Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Robin Westerly posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 11:24am

Thank you!!
Thank you!!!
Thank you!!!!
There is nothing more to say.

Abraxan replied:

LOL! Thank YOU! I'm so glad you enjoyed my stories!

Abraxan

Hagrid posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 10:33am

And Hogwarts won't be the same without you either, so I hope you are plannin' to keep writin'. So good ter see 'arry learnin' to except the honors lavished on him, he will keep havin' it happen I am sure. An excellent story, and this chapter he was only in the hopsital wing to deliver someone else, that could be som'att of a record fer you both.

Abraxan replied:

Yeah, I think you may be right, LOL! No, wait, he took Ron to the hospital wing once in Refiner's, I think, when Ron was poisoned from the glittery stuff on Hermione's shoulders? Yeah. Harry wasn't hurt that time. So TWICE, at least, he's only been there to take someone else to be treated! heehee.

I do plan to keep writing, but I'm working on an original novel now. I'll do Harry Potter short stories from time to time, but for now, I'm concentrating on this novel aimed at "real life" publication. Why should JKR make all the money from fantasy book fans, after all? LOL! I'll be including things I've created for these fics in the novel, since I own the copyright on them, but there won't be any reference to Harry and his world so I won't get in copyright trouble. Besides, I'm creating my own magical world, and it's LOADS of fun!! I actually thought of a giant character last evening who might make a good companion to the brothers who are the heroes of the tale, so you might recognize some of your personality in that character, dear Hagrid! (Mostly the gentle, sweet nature and fierce protectiveness of your friends, I think -- but I haven't started writing the character yet, so I'm still thinking about it, and he will evolve and change as the story progresses anyway.)

I've greatly enjoyed your reviews, Hagrid, m'dear! Do try to join the chat tonight -- I'd love to talk with you in person! (Chat info is on the "News" section of my home page here.) Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Michael69 posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 10:14am

YES!! Great story. Encore! Encore! I can't believe it's done, I'm fighting my insticts to tell you to update soon. Instead I'll say; Can't wait for your next project.

Abraxan replied:

LOL! Thanks a lot! My next project is an original novel aimed at real publication, but I'll probably write some Harry Potter short stories from time to time as well. I'm so glad you enjoyed my story! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Chthonius posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 10:05am

While I'm looking forward to the epilogue, this chapter was still a little bittersweet to me. Like at the end of any good novel, I find myself sad that the journey is over.

It is a tribute to your writing prowess that I will so miss reading more of this story.

Good job. I'll be interested in reading anything you write in the future.

Abraxan replied:

THanks very much! I'm currently working on an original novel aimed at real publication. It's a "hero quest" fantasy, so HP fans will probably enjoy it (sure hope so!). I'll post ordering info on here when (not "if" - thinking positively here!) it's published! I may also write some HP short stories based on the epilog. I'm glad you enjoyed my stories! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Mayjest posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 9:39am

I swear you have an obsession with putting your characters in the hospital wing. Maybe you should ER fanfics, you seem more at home in a hospital ;)

None-the-less, a very good chapter. I have been very impressed with you fics since I first found Refiners Fire (around a month ago), and I have to say they are easily amongst my top 5 favourite stories. Don't stop here though!

Abraxan replied:

Nope, I have no interest in writing any other fanfics. I am definitely stopping here, as far as HP novels go. They've taken two years of my life (literally!) and I can't see doing that much work for no pay. I'm currently at work on an original novel aimed at "real" publication -- I'll put ordering info on here when (not *if*) it's published! (thinking positively!!). Glad you liked my stories! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 9:26am

Nice chapter. Here Harry finally gets his well-deserved break. This time it's Hermione who gets the obligatory brush with death... *shakes his head in amusement*
I liked the fact that Snape was awarded an Order of Merlin. The man has many faults (less in your story than in others), but he deserves some credit for his role as spy.
Looking forward for the epilogue chapters. Will they consist of many glimpses with larger time jumps in between, or will things go on in a linear way for a while longer?

Quizer

Abraxan replied:

Glad you liked the chapter! The epilog starts five years in the future and runs along for a bit there, then jumps many years more in the future and runs along for a ways there, then there's a list of characters and what happens to them through the rest of their lives. These are two looong chapters, so there's plenty of reading ahead of you for the next two weeks, anyway! And I plan to write short stories that fit in the epilog, like the Christmas story that's posted on here, when I get the urge to write about Harry and his friends again.

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 9:19am

A delightful ending to the main story. I'm glad Harry and Ginny will be able to see each other with a fair bit of regularity during her last year. *chuckle* He probably should invest in some appropriately re-inforced full dress robes with all those medals; wearing them will likely be a right pain otherwise.

I'll be most interested in seeing how the epilogue extends the story on.

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL! I hadn't thought of that (reinforced robes). Perhaps he can put a "light-weight" charm on them to make them easier to wear? But the problem he had with them this time was that the real medals were on ribbons hung around his neck, which really did get caught in his hair (I've had necklaces do that when my hair was long - what a pain to untangle them while ripping out as little hair as possible!! OUCH!!). The smaller medals for everyday wear won't be as hard to deal with.

