Content Harry Potter

Reviews

freakyfinger posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:44pm

AHHH!! I don't think Harry will ever have a year without a hospital visit . . .

Furthermore, I hate you. I truly hate you. How can you end this story?? Its the best duet I've read, not to mention, probably the longest ;)

Well, start a new piece right away!! I need another good story to pin after ;)

Abraxan replied:

Harry had several years without hospital visits except to be there when Ginny had kids! I just didn't show them because "normal" life isn't all that exciting most of the time!

So you hate me, eh? Too bad! All good things must come to an end and a good story has to have a climax and a denoument, and this one included both of those AND an epic-length epilogue!! :-D

I've already started something new, but you'll have to go to a bookstore or Amazon.com to order it - once I finish it and find a publisher willing to publish it, that is! :-D I'll keep you guys posted on how the publishing stuff goes, and I do have plans to write HP short stories to fill in the gaps in the epilogue whenever I need a break from the novel.

Glad you liked my fics! Thanks a lot!

Abraxan

twilliams1797 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 4:22pm

I have truly enjoyed the Refiners fire and Time of destiny stories. , both for the facinating and powerful plotting and the layers of depth to so many characters. I think this story is every bit as good as the "official" story, better in some ways because of the freedom from the constraints from the "childrens book" format
I look forward to seeing and reading ANYTHING that Ms.Abraxan writes.
Ms. A: thank you for the effort and time you have put into these stories. All too many thigs published and posted via the internet and fanfiction sites are not worth the electrons wasted in their creation TRF and ToD have been worth the wait and effort to see them through to conclusion.

twilliams1797@yahoo.com

my porsche project

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate your kind words! "Fascinating and powerful plotting" -- COOL! I'm very grateful for your wonderful review!

Keep me on your "favorite authors" here and when I have other stuff posted or news on my novel, you'll hear about it! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

sunrisesunset posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 3:57pm

I'm sorry to see this end!

Due to you, I will never look at Harry/Hermione pairings the same again - it just won't seem right. ^^

Overall, a great end to an awesome series.
I can't help but ask: What are you going to be up to now?

Abraxan replied:

I've never thought Hermione and Harry felt any way but "brother/sister" toward each other, so I've never been interested in that pairing at all. JKR indicated from early on that it would be Ginny who was Harry's "other half". Glad you liked my fics! THanks a lot!

What I'm up to now is writing an original novel aimed at real-life publication. It's a hero-quest magical fantasy along the lines of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars - that kind of thing. I'm really pleased with how it's going so far, but I'm glad Destiny's all online now so I can really concentrate on Star Sons (my novel).

Keep me on your "favorite authors" list so you'll get notices when I post something new or ordering info for my novels! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Mark Henderson1 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 3:54pm

I loved it all the way to the end. Are you looking at doing another at some point?

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I'm already at work on an original novel aimed at real-life publication. It's a hero-quest magical fantasy novel along the lines of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars - that kind of thing. I'll post ordering info on all the sites that host my stories when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) it's available for purchase! Now I just have to write it, polish it, and find a publisher willing to publish it!!

Thanks for writing! I'm so glad you enjoyed my stories!

Abraxan

Katie Davis posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 2:11pm

wonderful wonderful stories! i am so sad to see them end. please continue writing, as you are a truly gifted author, and i would be truly saddened if you were to stop!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks! I'm not "stopping," I'm just changing horses, so to speak. I'm working on an original novel so I can be PAID for my work!! It's a hero-quest magical fantasy novel along the lines of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. I hope it will become a series. Got to get it written and polished, find a publisher (possibly an agent as well) and see how things go. . . . I plan to write HP short stories when I need a break from the novel, but that won't be for a while - I need to immerse myself in Ethan and Jake's world for a while, get the novel really going, and not stop until I get stuck somewhere and need time to regroup - that's when the short stories may pop out. I'll put notices on all the sites hosting my stories when (not *if*) the ordering info for the novels is availble.

Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Meg posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 1:14pm

Absolutly beyond wonderful! I think I may have to go back and read it start to finish.

Thank you so much!

Meg

Abraxan replied:

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

Abraxan

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 1:02pm

Absolutely wonderful! I wish you'd write more Harry Potter stories!

Harry Potter GoF is now out on DVD, and Netflix is sending it to me for tormorrow. It wasn't as good as the book, but I still enjoyed watching it.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks, but I'd like to be PAID for my work - I spent too many hours doing this to do it for free!! I'm gonna try the real-life publishing world and see if I can get my novel(s) out there in the real world and get paid for writing - that's my goal!

I got my GoF DVD Tuesday from Amazon.com. I watched all the goodies on the second disc and have started watching them AGAIN - LOVE the interviews and the "how they did that" stuff! Boy, Daniel is one brave - or trusting! - kid to do the stunts he did despite being, in his words, "terrified!" LOL! And the work they all went through for the underwater stuff - BRILLIANT!

