'm not sure yet how hard I'm going to pushe for an "R" rated fic. Time will tell as I get into writing it more. Anyway, I'll post ordering info on here when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) it's available! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:12am

Coulda sworn you killed Colin off...

Abraxan replied:

Nope, Harry saved his life in RF, remember?

Abraxan

carolinakitty posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:10am

I actually enjoyed the fact that Harry made more than peace with the Dursley's. To be truthful, I thought he would have sent a note and left it at that. I'm glad you gave them a happier ending.
As for your stories - they're a work of art. I'm not too diligent with reviews, but I waited, sometimes impatiently, lol, for each and every chapter. It was well worth the wait.
~Caliko

Abraxan replied:

I'm glad you liked how I resolved the various threads of the stories! As for the reviews - better late than never! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

mascot08 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 4:03am

Hey, is that thew end of everything? SniffSniff, I loved your stories so much, It was making my days look up you know.
I hope you are planing to write other long stories, cause you are one of the best writer ever posible.
I love your work.
Mascot08
Ps: If one day you plan on writting another story, could you please send me a mail at mascot08@hotmail.fr so I know tou look out for your story. Love you and your stories. Mascot08

Abraxan replied:

To keep track of my stories, add me to your "favorite authors" list. I can't send individual emails to all the folks who want updates on my stories - I'd never have time to write!! LOL!

I'm glad you enjoyed my fics! I'm planning to write other long ones, but they're original fics aimed at real-life publication, not fanfics. I want to see where this talent can take me, so I'm going for it! My novel is a hero-quest magical fantasy like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. I think it could easily become a series - I'd like that, since I fall in love with my characters and don't want to leave them! I'll put ordering info on all the sites that host my stories when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) the novel is available for purchase!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 7th March 2006 11:44pm

Hi, this is a review of chapter 36 because I haven't signed on Facfiction. net. Every time I have tried it didn't work so here goes.
I love the way you wrapped up this story. You have a great flow of story line. I look forward to more fan fiction and also to any books of your own that you may decide to write. Please keep me posted on whatever you have coming out. Thank you for writing!!!

I really appreciate your tallents.
pms

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I won't be writing more fanfic for a while because I'll be concentrating on my novel - but when I need a break from it, I'll probably do a short story with Harry - I miss him already, bless his cute little dimpled chin! I'll keep you guys posted on anything I have published! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 7:09am

This was so much more relaxing than previous chapters.

Your character development from the beginning of the Refiners Fire till now have been superb. Well, okay, Draco didn't change much, no wait, he did change. He went from bullpie to cowpie.

You've done so well and made so many people happy. Recieving two great stories to read is a gift of great value. Thank you so much.

ps I am going to order a t-shirt and if anyone ever knows what it is I will do something nice for them, and let you know too.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you SO MUCH! Character development was very important to me in these fics. I felt Harry had a lot of growing up and maturing as both a man and a wizard to do before he'd be strong enough to defeat Voldemort. If he ISN'T magically and emotionally mature and strong when he faces him (in JKR's books), then if he does manage to defeat Voldie, it will be by, as McGonagall would say, "pure, dumb luck!" I don't think that's fair to Harry, who IS working hard to develop his skills in canon -- JKR just didn't give him much of a chance in HBP. I couldn't believe Dumbledore WASTED those private tutoring sessions with the visits to the Pensieve. He could've done that AND defensive and offensive spells, seems to me. argh. And that's just one of my gripes with HBP - if it had been published before my stories were written, I probably wouldn't have written them, it messed with my mind so badly.

Oooo, I look forward to your t-shirt order! And yeah, it would be great fun to meet someone who knows what it is! Kelpie (my Brit-picker) says she's going to wear hers when we meet for the first time in England in May - I guess I'll wear mine too so she'll know who I am!

Thanks for the lovely review!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 7:06am

This was so much more relaxing than previous chapters.

Your character development from the beginning of the Refiners Fire till now have been superb. Well, okay, Draco didn't change much, no wait, he did change. He went from bullpie to cowpie.