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Sonicdale posted a comment on Monday 20th February 2006 4:00pm

Loved the bit with the snake stone. Saw a couple in Silver Dollar City when I was there a few years ago.

Harry's Saving Thing. Sounds like either a naughty name for a romance novel or some strange WWW sweet. :)

Good work.
Can't wait for the rest.

Abraxan replied:

You saw some?? Cool! "Harry's Saving Thing" as a romance title or a WWW sweet - too funny! Thanks for writing! Glad you liked it!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 6:30am

Oh god. Wonder what it means when "’s nobschub gt" makes perfect sense? Is there going to be a time where Harry is NOT in the hospital? Sheesh. (teehee) I REALLY liked Ron's string of curses...especially "Bloody damned freakin’ hell!" That one had me laughing hysterically. Anyways, now Snape is free and Harry's (hopefully) officially free of non-Quidditch related hospital trips. Oy.

Abraxan replied:

I answered this once, but I guess this post will "erase" the previous one, which is okay because I read it too fast before (I'm racing to catch up with my literally HUNDREDS of emails since I went on vacation - yikes!).

What it means when that makes perfect sense is that you know someone who talks with his mouth full and have learned to translate! Or that I wrote it well, perhaps! LOL! (for those who don't understand it, it reads "He's not such a git"). Glad you liked Ron's reaction and his string of curses. That was the perfect reaction for him right there, wasn't it? And he had good reason to be angry, too! Glad you liked the chapter!

Abraxan

Wooster posted a comment on Sunday 19th February 2006 5:57am

Great chapter! I can't believe I'm so behind in this story! Eeeek! Uh, one concrit, I thought Ginny was a tiny bit OOC in this. Just a tad melodramatic, y'know. I know she's stressed but it bugged me a bit. Conversely, however, Snape was AWESOME!!! I thought the story very good and I love how honestly puzzled he is when Ginny thanks him. It has to feel weird for him for people to honestly thank him and like him. ;)

Abraxan replied:

She doesn't LIKE him, but she is GRATEFUL to him! And yes, that has to be an odd feeling for Snape! As for Ginny being OOC - everyone has a breaking point, and Ginny's reached hers. All of us act OOC at some point. She's been a rock through all of this stuff, and this is just one thing too many for her. Glad you liked the chapter!

Abraxan

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 10:53pm

Wow, you did not let Harry get a break even after he killed Voldy. I glad I finally got the chance to get to an internet site to get caught up with the story. It was hard to get to one here in Iraq, where I am at for the next 6 months. But now I have a current internet access, I can't wait for you next update. I hope you let Harry have a break from being attacked for awhile.

I love your writing
MPF

Abraxan replied:

You're in Iraq now?? I thought you were here! BLESS YOU for what you're doing for us, and I mean that most sincerely!!! I have the utmost respect and gratitude for our troops! If you have trouble getting online, e me when you can. I have a Commander (USNR) who is sending chapters to two sailors who are deployed right now. We'll add you to the list if you need that kind of thing.

Thanks so much for the nice review, and for all the nice reviews you've sent me! STAY SAFE over there, and God bless you!!!

Abraxan, who supports our troops!!

Taloruyas posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 11:41am

Professor Tofty sighed sadly, wondering why the good ones always had to suffer so.



Because Abraxan is mean!

*grins* One of the cruelest, yet one of the best writers I know. :)
I'm looking forward to any and all tales written by you, Abraxan, HP or otherwise. But please, write a bit more fluff. You make me sad. And that's bad, considering the fact I'm male, and have a rather large ego, I must admit. I love your writing, all of it.

Abraxan replied:

ROTFL! I've got GUYS who need boxes of tissues after reading chapter 34!!! That's just AMAZING to me, because it's not a sad chapter!!

As for me being mean -- heehee. My Yahoo group decided I had to have an evil twin (named "Naxarba" -- which is "Abraxan" in reverse) because the "mean" stuff is SO mean!! heehee. Naxarba is pleased that you enjoyed her part of the chapter!

I'm currently writing an original novel aimed at real-life publication. It's a hero-quest fantasy story like HP, Star Wars, LotR, so it should appeal to this audience (it certainly appeals to ME anyway!!). I'm having a lot of fun writing it and am 100+ pages into it right now. It's called "Star Sons" -- that will be the name of the series. I think it's at least a trilogy, but as I said, I'm just getting started on it. Once it's done, it's off to publishers to try to find a home for it! And WHEN (not *if* -- thinking positively here!!) it's published, I'll posting ordering info here for you guys! Thanks a lot for your kind review!! And I'm really a sweet, kind, gentle person most of the time. . .but it's such fun to let the mean streak out where it doesn't really HURT anyone! LOL! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Monika2 posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 8:45am