Abraxan

Jennifer2 posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 12:58pm

Absolutely marvelous. I don't know how else to describe both stories. Keep up the wonderful work.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much! I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

Abraxan

casey posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 12:47pm

This has been one of the finest fanfics I have ever read. Abraxan, you're an amazing friggin writer and I'm pleased as punch that I've been able to read your works.

Much success to you.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

Abraxan

kittykatluver posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 12:43pm

I'm so sad. It's over! I can't believe it!! All this time, I was hoping it would last for a long time!!! (*Shrieks a happy shriek*) OOOOH! Be sure to write more fanfic! I will be sure to recommend your stories to everyone willing to listen!
Kudos to a long, wonderfully written story!
-Your fanfic fan, Lauren, aka Kittykatluver

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! But nope, I don't plan to write any more fanfic novels - short stories MAYBE, when I get stuck or need a break from the original novel I'm already working on. I'd really like to see where this talent can take me, so I'm gonna try the "real life publishing" world with a hero-quest magical fantasy novel that I think could be a series. I'll post ordering info on all the sites that host my stories when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) the novels are available!

Abraxan

PhiloWorm posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 11:22am

So it's finaly over... kinda sad you know. I enjoyed the good read and must say that I find you to be one of the best authors I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I will look forward to your next pice of work with great longing and exitement.

May the winds of inspiration forever fill your sails.

Abraxan replied:

Thank you for your lovely last line! I'm so glad you've enjoyed my stories! I'm hard at work on an original novel aimed at real-life publication - when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) it's available, I'll post ordering info on all the sites that host my stories!

Thanks for writing, and for all the nice reviews you've sent throughout both fics!

Abraxan

Hagrid posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 11:04am

Well yer have done a remarkable job, and I fer one am sad ter see the stories come ter an end. Guess I'll have ter go back an read em again. Some of the things yer brought up in this chapter had slipped me mind. I was never great shakes at magic, but readin', now thats som'att I enjoy doin' durin' long winter nights in me hut. Stop by some time, and yer can tell me one in person. Send me an owl if yer Ever need me. God bless and Gods speed ter yer and yers.

Abraxan replied:

Hi, Hagrid!! I'll bet you'll be spending less time reading now that Spring is coming, and more time outside with new baby Skrewts and baby unicorns and baby nifflers (if you ever have a spare niffler, send it over - I'd like one as a pet!) Thanks for all your VERY fun reviews! I'm so glad you've enjoyed my stories! I'm glad you recovered from the dragon attack so well - you'd never know you were injured, now, would you? :-D Keep me on your favorite authors list so you'll know when I have other stuff (short stories) online, or when I have news to share about my original novels!

Thanks a lot for all the wonderful reviews! It's been fun getting to know you! Come on over sometime and we'll have a cuppa. :-D

Abraxan

potterhead posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 10:19am

that was so great!
I love this story.

and harry is now back to normal and completely scar free...well alomost. I like that very much. It's kinda symbolic of starting a new life and moving on.

thanks for sharing this amazing story with us!

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That's right, he's scar-free (well, almost, you're right!) and ready to start the rest of his life. Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

James Benfield posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 10:08am

My friend, this is an absolutely marvelous story! I am sad to see it end, but every stroy needs its ending. Please, keep up the good work! Harry in the hospital wing again didn't bother me, as I'm sure it did some people, because you gave him several years without a major incident, barring falling off of the roof, lol. As I said earlier, please keep up the good work, you inspire people.

Your Loyal Fan,

James Benfield

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much, James!! I'm hard at work on an original novel aimed at real-life publication. It could easily turn into a series - hopefully I'll find a publisher who likes it!!! I have a lot of story ideas for short stories to write when I need a break from the novels, so keep me on your "fav. authors" list so you'll get notices of whatever's new, or of news of my novel! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

DJ posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 10:01am

I have said it all befoe you are the best. I can only hope you keep writing HP storys while you work on your own novel good luck with that. You had to put him in the hospital again? LOL well done you need to stop making me cry; you are to good at that thanks for all the hard work I will miss these storys.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot!! Sorry about making you cry, but I've heard the stock prices on tissues have gone up since I started these stories, LOL! Gotta keep the economy moving! LOL! I do plan to write HP short stories when I need a break from the novels - only time will tell how much I can accomplish with spring coming, my art and horse show seasons starting, new fences to build, etc., etc. But I LOVE Harry and do have some stories already in mind - it's just a matter of finding time to get everything done. . . . Thanks for wishing me luck with my novel!!! I'll keep you guys posted on that! Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 9:50am

ACH!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What am I supposed to do now? Honestly? What else is there to live for?