You've done so well and made so many people happy. Recieving two great stories to read is a gift of great value. Thank you so much.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you so much! What a nice review! And yeah, Draco DID change that way, didn't he? LOL! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 5:12am

You can't, at least shouldn't, do anything else bad to Harry. Ginny should tell him to stay home and take care of the children. Then pop a few out.

Abraxan replied:

Hey, she still has a year of school to go before she can pop out any babies, and sensible people (IMO) wait a few years to start popping out babies because once they're HERE, the couple is NEVER alone again. So to build a good marriage they need 3-5 years of "just us" before babies enter the picture. So no baby "popping" for a while for Harry and Ginny! ;->

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 4:29am

I thought everything a going to be hunky dory, then Harry was struck down again. Yikes! I'm almost afraid to read the next chapter. Almost.

Abraxan replied:

LOL! Just keep your seat belt fastened, you'll be fine!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 2:20am

"His nose was a hacked off ruin. His face bore innumerable scars and wounds. He was so thin, his robes engulfed him like a shroud."

Oh my God! You killed Michael Jackson.

That was another super emotional chapter. I should have stock in Puffs.

I feel I can take a deep breath now.

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL!!!! Yeah, that's what happened! He killed Michael Jackson!! YIKES! too funny. . .

Yup, I've had a lot of folks say they needed at least a case of tissues for the latter chapters in Destiny. . .keep them close at hand!

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 1:11am

You sell t-shirts too!

That was the most emotional chapter. My heartstrings are all streched out.

You actually made me care about Percy.

Abraxan replied:

YES I sell t-shirts too! Due to popular demand from my readers, many of whom said they wished they had a Lions jersey, I created the Lions logo and am selling t-shirts! Please order one or more (your entire family needs them, right?? :-D) OOoo, I made you care about Percy! YAY! THanks for the nice review! Now where's that t-shirt order??? ;->

Abraxan

Rocky235 posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 12:22am

The Ministry meeting scene was good. Unfortunatly, I believe all governments to be as corupt as the one you painted. You probably had too many honest people at the meeting anyway.

If JKR wrote as well as you I'd look forward to her next book.

Abraxan replied:

I don't believe governments are totally corrupt (not ours, at least), although there are corrupt people in probably every government. Great power leads to great temptation and some folks just don't have the strength of character to resist that temptation and REMEMBER that they're there to serve THE PEOPLE, not their own agenda! And that's the end of my political rant for the day, LOL!

Thanks for the nice compliment on my writing! I appreciate it! And I'm a bit worried about her next book too, since HBP was so . . . whatever it was! argh. . . . I read from some folks ("critics" and "experts") that it's her best work ever, so I wonder what's wrong with ME that I really don't like it much? It was a fun read in some parts, and quite unsettling in others, and left me feeling as if it was only half a book - where's the other half? Still simmering in her head, I suppose, in the form of book 7. *sigh* Oh well, I rarely agree with critics' opinions on films or books anyway (a movie with an "A" rating USUALLY is one my hubby and I won't enjoy, while we eat up those rated "B" and "C," LOL!) Ah well, that's enough of my opinions for one post! LOL!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

PhiloWorm posted a comment on Sunday 5th March 2006 6:12pm

Actually you didn't miss that review, I just managed to put it up twice. Anyway I found this chapter incredibly good and I sure do hope that your original novells will carry the same fantastic sense of humor and awesome writing style. Not that I have any doubts mind you but it can't hurt to be cautious right?

I'm looking forwardd to the rest of the epilogue and cannot wait for it's release.

Abraxan replied:

I'm TRYING to have the same sense of humor and style in the original novel as I had in these stories - it's coming along fairly nicely so far, but I'm stuck for a name for the bad guy and something for magical people to use as a term for non-magical people (like "Muggle" but NOT "Muggle"). Suggestions are welcome!

Oh, you put that review up twice? Okay, that explains it then, I guess! I do try to answer all of them!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan