Content Harry Potter

Reviews

ridmania posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd November 2005 7:49am

that was an awesome chapter!!! i loved it!! keep up the great work!!! i wonder where harrys going? godrics hollow? merlins place? another country?come on don't leave us like this lol!!! keep up the great work you bloody legend!!!

Matt T posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd November 2005 12:26pm

AAGH!! I started reading The Refiners Fire several days ago when unwell, and since then i have been absolutely engrossed! Your charaterization is at times better than JK's, and at the least is more consistent and believable for teenagers. If you continue this quality of writing, then I will be mysteriously ill every update. Of course if you don't, I'll feel obliged to hunt you down and subject you to every torture my twisted little mind can come up with. Take all the time you need to keep up the good work!

Wooster posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd November 2005 10:55am

aw...sorry. i love fluffy stuff, not afraid to admit it. harry with long hair...love it. and i always figured mrs. weasley was where fred and george got their pranks prowess. (dung though...wow. brilliant!) well, i have to go now...but i'm addicted to this story now, so be sure i'll be reading the rest of this before the week is out!

Wooster posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd November 2005 9:14am

That was fantastic! Sooooo cool! Romania is spelled that way in Britain? Really? Huh...I wonder why it isn't in my books? (I own two copies of each, British and American (as well as the first in French), simply b/c I find it interesting...and because the British used to be released before the American and I couldn't wait...) Your story is simply great and I think your interpretation of Petunia is very believable. I always wished we'd learn a little more about the Dursleys...

Wooster posted a comment on Monday 21st November 2005 2:56pm

fantastic fanfic! this is really interesting...and good. i haven't read its prequel, i will if i get to confused, but it's so well written i don't think i'll need to just yet. can't wait to read more!

patrik svensson posted a comment on Monday 21st November 2005 2:20am

grejt story,
keep upp the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

Iunee posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 8:49am

Wow. Great work!
You made it into the top three of my favourite fanfic authors :D

(I hope I got the grammar right... *g*)

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 2:25am

All in all, a very good chapter. As I've said before, you have a great talent with words and can take the reader and make them see your vision and feel the emotions associated with it. Please, keep writing. You have improved so much over some of your earlier work, e.g., Harry Potter and the Betrayals. (Either that or you got better betas/editors. -grin-)

lap10 posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 8:16am

I've thoroughly enjoyed this story and "The Refiner's Fire." There's a great flow to both of them that leaves me waiting longingly for the next chapter.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 6:49am

Wow - there was a fascinating chapter - I train librarians on software, and am teaching a cataloguing class today - I sent the paragraphs about the library to my colleagues as "The next enhancement of our software..."

Thanks for this wonderful story
Ken

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Wednesday 16th November 2005 2:20pm

Another Great chapter, I like how you had Ginny notice his eyes to realize that he was Harry in desguse. I like the his dad in the picture and Harry getting to talk to him.

MPF

Hagrid posted a comment on Wednesday 16th November 2005 1:39pm

Some good discoveries in this chapter, an' not a parkin' meter in sight! I was right chuffed to be asked by the Professor to whittle that flute, glad it helped. Send me an owl if yer need me.

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Wednesday 16th November 2005 1:05pm

I found you while I was reading Bobmin's story "Sunset Over Britain" and was checking out the other authors. I was also following your story on fanfiction.net.

Your story is so good, and I really enjoyed reading this chapter.

Thank you!

brad posted a comment on Wednesday 16th November 2005 1:05pm

I noticed with the last chapter, and now this one ... printing with Mozilla the text on the pages is all screwed up, with disproportionate and horrible white space between single- or double-quote characters and the next non-white-space character.

I've had this problem with the occasional fanfic out there, and usually find that it prints fine using Microsoft IE. I *think* - from looking at the html once or twice - that it's (sigh) a Microsoft thing, heaps of html crud which only IE can seem to handle properly for printing.

This is the first story on fanficauthors with which I've had the same problem. I was hoping that Tim's code was 'open source safe'; I guess maybe it's the format of the chapters that you're uploading that's the source of my problem, and that fanficauthors doesn't filter out the Microsoft stuff or reformat things after all.

I've never had this problem with Time of Desitiny on your other site - fanfiction.net I think?

Cheers, Brad.

Machiavelli Jr posted a comment on Wednesday 16th November 2005 9:08am

An excellent chapter; Harry as Heir of G is very, very old, but your take on it is pretty original. James is excellent even as a portrait - you fancy writing the life of Sirius when this is done? He'd be the best Marauder to get a novel out of - James is just too light, even with his attitude problem. Harry's diplomacy is good, though I hope you'll be revealing the 'plan' he mentioned to Hermione soon. Bearing in mind his heirs I think Gryffindor having a [unique] sense of humour and a deeply twisted mind is about right...

Asad posted a comment on Wednesday 16th November 2005 7:41am

Loved the stuff.... your writing and plot is progressing along very nicely!

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 6:09am

Harry's got the weight of the world, wizard and muggle, on his teenage shoulders and you describe his reactions to what he sees Voldemort doing quite well. In fact, I find the scene you described more disturbing than the one you warned your readers about. I hope the Voldemort arse-kicking contest starts soon.

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 5:06am

Interesting Auror exam and I like the fact that unlike HBP (ugh!) Snape really is a ggod guy.

P.S. You've got great betas, I'm great for spelling and grammar, which means I'm more an editor than a beta. I like how you thoughtfully thank them at the end of each chapter.

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 4:24am

Every adult should have a will, if only to get everone together to tell them they don't get squat. grin Really, it's a good idea and it should be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that it reflects the current situation. I sure hope Harry doesn't have to have his 'read' any time soon.

The Resident posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 2:57am

Molly is overprotective of her only daughter and can't stand the thought of losing her. I didn't know when I was that age and it took me 3 tries to find the right woman. Some people mature faster than others. I do hope Harry is OK.