*wails*

I love you! (in the sweet, platonic, non-stalkerish way ^.^)
I loved reading your stories, and they've given me plenty to think about since I first found Refiner's Fire last March (It's already been a YEAR!!!)

I feel like I've nothing to do now... All of the fics that I've been reading for ages are finished now (Cassie Claire finished DV yesterday... I've been following that for over two years! It's insane)

What's my purpose now... I keep saying that I want to write, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do anything other than drabble (plot bunnies attack all of the time, but all they do is breed other plot bunnies and then die )

Will there be more fanfiction, or original fiction perhaps?
Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see more writing (I'll check the yahoo group from time to time too, whenever I go home, to see if there's anymore big news)

Wishing he could find something wrong, something that would show me that this isn't real and it isn't really over--
your resident conspiracy theory elf
~Rowan Mikaio

Abraxan replied:

Hi, Rowan! Long time no see!!! You love me in a sweet, platonic, non-stalkerish way?? LOL! COOL! And your plot bunnies breed more bunnies and then DIE?! How awful!!! And how FUNNY! When your brain is less cluttered with school work, you'll be able to write, and your writing will be witty and fun to read, I promise, just as long as you RELAX and write NATURALLY (I've done it the other [non-relaxed, trying too hard] way and it wasn't pretty. . .trust me!)

I plan to write some HP short stories to fill in the gaps in the epilogue at SOME point, but I'll only work on them when I need a break from the novel(s) or am stuck on them. I'm currently working on an original novel which could easily become a series. It's a hero-quest magical fantasy along the lines of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. I'll post here and on the other sites that host my stories whenever there's news about my novel(s) and/or HP short stories.

Great to hear from you again! Thanks for the nice review!

Abraxan

light fan posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 9:07am

Thanks for the very long epilogue and afterward, tying up loose ends in ways to make all of us HP fans of happy endings very happy indeed. You even included one last adventure! Marvelous novels. I'm sure you need a break, but hope you will start another soon as you are far and away one of the best fanfiction authors publishing. Due to the nature of updates not nearly as frequent as we readers would like, I'm sure most do as I and read multiple stories so we can have an update on at least one nearly every day. As many as I have, and do read, you truly are in a class above the rest. Thanks for many enjoyable hours!

Abraxan replied:

Thank you very much! If you guys read each others' review responses, you're going to get tired of reading this, but on the chance that you only read your own review responses, here I go again!

I'm hard at work on an original novel aimed at real-life publication. It's a hero-quest magical fantasy novel that could easily become a series. I'm hoping to find a publisher who will like it enough to PAY me for my writing!!! Whenever I hit a place where I need a break from the novel or get stuck on it, I have plenty of ideas for HP short stories to fill in the gaps in the epilogue, so those are the only fanfics I have planned at present. I honestly feel I have to give myself a chance to see if I can make money with this talent, and my fiction muscles are now well-exercised, with over a million words (Asad counted!) of fiction now online in these two novels (we haven't counted the words in "A Very Harry Christmas" to include in the total!). So that's what I'll be doing for a while - working on original novels. I'll post info on all the sites that host my stories when (not *if* - thinking positively here!) my novel is published, or more HP short stories are available. Thanks for writing!

Abraxan

HPpassion posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 8:38am

WELL DONE WELL DONE INDEED

Abraxan replied:

Thanks very much!

Abraxan

biblios posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 8:38am

good finish and I am so glad you rounded off all the peoples lives with out too many deaths :-P, I am sat in front of my machine (at home thank god) weeling and sniffing all over the place, hubby has just past me a new box of tissues and grumped at me...
I cant think of any story that has held me and has been so rewarding, thank you
and I will be recommending it as well as rereading it.
lol biblios
ps cant wait for what ever you will do next, but I can wait.

Abraxan replied:

Thanks a lot! Boy, there are a lot of keyboards around the world that just missed shorting out from all the tears I've heard about here and elsewhere! LOL! Glad you enjoyed the story!! And thanks for recommending it to your friends!

What I'm doing next is writing an original novel, now already well underway. It's a hero-quest magical fantasy novel along the lines of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc. WHEN (not *if*!) it's available, I'll put ordering info on all the sites hosting my stories. Cross your fingers that I find a publisher soon after I start sending it on "the rounds"!

Abraxan

Ken Warner posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 8:16am

thanks so much for the tremendous pleasure you have given us with these thoughtful and entertaining books. I will recommend them without hesitation to anyone who wants a good read. I wish you all possible success in the pro fic world and am looking forward to buying hard copies of yoru future works.
Warmest Regards
Ken

Abraxan replied:

THANK YOU, Ken!!! I really appreciate it!! I'll post ordering info on all the sites hosting my stories as soon as possible after I get it (first I have to finish the novel, of course, LOL!) Thanks again! I'm so glad you enjoyed my stories!

Abraxan