Great chapter! I don't know how else to say it. Or should I say chapters, my computer was broken last week and I couldn't read the chapter before this one.. What a treat for me two chapters at the same time! I've read so fast I can't really remember alot of details the only thing that comes to mind is: Poor harry!!! Of course we always know he's going to be ok but it's still angsty enough!! :D How many chapters are left? I guess at least one more?! Please please!! I really don't want this story to end but if you could make a good living out of your writting I guess it's ok.. Only if you do one shot fics again! You have to! (I'm sorry I'm babling about here..haha!)
Cudos to you for a wonderful story, truly the best I've read so far. (and believe me I've read alot!!)
Thanks for writting on behalf of all of us fanfic crazy people!
Monika

Abraxan replied:

THanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed the chapters! If you read that fast, you'll probably enjoy the chapters more by re-reading them, LOL! (I do that myself way too often!!)

Yup, I'm going to try to make some money with my writing!! And I can't promise any more HP fics, but I suspect I will write some short stories based on the epilog. Thanks for writing! Sorry I'm late in replying, I just got back from Florida!

Abraxan

freakyfinger posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 12:50am

Well, as this IS a fantasy story, stuff like snake stones would exist and work properly.

Abraxan replied:

They DO exist, and are used in the American South and other parts of the world. I got a review from a reader in Sri Lanka yesterday that said snake stones are used by the healers there, as well as his grandma. Whether they work "properly" or not isn't for me to say -- apparently some people think they do.

Abraxan

Quizer posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 9:01pm

I didn't mean to offend you with my review. It's just that Harry's constant tribulations totally and utterly overshadow everything that is great about this fic. The quality's still there, but the reader doesn't get to feel it.
But enough of this rant, you've heard it several times from me already and it's not going to change a thing anyway. I guess it's just your style. I should have known when I read your christmas one-shot - even there Harry ends up nearly killing himself for absolutely no reason.

The thing about Rita I had already forgotten, sorry about that. Like I said, it's been a while since Refiner's Fire.

Quizer

Abraxan replied:

The way to avoid offending me in reviews is to avoid telling me what to do. I'm a mature adult, an experienced (and *published,* hello!) writer and I know where my story is going. If you are a professional editor of fiction, then I'll listen to you a bit more seriously, but even the best writers sometimes ignore their editors' advice because the story is the *writer's* vision, not the editor's.

I have a reason for everything I've written in these fics, because I, unlike you, can see the overall arc of the stories and how they extend into Harry's later life.

So remember -- you're welcome to say what you like and dislike, but if you TELL me what to do, you will annoy me and I will tell you so. Don't annoy me anymore. Being annoyed wastes my time and I simply don't have time to waste. Thank you for the apology.

Abraxan

Hannah2 posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 7:03pm

I have to go to bed in , like, one minute, so I'll be quick.

W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!

Nice use of the Snake Stone. It was so weird because I actually was thinking of that when they realised that it was a kind of magical snake bite. I was thinking "Hm, I wonder if that might work." And then, tada! there it was.

"Zip it". Very fun.

Kwow I love it, as per usual, but bed calls. <3

Oh, and Happy V-Day, as well.

Abraxan replied:

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you, as well! And thanks! And thanks for the compliments for the chapter! Glad you liked the snake stone idea, as well as "Zip it!" LOL!

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 4:35pm

Ch.33 - - Harry just can't quit being so 'Harry.'

And you still create one amazing plot concept after another.

Just thrilling.

Abraxan replied:

THANK YOU!!!!! And that's what I was after -- a thrilling, amazing plot! Thanks so much for saying I succeeded!!

Abraxan, who agrees, Harry just can't quit being so "Harry"!!!

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 1:10pm

WOW can't he stay in one peace for 5 Min. Good chapter just wondoring is he going to get to play for the lion's? Hope to see more soon.

Abraxan replied:

Keep reading and you'll find out!! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 11:31am

That "saving people" thing is going to be the death of Harry yet. He can't even get a rest in the infirmary, let alone when he sets out to do something apparently "simple" like removing the last of the dark mark. Unfortunately, life often comes "booby-trapped" that way and simple things get way harder than they need to be. I'm glad he survived, but I wonder what else is in store for him before this story's over.

Abraxan replied:

Luckily for Harry, the story IS nearly over! And yes, he's going to have to get control of that saving people thing! ;-> But he honestly didn't think it was going to take "magic" to get rid of the snake, merely Parseltongue, which is easy for him, remember.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Imp posted a comment on Wednesday 15th February 2006 8:37am

Again with the Hospital Wing? Is he even going to get to see the inside of his dorm again before he leaves? I was hoping for another scene with Peeves before you finish the story, but if there isn't one, then I'll be happy with what you write anyway. I honestly think I may like this story better than the canon. :P Snake stone.......interesting that it worked as if it were normal snake venom. Are you going to show us the FULL extent of Harry's matured power? Or are you just going to leave us with the parts where he isn't in control or injured? I want to see what he can really do. I can hardly wait for the next update.

Abraxan replied:

You'll see the full extent of his power in the epilogue, so keep reading! Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Abraxan