Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Sonicdale posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 4:39am

Okay. The make up was great, the Neville/Susan was terriffic.
The last line of the whole thing was the best.
Heh.
Organizing their homework. :)

Good work!

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Thursday 29th December 2005 1:17am

I have a Sneaking Suspiscion about the London Lions (I know; you said you made them up); could it be that Harry (or someone that knows Harry) is the true owner of the team? (The Weasley twins. Remus Lupin. Odd Lovegood. Dumbledore.) Why would I think that?

1. It's a new team; founded this year.
2. It's in London proper, which *just happens* to be where Harry is moving to after graduation.
3. The team name smacks of Harry's House; heck, it just plain reeks of *Harry* (he IS the Heir of Gryffindor). If it weren't improbable going on impossible, I would think Harry owns the team himself.
4. They didn't even REMOTELY quibble about Harry and Ron going into careers in wizarding law enforcement. (Not exactly the usual attitude for a pro sports franchise.)

Sonicdale posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 11:29pm

Ron seems to be coming out of his anti-Hermoine funk, maybe just a bit.

Liked the Slytherin bit. Zabini will learn the hard way about Harry, I hope.

Good work!

Sonicdale posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 11:08pm

Stroppy, eh?
Well, I have to admit that Hermione was on my, um, SHORT-list as people I didn't like in this story. But now I'm more in Harry's boat, hoping she reforms a bit. Ron needs to wise up as well.

I hate to say this - you're a girl. Guy bonding is much different than girl bonding. Harry and Ron would bond in ways that would either disgust you or make your eyes roll. Hope we see some of that -- Harry's being a good boyfriend, and the scene with him and Arthur was nice. I hope we see some 'guy stuff' soon.

Seems to me that Harry's Cheering charm would be a bit more powerful than others. :) Maybe he's holding back.

Good work!

Sonicdale posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 10:45pm

Here I am, chapter eight, and haven't given you a proper review.
Let's just say I'm a git, and move on, shall we?

For Chapters 1-7:
Loved the Quidditch. Seeing it through Petunia's eyes was interesting. And the whole James/Petunia thing was a bit squicky, but an interesting byplay that got thrown into the foreground well. I liked the Remus and Harry interaction - the bit with Remus tucking Harry in. That was nice. And I've lost count how many times I've burst out laughing at your dialogue. It's brilliant! -- on a side note, the last chapter seemed to have SOOO much dialogue I almost got lost.

Nice bit with Harry's Bday party -Remus/Tonks engagement announcement and then wham! Dobby and Winky get married. :) The concert was well done. Sounds like you've been to a couple!

Loved the whole incident at the hospital. Harry's animagus abilities are going to leak out with all these people knowing about it. I liked the healing aspect of everything - and that Ginny is really intent on becoming a healer.

Marcus Pompfrey is becoming more than a minor character. I'm glad. I just hope you don't go to the bad bad bad thing in HP fic and kill him off before the end.

One note: Anti-apparition wards seem to be missing in this fic. I would have thought the Burrow and other magical places would have such security - just a thought. You have everyone popping around.

Loved the Ollivander bit and the wands. Irony is a deep well you tend to go fishing in - and that Harry now has a wand with his hair is funny. I was hoping that Ron would get a Harrycore wand, but that was probably too much for him to handle.

Now that Harry's out of the Dursleys (nice scene with Vernon, BTW) I like that he has started his mosaics again.

Harry's Temper: He's not lost it again. But having Gin kidanpped was interesting. Are we going to see a blowup soon?

There. That should cover the last several chapters. I promise to write more on each and every chapter I hit now.
Good work!

Jimbocous posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 6:14pm

Hi. Another nice chapter. I do have to wonder if the offer is on the up and up. Sign me up for a Jersy!

Tildessmoo posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 5:41pm

Addition to your author notes: there's also the fact that James was playing with a snitch in Snape's memory. I don't think he'd be doing that if he hadn't become a seeker. More, I can't think how he'd steal the snitch (I'll have to check, but I seem to recall he took it after a game) if he weren't a seeker at the time.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 5:03pm

Very fun chapter! Relaxing for both boys, who definitely deserve a break right about now!!!

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 3:49pm

HMMM...It seems that the other foot is going to drop soon?

Is something up with the London Lions?

Louis IX posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 3:38pm

As the title indicated, that was one full of Quidditch! In a fun way, too.

Now, for what I said in my previous review: like you, I stuck to the one-chapter-a-week schedule, but the holidays arrived and disrupted all that. I'm not telling you to read my story to find out why. No, I'm not. Finish this first ;-)

EricThorsen posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 1:05pm

London Lions eh? I don't know why, possibly just my suspicious mind, but I was always expecting the recruting team to try to kill them. Their offer and the benefits were just so good, I was always wondering when they would turn on them. I was even expecting the brooms to kill them. Good suspense, but I wonder if that was the feel you wanted... keep up the good work.

James Benfield posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 12:16pm

Great chapter! I love how you did the Lions. You made them seem like a real team, rather than corny and all falling over themselves like most authors do.Keep up the good work!

James

Hagrid posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 10:41am

Well, glad ter see yer got the required moanin' about bein' famous outta the way early. A Great Chapter. Nice and refreshin' makes me wonder what yer've got up yer sleeve fer us next. Too much easy livin' seems ter drive yer writers a bit 'round the twist! Hope yer holidays were happy! Send me an owl if yer need me.

Wooster posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 10:12am

Oh what a fantastic chapter!!! Not a single bad thing happened to Harry! (though there were a few 'anguish moments' when we were worried about Ron signing with the Cannons...) I like your new team 'the Lions', yippee! I want a London Lions jersey, that'd be cool! (hm...i might make one. that'd be sweet.) Well, that was the perfect pick-me-up for a poor defenseless girl who's just come down with a dreadful cold (I'm actually typing in gloves and wearing my coat indoors. blech i feel so...ill) Thank you!

Harrypassion posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 8:40am

WELL DONE BUT I STILL SAY THAT HARRY AND RON SHOULD MARRY THE GIRLS RIGHT NOW. I WANT HARRY AND GINNY MARRIED NOW.

ridmania posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 8:19am

lol awesome chapter great team the lions!!! sounds like a awesome modern team that will hopefully win the cup!!!! keep up the great work and hope you update soon!!

Monika2 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 7:55am

How do you do it? Another great chapter! I can't believe how well you writte. I've read alot of fanfics.. But This..I'm sorry if you think I'm some sort of a crazed person for freakin' out about how good you are but this fic is really the best one out there!
I can't wait 'till next week! Yay!!

Erik GL posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 7:33am

Great chapter! It's nice to see them be able to spend a bit of time without any life threatening situations. (Although I definately get a calm before the storm feeling from this.) I've really enjoyed this story as well as Refiner's Fire, and I'd like to thank you for sharing your stories with the rest of us. :-)

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 7:17am

HOOO-YAAA that was a very fun chapter. Real cool to see something good hapen to Harry & Ron.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Wednesday 28th December 2005 6:55am

Fun, Fun, Fun. This chapter was great. I loved the thought that went into the offers as well as the boys' consideration of the offers. I was very impressed with the way you managed your ficticous team and am heartily looking forward to the interactions in the future... You simply MUST have some sort of reaction from Oliver... since he plays for Puddlemere... and Krum as well (I can't remember if he has been mentioned in your fic or not.)

Hurry and post more... I am so in love with this story!